PDA

View Full Version : 21-day No Visa Policy

richardandjenny
9th March 2007, 23:28
Just to check so i dont get caught out.:Erm:

im planning on going to the philippines soon to meet my girlfriend. From what i can make out from the Philippine Embassy in londons website (detailed below).......

"21-DAY NO VISA POLICY
Generally, all aliens are required to secure visa before entering the Philippines. The Philippines, however, has a 21-day no visa policy for bona fide British and Irish tourists who wish to visit the Philippines for not more than 21 days. Those who wish to avail themselves of this privilege should have a passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines and a plane or ship ticket valid for his onward or return journey to his/her country of origin or to the next country of destination, and a valid visa to that country if a visa is required. "

basically if i read it all correctly: if i have my passport, funds to stay there and my ticket home im covered for 21 days?? my question, is i plan on staying for 21 days and leaving on day 21 itself, am i covered or is there any hidden catches?? or am i reading to much into it.:cwm34:

im not counting the day traveling there via schipol as obviously its then the next day i actually arrive.:doh

thanks in advance and hope that makes sence:Rasp:

richard :)

Blueberry
10th March 2007, 01:04
If u are leaving on the 21st you will be fine,just don't miss ure flight :Rasp:

A_flyer
10th March 2007, 08:58
basically if i read it all correctly: if i have my passport, funds to stay there and my ticket home im covered for 21 days?? my question, is i plan on staying for 21 days and leaving on day 21 itself, am i covered or is there any hidden catches?? or am i reading to much into it.:cwm34:
The count starts on the date you have your passport stamped with the entry stamp by the immigration officer at your POE in the Philippines and you must leave the country before midnight on the 21th day from this one (same count stops when you got the exit stamp on your passport).
Be carefull to have a passort still valid for 6 months at the return date of your stay and of course a valid return ticket as they stated.

Anyway if you plan to stay more than 21 days, it's easy to get an extention at immigration office in the airport, ask the immigration officer you will have to go to their office (but you will have to pay of course for it).

If you are married with a Filipina AND entering the Philippines together, you can ask a 1 year Balikbayan visa. Just add a copy of the NSO marriage certificate or the Embassy marriage registration certificate if married abroad to your both passport (this visa is easy and free to get) and return tickets.

richardandjenny
10th March 2007, 11:05
ok thanks! thats what i hoped to hear. can now book my plane.

im just at the first meeting stage with jenny so no marriage or bringing her here yet. just hope i survive the humidity and heat.

thanks!

A_flyer
10th March 2007, 11:17
just hope i survive the humidity and heat.
I never found Philippines difficult for this. It's hotter in my home town in France in august and really difficult sometimes. I never suffer from heat and humidity in the Phils. You have always wind coming from the sea letting you felling better. It's not like some other tropical countries.
More problems with air pollution, especially in Manila.

Just don't forget to have a hat or cap when outside, sun block (40 minimum) and cream in case you get some sun burnt... Sun is hard there, especially for the first days when coming from our "cold" Europe.

baboyako
10th March 2007, 15:37
go to the highlands if it gets too hot. at 2000ft its quite chilly.

Philip
10th March 2007, 21:39
Enjoy you're visit, it's quite an experience! :Hellooo:

richardandjenny
10th March 2007, 22:14
Yeah i live in scotland so its baltic sometimes! so anythings hotter!

Its the Eastern Visayes im off to, so from what i have seen and learned over the last year and a bit it it looks quite an experience. :-)

Philip
10th March 2007, 22:17
Yeah i live in scotland so its baltic sometimes! so anythings hotter!

I'm from Aberdeen, the phils is paradise in comparison! :Rasp:

gingxrick
11th March 2007, 11:33
Hi richardandjenny, So what part of Scotland do you live in, I 'm from Dalgety Bay in Fife. We hope you have a great time on holiday with Jenny,fantastic country the Phils you will enjoy it.

from ging and ricky

richardandjenny
14th March 2007, 00:05
thanks! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

dont think we will fit all we want to do in :icon_lol:

im just outside glasgow (south east) :Hellooo: