PDA

View Full Version : visa rise

andypaul
7th March 2007, 20:53
What great news still trying to find out more information but the spouse visa looks like its gone up to 500 pounds as i think the ilr visa via post.:NoNo: If i caught the news on channel four news citzenship has also gone up by a huge amount.

Doing some reading up as i find out more i will post it unless somebody beats me to it.

gingxrick
7th March 2007, 21:19
Hi everyone, I've just checked the visa situation out as from the 1st of April 2007 instead of paying £260 it will rise to £500 for a settlement visa.

So if you know anyone applying for settlement visa get them to get it in before the 1st April which is only 3 weeks away with a couple of days to spare.:cwm23: :cwm23: :cwm23: :Brick: :furious3:

Regards from Gingxrick

andypaul
7th March 2007, 21:19
335 now up to 750 pounds to apply for ilr by post after april1 07

500 pounds now up to 950 pounds to apply for ilr in person at a peo ie croydon or brimingham.

Spouse visa is up from 260 pounds to 500 pounds i guess that includes finace visas as well.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/6356/17715/fees2007.pdf

Heres a link to more details looks like we will both be doing the overtime once back from our trip to phill:bigcry:

andypaul
7th March 2007, 21:21
I have just found a link for the proposed fees in the uk visa section.

Shocking amounts but hey this is the goverment where if you don't have loads of money your buggered. Im waiting for the tax on breathing the air in the uk.

gingxrick
7th March 2007, 21:23
Hi, It didnt say anything about FLR or Ilr but I suppose it to will be going up.

andypaul
7th March 2007, 21:31
Hopefully rob you just miss these fee increase?

walesrob
7th March 2007, 21:33
335 now up to 750 pounds to apply for ilr by post after april1 07

500 pounds now up to 950 pounds to apply for ilr in person at a peo ie croydon or brimingham.

Spouse visa is up from 260 pounds to 500 pounds i guess that includes finace visas as well.

Heres a link to more details looks like we will both be doing the overtime once back from our trip to phill:bigcry:

Yes Andy, looks like Elsa is the lucky one here, she's missed the price rise and the lifeinthe uk test.

All this to pay for the IND to send visa overstayers text messages to go home :furious3::furious3: Anyone hear about that in the news?

The 2 threads about this price rise have been merged here together.

KeithD
7th March 2007, 21:36
Im waiting for the tax on breathing the air in the uk.
You already pay that, it's called Kyoto were we pay for carbon free air from other countries. :Brick:

andypaul
7th March 2007, 21:38
All this to pay for the IND to send visa overstayers text messages to go home :furious3::furious3:

I have loads of free texst left over each month from my mobile account can i give them to the goverment and get a discount?

baboyako
7th March 2007, 21:58
It seems a bit big brother. If they have their mobile number can't they locate the phone to the nearest 200meters anyway? :Erm:

joebloggs
7th March 2007, 23:19
well the page will not open with the prices on , but hell if its gone up iam gonna complain

this made me laugh from IND website 'generating the revenue for the next four years to help fund the transformation of the immigration system, and maintaining the global competitiveness of the UK as a place to work, visit and do business. We believe that those who benefit most from coming to the UK should contribute most to funding the end to end system. The charging system must be fair to those who use the system, in terms of the price paid for the visa and attached entitlements; and fair to the UK taxpayer, who will continue to support the immigration system that brings benefits and enrichment to this country.'

now the gov is not telling me, that to process a visa app, they charged £335 and thats subsidized by the tax payer :yikes: , what the :censored: is going on there?

it talks about fair, how about giving a fair charge to those eastern europeans who come and work here? , 400,000+ came to work here last year and paid their £70 for a work permit and Once you have been working legally in the UK for 12 months without a break you will have full rights of free movement and will no longer need to register on the Worker Registration scheme. You can then get a residence permit confirming your right to live and work in the UK.:yikes:

it sounds to me its the british citizen whos born here, pays taxes here, and married a non european who is subsidizing immigation for the tidal wave of eastern europeans who come to the UK.

aromulus
7th March 2007, 23:29
Yes Andy, looks like Elsa is the lucky one here, she's missed the price rise and the lifeinthe uk test.

All this to pay for the IND to send visa overstayers text messages to go home :furious3::furious3: Anyone hear about that in the news?

Sorry guys...

This were being a EU national in the UK pays off.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

As far as I could find out, I don't have to pay a penny in Visa fees.
To make double sure, I did phone the Embassy in Manila, and the clerk at the other end, confirmed it for me.
To me, it seems all a bit strange, but I am not complaining about this particular situation.

I sympathize with you all.

Dom

walesrob
7th March 2007, 23:34
Sorry guys...

This were being a EU national in the UK pays off.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

As far as I could find out, I don't have to pay a penny in Visa fees.
To make double sure, I did phone the Embassy in Manila, and the clerk at the other end, confirmed it for me.
To me, it seems all a bit strange, but I am not complaining about this particular situation.

I sympathize with you all.

Dom

What?

Can you just clarify that? Maybe your confusing this with a Schengen Visa which is free anyway?

joebloggs
7th March 2007, 23:43
well i was going to crawl back to work tomoz with my damaged back.

but instead iam off to phone CAB, IND, write to me MP, and complain, about how can they push the price from £335 to £750, i've got a wife, a 6 yr old, a 4 month old baby and a teenager to support and in 4 wks they want me to pay £1500 for 2 visa's , oh as well as the £68 i just paid for the 'living in the uk' test, and another thing , how come the eastern euros dont have to take it ? :cwm23:

:cwm23: :cwm23: :cwm23: :cwm23:

russ01539
8th March 2007, 01:46
Its just another tax rise against the innocent british people born here who wish to marry their loved ones, especially if they are foreign, and come to think of it anyone and everyone. Someone mentioned earlier in their thread about having to be rich to be british. Actually you only benefit in this country if you wear a hoodie, steal cars, claim benefits, refuse education and drop out, have ten kids to 6 different women etc etc..... Thats were youre better off. If you do try to get up and do something with your life youre gonna get money stolen from you in every direction. I had a tax return late form sent to me the other day. I checked my account to see if the 1500+ pound cheque I sent with it had been banked, and sure as eggs it had. Then I rang the muppets who messed up and they said I would have to make an appeal against the fine. Which I found out today would cost 75 quid if i get my accountant to do the appeal. When I called back to ask if HMRC were prepared to foot the bill seeing as it was obviously their mistake I was told - you guessed it - get lost it your problem !!!!!
Mentioning this to a friend he said (and this is a staunch labour supporter) I would get fined less for assaulting some random person on the street, smashing a few shop windows up and generally being a ****. Point taken.
So my only other alternative is do nothing and hope that HMRC 'go away'. OR get my accountant to do the appeal and the take HMRC to court to recover the costs. What do you guys think I should do ? Seems like I am creamed whichever I do. Seems to me we no longer live in a democracy, so I'll be voting MRLP next election.

Rant over. Thanks for reading guys.

russ01539
8th March 2007, 01:50
PS. I am off to Phils at xmas to get my teeth done - instead of waiting 18 months for a filliing on our new superduper streamline NHS. Streamline in labour terms means cutting the staff to such a bare minimum that they dont actually exist. And my mum will finally get her soft tissue scan done in Manilla - she has now been waiting for this simple procedure for 2 years. And I know there is a soft tissue scanner in our local hospital - problem no one is qulified to use it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joebloggs
8th March 2007, 09:34
I want to complain, why not, people who you dont know, they dont know you, yet they have the right to effect your life. I think it could cause problems for my wife if i complained about it.

the law and justice in this country is a joke, story i read last night just made me :cwm23:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1001/1001236_road_menace_jailed_for_9_months.html

why didnt he get 10yrs or life ? this is just one :censored: up country.
:laugher: his defence claiming under home secretary guide rules he should not get a prison sentance as hes not dangerous and persistent.

i give up :furious3: , soon as i've paid off my debts and saved a bit of :REGamblMoney01HL1: , i'll be off to new zeland, Australia or the philippines..

KeithD
8th March 2007, 09:48
Typical British...moaning about everything, and yet we live in the best country in the World, every other country is jealous of us, and I prove this time & time again every time I go to another country.

I'd have property in other countries for holidays, but the UK is always 'home'.

Regardless of what charges are there, they are still cheaper than a trip to the Phil for hubby & wife, and if you don't agree with the charges, move to the Phil. Simple.

It'll cost way more than £1,500 a year once your beloved is here :omg: .....one Papaya £2.40 :Brick: ....that's £125 a year :cwm24: ......never mind the rest :bigcry:

john sergison
8th March 2007, 09:54
this is another example of the normal hard worker here being shafted again.
remember the BLAIR speech, we welcome all to this country who come legally, YEH, i wonder why.
How can we as a group make our complaint to BLAIR about this overpriced increase in charges, Any ideas?

john sergison
8th March 2007, 09:59
keith, i think that you are being unfair with your comment to people who may not be in the same financial position as yourself.
i am ok financially , my complaint is that it is a rip off,

joebloggs
8th March 2007, 10:09
Typical British...moaning about everything, and yet we live in the best country in the World, every other country is jealous of us, and I prove this time & time again every time I go to another country.

I'd have property in other countries for holidays, but the UK is always 'home'.

Regardless of what charges are there, they are still cheaper than a trip to the Phil for hubby & wife, and if you don't agree with the charges, move to the Phil. Simple.

It'll cost way more than £1,500 a year once your beloved is here :omg: .....one Papaya £2.40 :Brick: ....that's £125 a year :cwm24: ......never mind the rest :bigcry:

well I'm a lucky one, my wife doesn't eat Papaya :xxgrinning--00xx3:
moaning lol, want action not moaning, like the guy who crippled the 5yr old, after he ran over the lolly pop lady, she and the parents of the 5yr should have run over that :censored: legs, and made sure he never made it a 3rd time.

thats the probs with british they moan a bit but put up with it, most dont go that bit further and do something about it.

as for agreeing, the increase of the charges was decided by a 'lord' not mr public, where £400+ is meal for 2 in his fav restaurant, but for most its more than a weeks pay.

iam waiting for my new community charge bill, no doubt it will be increased more than inflation again, also the increase in gas, electric, water, petrol, tv licence, car insurance, everythnig is always quick to go up, and always above inflaction, yet takes long time to come down if it ever does..

:angry:

joebloggs
8th March 2007, 10:17
you really think people in the south of france, New zeland , Australia , Spain, Italy are really jealous of this country :Erm:

I'dont think so.. ive never meet many people from those countires here in the Uk, yes i agree this country is better than some, esp the old eastern block, thats why they are here.

Philip
8th March 2007, 12:25
Holy crap!!!:yikes:

I hope those who apply before this date wont have to pay extra if their visa is issued after it?

KeithD
8th March 2007, 12:30
They are all jealous of our health service, which is one of the best in the world, regardless of what the press try and make it look.

If I had to pay for my medication, it would cost me around £500 a month in the USA, and that does not include seeing a doc. 2/3rds of folk in the US cannot afford medical insurance.

Business in most Europeans countries is worse off than the UK, and we have pretty fair taxation here, especially compared to the likes of Germany, Italy, etc.

We have a better spread of sport in this country, excellent gambling laws :xxgrinning--00xx3: , a justice system that is biased towards the criminal, but that is the same in most Western countries these days, in the US if you have no ID when your are pulled up, you go to jail until you prove who you are, not here.

In the US it is a lot harder to get residency these days.

walesrob
8th March 2007, 12:45

Yeah, who wants to live in America anyway :Rasp: Give me sunny Aberystwyth anyday :icon_lol:

KeithD
8th March 2007, 13:31
Yeah, who wants to live in America anyway :Rasp: Give me sunny Aberystwyth anyday :icon_lol:
:Erm: You can have it, no one else wants it!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eljean
8th March 2007, 16:34
i will be applying for flr before april 2 or i have to pay 750 quid....:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

joebloggs
8th March 2007, 17:54
They are all jealous of our health service, which is one of the best in the world, regardless of what the press try and make it look.

If I had to pay for my medication, it would cost me around £500 a month in the USA, and that does not include seeing a doc. 2/3rds of folk in the US cannot afford medical insurance.

Business in most Europeans countries is worse off than the UK, and we have pretty fair taxation here, especially compared to the likes of Germany, Italy, etc.

We have a better spread of sport in this country, excellent gambling laws :xxgrinning--00xx3: , a justice system that is biased towards the criminal, but that is the same in most Western countries these days, in the US if you have no ID when your are pulled up, you go to jail until you prove who you are, not here.

the NHS is in a real state, you only have to see on the news and in the news papers, redundancies, cut backs, closures, this isnt made up by the press, even our local maternity unit, a 3 star rated hospital is facing closure, so pregnant women from salford will have to travel to bolton gen, which is a 1 star rated hospital.

some people have to pay for their medication as the nhs will not, iam not knocking the nhs, my wife works for it, they do a good job, but their on a sinking ship., and this under a labour government

KeithD
8th March 2007, 19:32
the NHS is in a real state, you only have to see on the news and in the news papers, redundancies, cut backs, closures, this isnt made up by the press, even our local maternity unit, a 3 star rated hospital is facing closure, so pregnant women from salford will have to travel to bolton gen, which is a 1 star rated hospital.

some people have to pay for their medication as the nhs will not, iam not knocking the nhs, my wife works for it, they do a good job, but their on a sinking ship., and this under a labour government

This is a prime example of media brainwashing. The news only pick up on the minority things, "people left dieing on trolleys"....well news for you...some people do die before they get to a doc...."My wife died in corridor", probably did, but they treat millions of patients, and as we are human, mistakes will ALWAYS happen.

Cutbacks & closures - The NHS is going through a change for the better, managers are now being made to account for the £Billions they have lost over the last few decades. Most hospitals are in profit, the minority that are not is due to bad management, not lack of funds.

Very very few people in this country do not pay for there medication, it is all heabily subsidised. Take a box of 100 Co-Proxamol, simple painkillers, free for me, £8 is it if you need to pay? Europe & USA? £70 a box. I use 2-3 of those a month.

I know a lot of folk in different areas of the health service, and it has improved for the better over the last decade.

andypaul
8th March 2007, 20:21

I agree with most of that but i think the ID situation is going to change if they get them ID cards implemented

aromulus
8th March 2007, 20:34
What?

Can you just clarify that? Maybe your confusing this with a Schengen Visa which is free anyway?

Hi Rob,

Ok here it goes... Sometime ago, while applying for my Italian equivalent to a CNI from the Consulate in Manchester, I heard that as an Eu citizen settled in the UK I was exempt from paying Uk visa fees for my non EU wife. It is in some obscure European law... Then I came across a thread on this site...
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=2323

To make double sure I wasn't being made a fool, I did phone the Embassy in Manila, while in Cebu last month.
They did confirm it for me, unequivocably.

When I read your query to me, I got a bit jittery, as I don't like to have posted someting that might be construed as incorrect.
So this morning I phoned the Home Office, and unbelievably I got a person answering.
This very informed lady, also confirmed what I knew already and directed me to the IND website. Which is so full of legalese jargon that I got lost somewhere in there. Undeterred I searched further, and got to the UKVACS site
and here it is..................... http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1006977150061

I do admit that it is a scandalous state of affairs, and unfair for you Brits, especially now that the visa fees have gone up, but I cannot complain.

And to give credit where is due, I must thank this forum for all the info, encouragement and invaluable help found here.

I just hope that the visa or family permit is granted quickly and without hassle.

Thanks everyone.
Regards

Dom

joebloggs
9th March 2007, 12:04
This is a prime example of media brainwashing. The news only pick up on the minority things, "people left dieing on trolleys"....well news for you...some people do die before they get to a doc...."My wife died in corridor", probably did, but they treat millions of patients, and as we are human, mistakes will ALWAYS happen.

Cutbacks & closures - The NHS is going through a change for the better, managers are now being made to account for the £Billions they have lost over the last few decades. Most hospitals are in profit, the minority that are not is due to bad management, not lack of funds.

Very very few people in this country do not pay for there medication, it is all heabily subsidised. Take a box of 100 Co-Proxamol, simple painkillers, free for me, £8 is it if you need to pay? Europe & USA? £70 a box. I use 2-3 of those a month.

I know a lot of folk in different areas of the health service, and it has improved for the better over the last decade.

Keith, my wife works for the NHS, I see the news, i read the papers, hope hospitals maternity unit is CLOSING !!!! its not media hype, so are many other maternity units in greater manchester and this is a 3 star hospital, there have been 1000s of nurses made redunant as nhs trusts try to balance the books, even some nurses have been asked to work for nothing,

as for junior doctors its a complete joke, those doing specialist training, 8,000 cannot find work, there are junior doctors who cannot find work. i know my wife is taking exams, but shes lucky in away as she doesnt need a work permit.

as for meds on nhs, i just got a prescription for painkillers for my back, and you can buy any drug cheap online, as for meds the gov has been paying too much for meds, if you watched the news last week, the gov admitted they have been charged too much for the meds but they want to keep the drug companies sweet.

keith just type in google "nhs redundancies" and see how many media hype stories you can see. of people who are now redundant.

i just watched the local news last night, showed 23 new mid wifes, none could find a job, they found 1 job that was 40 miles away, and they said its becuase of a freeze on employing people.

a few years ago, you didnt read, hear or see stories about NHs redundances or closures. READ YOUR LOCAL PAPER AND SAVE YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL FROM CLOSURE. coz am sure part if not all of it is closing down.

KeithD
9th March 2007, 12:54
there have been 1000s of nurses made redunant as nhs trusts try to balance the books, even some nurses have been asked to work for nothing,

Exactly, bad financial management, £Millions wasted by those that run the hospital, and to put things right for there own cock-ups, other people must pay, unlike the majority of hospitals which are run properly. Redundancies have nothing to do with goverment, nor the majority of hospitals, only those that run a bad businnes modael, that without goverment support would have gone bankrupt years ago. It's your £Millions of taxes they have been wasting, I'd be more piddled off with that more than anything.

Junior doctors - If their are no jobs available, they can't work. Same goes for all the trained engineers, jpurnalists, etc leaving Uni, they can't all get the jobs they want even after years of training.

We didn't read about them years ago? You have a short memory, go back to when the Tories where in power, and read the historic clips.

joebloggs
9th March 2007, 14:38
i think we can argue til cows come home, and its easy to blame management for the problems. i dont know who is to blame, but to bury your head in the sand , and say its not happening is or its just bad management is :Rasp:

who's to blame for the post office's shutting near me, or where have all the parks gone, even public toliets, once they are gone, there gone for good.

scotsfiancee
9th March 2007, 14:39
Ok folks!

I hear you moaning bout the visa prices..................

Fit can wi de aboot it?

I dina ken fit you folk ar wingin aboot :furious3:

still looking for a job here :angry: :bigcry:

Philip
9th March 2007, 15:09
Ok folks!

I hear you moaning bout the visa prices..................

Fit can wi de aboot it?

I dina ken fit you folk ar wingin aboot :furious3:

still looking for a job here :angry: :bigcry:

:icon_lol: wow, your aberdonian is getting better!!!

Come work for royal mail... you'll love it! :NoNo::Hellooo:

KeithD
9th March 2007, 15:52
There are problems in the NHS, I don't deny that, each hospital is run by a manager, 80% are run OK, the others are a failure to be run successfully from the top....same as in ANY business. If my company fails, I am the manager, no one else is to blame but me, but hospitals are run much better than 10,20,30...years ago. No more black holes for wasting money.

If you don't like the NHS, go private and pay the same rate as the rest of the world!! :cwm24:

Post office is another business model failure, they no longer have anything to sell, they are losing money. If local people used them to do all their shopping in they'd stay open, but they don't. They buy the shopping elsewhere, and when the PO closes complain about it, even though it's the fact they never used it in the first place that forced the closure. :NoNo:

How much do you SPEND in your PO a year? I spend a few hundred, and my 'local' is 3 miles away.

joebloggs
9th March 2007, 17:10
I pay most of my bills at the PO, gas/electric/water, poll tax, tax disk, and use to pay TV license there, for some reason you cant any longer :Erm:

but you have to remember old people rely on the PO, they dont have cars.you cannot tell me you've not noticed parks, public toliets, PO's and near me even the pubs are boarded up and shut, i dont mean one or 2, I think where I live to the town centre is 2 miles, there are proberly 20+ pubs in that 2 miles, a pub crawllers paradise, about 1/4 are now shut down in the last yr or 2.

it is nothing or sign of the times ? yes like under thatcher, and its repeating, remember the style council song "all gone away"....

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/style+council/all+gone+away_20132754.html

i dont know where you are but its true where iam

KeithD
9th March 2007, 17:24
You're in Manchester...they get what they sow :xxgrinning--00xx3: ..I rest my case :D

Our village is full of old people with no cars, yet the PO is 3 miles away, they manage just fine.

The problem is, peoples inability to accept change. Simple as that.

Gavanddal
19th March 2007, 19:30
How can we as a group make our complaint to BLAIR about this overpriced increase in charges, Any ideas?

I, for one have written to my (labour) MP. So far, no reply though. Perhaps I'll turn up at his surgery. How can they justify a 123% increase in fees?

joebloggs
20th March 2007, 11:46
I phoned IND yesterday asking about how to apply for ILR and asked about the fee, the lady said its a proposed increase, of course they will increase it. but still the forms have not been changed, will they changed them on april 1st?, looks like it, too late for me by 10 days :yikes: , so it will cost me £830 more.

I've seen on other web sites, that people have complained to the BBC and their MP, but end of the day if not enough people kick up a fuss, it will go thru. also how can you complain, if you say you dont have the money, then they can say you dont have the finances to support your wife if you do get ILR !! catch 22, damned if you do or if you dont complain.. :furious3:

I'll write to my MP, but i dont expect an answer. :NoNo:

KeithD
20th March 2007, 12:27
You could always start pro-gambling :xxgrinning--00xx3: ........as your a Manc 'friend' I can increase your subscription to £830 :D

symonh2000
20th March 2007, 17:15
Maybe it is an attempt increase the numbers of illegal immigrants? :D

vbkelly
28th March 2007, 13:46
i will be applying for flr before april 2 or i have to pay 750 quid....:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

hi eljean i think you pay £750 if you apply ILR but this is by post if you apply in personal you pay nearly £1000

eljean
28th March 2007, 16:01
[QUOTE=vbkelly;20325]hi eljean i think you pay £750 if you apply ILR but this is by post if you apply in personal you pay nearly £1000[/QUOTE

we keep calling home office for we haven yet apply for flr we keep asking about the visa rise but then they say it just a proposed/provisional they are not sure giving any specific date when it is going to be effective the fee are still normal as they say...were still waiting for that 3 months banks statement which is taking so long becoz as they say the bank is having a massive back log at the moment...i hope they will posponed it in a bit like maybe mids of april...until we get to send our application or else we need to pay 750:bigcry:

joebloggs
28th March 2007, 16:10
sorry , the forms you have to use on or after the 2/4/2007 are already on the IND web site for FLR, and i'll bet the new ILR forms will be on there on friday :bigcry:

looks like you and me and many others will have to pay more, if you look on the british embassy web site it mentioned the new prices more than a week ago

proposed ! its a fact..

from ind website

New application forms will shortly be available from this website. These forms must be used for all applications made on or after 2nd April 2007.

and the FLR one has gone up from £335 to £395. so it has increased.

eljean
28th March 2007, 16:42
sorry , the forms you have to use on or after the 2/4/2007 are already on the IND web site for FLR, and i'll bet the new ILR forms will be on there on friday :bigcry:

looks like you and me and many others will have to pay more, if you look on the british embassy web site it mentioned the new prices more than a week ago

proposed ! its a fact..

from ind website

New application forms will shortly be available from this website. These forms must be used for all applications made on or after 2nd April 2007.

and the FLR one has gone up from £335 to £395. so it has increased.

what you mean?335 to 395?by post thought its 335 to 750 quid by post?:Erm:
all i been worried about is that 750 quid rise becoz we dont have much saving i got the new flr form which scot give me...it was good to know its just 395 not 750 quid.....

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/flr(m)march2007.pdf

scotsfiancee
28th March 2007, 17:04
If you are going to post or make your application in person before 2 April 2007, you must use the existing version of this form (version 06/2006). If you are going to apply on or after 2 April 2007, you must use the new version of the form (version 04/2007). If you are downloading the new form, please make sure that you also download the separate guidance notes.

Here is the new FLR(m) (version 4/2007) http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/flr(m)march2007.pdf

FLR (M) Guidance (version 04/2007) http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/flr(m)guidancemarch2007.pdf

fees for postal applications on or after 2 paril 2007 are £395 for postal applications or £595 for the premium sevice at one of the public enquiry office.

joebloggs
28th March 2007, 23:05
flr was £335 and will be £395
its ILR thats gone up to £750 :bigcry:

KeithD
29th March 2007, 09:23
Joe, you can earn all your visa fees back by Xmas, just visit www.win2win.co.uk (http://www.win2win.co.uk) :xxgrinning--00xx3: .....I'll even throw in first month for free :)

LadyJ
29th March 2007, 10:49
Joe, you can earn all your visa fees back by Xmas, just visit www.win2win.co.uk (http://www.win2win.co.uk) :xxgrinning--00xx3: .....I'll even throw in first month for free :)

You are not allowed to advertise that here!!!:D

KeithD
29th March 2007, 11:12
:Hammer:

joebloggs
29th March 2007, 11:17
you know the code of honor a Manc has to take , rule 1 section 67, paragraph 23

'never give a scouser your money' !!! and its in bold, underlined and in red :yikes:

i'll just pestter my wife to get a full time job :xxgrinning--00xx3:, oh its her pay day to day, and that means pay day for me to :REGamblMoney01HL1:

joebloggs
29th March 2007, 13:35
oh i found a link to a petition about visa rises.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/VisaCostRise/?ref=visacostrise

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hope u dont mind the link keith :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
29th March 2007, 13:55
It won't get you anywhere, this government only cater for the minority....

joebloggs
29th March 2007, 14:01
well with only 279 names on it, thats a minority :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
29th March 2007, 14:46
If you can add notes, put "One legged black Muslim"....you'll have the governments full attention then! :rolleyes:

joebloggs
30th March 2007, 14:05
yes as i thought, the new forms for ILR are on the IND website, time for me to print'em off and rob a few banks to pay for them :omg:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gavanddal
3rd April 2007, 07:10
Well, I've added my name to the petition, written to my MP who has now replied. I doubt that anything will come of it as the IND website says that the proposed fee increases HAVE been introduced. I guess it's all a bit late now.
However, I still feel it's wrong to charge so much for ILTR especially when the "foreigner" has already paid twice to get an entry visa and the LLTR.
Obviously in many of our cases it's not the immigrant paying, it's us British national spouses! In fact, the ILTR should be the cheapest of all three visas as surely the immigrant has already proved everything necessary for entry and as long as those criteria still stand e.g. a Filipina who came here on a fiancee visa and is married to a Brit and is still married and living together, then it's just a case of rubber stamping the passport isn't it?
Or, if the applicant intents to apply for British citizenship then then ILTR should be waived. It's sneaky how all the stages are spaced apart so they can charge you at each stage.

Fiancee visa 6 months
LLTR 2 years
ILTR after 2 years
But- citizenship for a spouse - after 3 years

joebloggs
3rd April 2007, 10:54
in my case its even worse

spouse visa.
visa for stepson to join family
flr for them all
living in uk test *2
ILR * 2

total cost more than £2,500 :yikes:

Gavanddal
3rd April 2007, 17:37
I guess it's free to leave the country when we're fed up of being overcharged and taxed to death

KeithD
3rd April 2007, 17:47
I guess it's free to leave the country when we're fed up of being overcharged and taxed to death
Unlike the Philippines, we don't have to pay to get out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
3rd April 2007, 19:54
Unlike the Philippines, we don't have to pay to get out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well me and the missus paid 227 pounds of tax on our last air tickets so i guess we were taxed in and out of the country :NoNo:

KeithD
4th April 2007, 09:02
That is included in the ticket, as are the Philippine airport duty & taxes. What the Phil charge is not exactly internationally legal according to the airline T&C.

andypaul
4th April 2007, 18:51
That is included in the ticket, as are the Philippine airport duty & taxes. What the Phil charge is not exactly internationally legal according to the airline T&C.

Lets hope brown doesn't see how the phill airports get away with it otherwise im sure little booths will pop up at every airport in the UK:furious3: