PDA

View Full Version : need advices and informations

jta
6th March 2007, 14:56
i am presently in uk and planning to marry my british national partner but civil registrar here decline as i am tourist visa holder...do u have some ideas and informations if possible to convert my visa to fiancee visa? i need your help

gingxrick
6th March 2007, 15:11
Sorry to hear that you cant get married Jta, but if I'm thinking correctly you will have to return to the Philippines and then apply for a fiancee visa, I dont think their is any other way around it. best of luck from ging and ricky

fontain
6th March 2007, 15:59
Yep, bad news i'm afraid

You will have to return to the Phils and apply for a Fiancee visa

My girlfriend was over here last year on Tourist visa but she had to go home and apply for a fiancee one

Make sure you do not over stay your tourist visa either otherwise it will be a black mark against ya name when you eventually apply for a Fiancee one

Good luck

Mrs Daddy
6th March 2007, 17:52
Sorry to hear that you cant get married Jta, but if I'm thinking correctly you will have to return to the Philippines and then apply for a fiancee visa, I dont think their is any other way around it. best of luck from ging and ricky

am afraid gingxricky is right!hi ging miss you nah.cant log in often :bigcry: i wonder why:Erm: it started when i arrive in uk but anyways send my regards to everybody and to t lou:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
6th March 2007, 19:12
hello yup, everybody's right...she has to go back home and apply again for a fiance visa...

goodluck...

andypaul
6th March 2007, 19:15
At least the fact you have already recieved a vistors visa and met your partner in person should help speed up the process :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jta
6th March 2007, 22:16
thanks so much guys for the ideas, but so sad if that would be the case, i thought i can marry with tourist visa here and go back to phil and process the spouse visa if not my visa be converted to.

KeithD
7th March 2007, 09:54
If you actually read the tourist visa info you agreed to when applying, you cannot marry. We always recommend on here applying for a Fiancee visa from the start, as that includes a 6 month trial, and saves the hassle of going back.

philcherry
10th April 2007, 11:33
i just want to ask anybody if applying for fiance visa is worthwhile.or do they think marrying first in the philippines is only way to get the visa.

philcherry
10th April 2007, 11:40
we have been communicating online for nearly 12 months.Phil finally managed to meet me in cebu in feb this year.We stayed together for 5 weeks until Phil had to go back to UK.We really found we loved eachother very much and wanted to eventually get married ( here or uk ).We got engaged while we were together.Since we have been seperated we have joined this excellent forum.and apalogise for our ignorance to the facts,we have read many articles and were told by friends who had applied for fiance visa that there was a good chance we would be refused because it was best to marry first .

philcherry
10th April 2007, 11:42
as we stood a better chance. Can anybody please give us advise or examples of if there is any truth or logic on this situation.thank you so much.

philcherry
10th April 2007, 11:50
We like the thought of marrying first in the Phil's before applying for visa but Phil cannot get enought time away from uk as we were told we needed several weeks to complete all arrangements and deadlines.So that is why we are going for the fiance option and i could live with Phil in uk and get married there in the 6 months granted.can anybody please us advice or any examples of it.thank you so much guys....

scotsfiancee
10th April 2007, 11:55
Philcherry

Applying fiancee visa is a good choice, alot of forum members had been granted without any interview at all. Just provide them all the evidence you had, and to prove them that your relationship is genuine.

I guess you know already what to do :rolleyes:

philcherry
10th April 2007, 12:06
thanks scot.is there a medical and physical examinations at the british embassy for final interview?

scotsfiancee
10th April 2007, 12:27
That's what i thought at first... :icon_lol:

But there is no medical required!

No more interview if they are satisfied with your application.

philcherry
12th April 2007, 12:04
hello thanks the for the reply.and thank you so much for giving us some ideas.

Ann07
12th April 2007, 15:58
Hi Cherry

Im on Fiancee visa when i came here...no interview...just follow the guildelines of the embassy... goodluck to you.

tiger@tigress
13th April 2007, 02:34
:Hellooo: Welcome and Goodluck :Hellooo:

philcherry
16th April 2007, 11:49
Hi Cherry

Im on Fiancee visa when i came here...no interview...just follow the guildelines of the embassy... goodluck to you.

hello Anne, thanks for your reply We would be most interested to know your story concerning ur visa application and situation if you would not mind telling us.

salamat and have a good day.

Ann07
17th April 2007, 19:12
Hi Philcherry

I used to visit the embassy in makati when i was still working in makati at that time gathering information from the ukvaks. But I was in cebu when i applied for my fiance visa and had my cfo. I just follow their guidelines and if something that i dont understand i just phoned the ukvaks and they were so nice. we prepared things like:

My husbands prepared the documents and he sent it to me such as:

Photocopy of his passport details pages and stamped pages, photocopy of birth certificate, bank statements for the last 6 months period prior to the application, payslip, proof of house and pics of the house, letter of support, (Handwritten :xxgrinning--00xx3: )

And my part :)
my passport, a copy of our chat and emails, my cenomar, birth certificate, pics of us together, my cfo certificate, cheque for the visa fee and for the ukvaks i also included some of my personal documents such as my nbi clearance, my prc and sss id's, my tor and MA and diploma and a letter from my previous employer :icon_lol: :xxgrinning--00xx3: Since we got the CNI form already i also included it...coz we are supposed to get married in the phil but changed plan :icon_lol:

And the Application form and a sheet list which we downloaded from the embassy site:xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

I submitted my application on Sept 29 last year and got it Oct 5...SUPERB! no interview... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hope these can help

ann

Ann07
17th April 2007, 19:24
Hi Cherry taga cebu ka? asa man day? taga mambaling ko... sa syudad jud ko nagdako elementary hangtod nigraduate ko sa college...then nilarga rako sa manila for further studies then i landed a job there 6 years sad ko ngadto though magulian ko pero dili pirmi kay work commitment lagi... nilungtad (BISDAK GAAYO NO!) rako sa sugbo dihang nagproces nako sa ako visa. Da gimingaw nako ug bisaya day :icon_lol: naay nicenga agency sa ubos sa cfo mango ave nice gaayo na unya barato pa...siya ga tabang nako asta ako flight...

ann

jta
17th April 2007, 22:19
hi ann,

ask ko ba, unsa na meaning cfo? para asa na sya nga requirements? nakabasa nako ana sa forum but wla ko idea unsa na sya, hehehe...

scotsfiancee
17th April 2007, 23:05
hello JTA

CFO is Commission on Filipinos Overseas (http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_cebu.htm)

You have to attend the pre-departure seminar in SMEF-COW either in CEBU or MANILA before or after you have your visa. Then CFO for a stamped.

Here's a sticky thread http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=1300

jta
18th April 2007, 00:36
hello JTA

CFO is Commission on Filipinos Overseas (http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_cebu.htm)

You have to attend the pre-departure seminar in SMEF-COW either in CEBU or MANILA before or after you have your visa. Then CFO for a stamped.

Here's a sticky thread http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=1300

hi scotsfiancee,

thanks so much...:)

Ann07
18th April 2007, 16:38
hi jta dugay ko nakareply hehehehe...gitubag naman hehehehehe!