PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool sale 'blocked by injunction'

Dedworth
14th October 2010, 08:53
Hicks & Gillette put a spanner in the works

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9080946.stm

A Texas court has granted a temporary restraining order stopping the sale of Liverpool Football Club, owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have claimed.

It comes hours after the American pair saw their challenge against the club's sale thrown out by the High Court.

KeithD
14th October 2010, 09:03
It's not legal in this country, I've been through similar things with the Yanks who think they rule the world. It's also up for review/appeal.

It can put on hold NESV's offer for a week or two, however the injunction is only against RBS, not Liverpool or NESV so the sale should not be prevented, as the legal action is only for a claim off RBS which was expected, but will fail.

So the sale will still go through.

johncar54
14th October 2010, 16:32
Its bad enough when UK get controlled from Brussels but from Texas !!!!!

In fact I am surprised that they knew there was a country called England, probably got it confused with New England. Ain't that out east somewhere buddy !!!!

les_taxi
14th October 2010, 17:01
I'm not a Liverpool fan as you all know but I hope you get it sorted soon,bout time we kicked ass and kicked the yanks hard-who do they think they are:censored:

I have the same concerns over Man utd and hope we find a true fan with lots of dosh who understands the English game and how the fans feel:)

Dedworth
14th October 2010, 17:06
I'm not a Liverpool fan as you all know but I hope you get it sorted soon,bout time we kicked ass and kicked the yanks hard-who do they think they are:censored:

I have the same concerns over Man utd and hope we find a true fan with lots of dosh who understands the English game and how the fans feel:)

The greedy characters who sold out in the first place shouldn't be forgotten - Edwards with his flotation in the case of MUFC and Moores at Liverpool

jimeve
14th October 2010, 20:37
Typical, so called big clubs need a sugar daddy. not a :censored: football brain between :NoNo:them. should have a financial cap. make it fair for the smaller clubs. Big clubs my ass :action-smiley-081:

jimeve
14th October 2010, 20:39
hope The :censored: lot get relegated:icon_lol:

les_taxi
14th October 2010, 20:58
hope The :censored: lot get relegated:icon_lol:

Dream on:icon_lol:

KeithD
15th October 2010, 11:04
Strange the injunction vanished whem the High Court judge said Hicks & partner would be in contempt of court, and as one of them is in the UK he could have been arrested :laugher:

The deal is legally binding in the UK.

Dedworth
15th October 2010, 11:19
Strange the injunction vanished whem the High Court judge said Hicks & partner would be in contempt of court, and as one of them is in the UK he could have been arrested :laugher:

The deal is legally binding in the UK.

Hicksy is still trying to keep out the Croxteth Red Sox

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9094283.stm

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have removed the restraining order preventing the club's sale to New England Sports Ventures.

However, the move is not designed to help NESV seal its £300m deal, but to aid Hicks in his attempt to sell his stake to US hedge fund Mill Financial.

KeithD
15th October 2010, 14:48
NESV is transferring the money to RBS today regardless of any US action.

les_taxi
15th October 2010, 18:47
Yep the sale is done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
15th October 2010, 19:21
out of the frying pan into the fire :NoNo:

les_taxi
15th October 2010, 20:18
Better than the state they were in,I hope we can get as good a result for Man utd:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
16th October 2010, 11:18
Liverpool .... No debt... I don't see that as a problem.

les_taxi
16th October 2010, 12:54
Liverpool .... No debt... I don't see that as a problem.

I'm envious and hope Man utd can get a simular result,it's a great result for Livepool.

KeithD
16th October 2010, 15:42
I think ManU would have to wait for the recession to fully finish to get anyone to pay the amount they need.