PDA

View Full Version : seeking job

lady
5th March 2007, 12:25
i just arrived here in London thru spouse visa. I'm registered nurse in philippines .can i ask help where i could apply work here in UK?

andypaul
5th March 2007, 22:08
i just arrived here in London thru spouse visa. I'm registered nurse in philippines .can i ask help where i could apply work here in UK?

Hi im no expert on nursing, but from what i know.

Most Nurses from phill need to be retrained or gain accredation in the UK.
I think it unlikely you could just walk into a nursing job in the Uk.

Im not sure where you are in London, but it maybe worth going to your local Hospital and speaking to the Phill Nurses you see there. They may be able to help advise you where the careers/hr department is who might be able to help.

My Wife has spoken to phill nurses from hillingdon hospital and many are worried about their jobs as belive it or not the UK has a surplus of trainee/lower grade nurses who are having difficulty finding jobs. To top it all there is talk of hospitals in some London areas reducing the amount of nurses they employ:doh

It maybe better to speak to a job agency specializing in nursing/care.
You may find a job in the medical industry but not a pure nursing role.

I think one of the members on here, wife is a qualified nurse in phill but she takes/checks blood samples here in the UK?

Sorry im not giving you much help, and the news is not cheery but sadly that is the way it is at the moment.

Good luck in your search whatever the goverment thinks the normal people would love to see more skillful and dedicated Nurses working in our Hospitals so hopefully soon the job market will change for the good:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th March 2007, 14:02
yes, my wife works for the nhs in the vampire squad, taking blood from patients, but shes not a qualfied nurse, but a registered doctor in the philippines.

if you want to work as a nurse, I think you have to take the IELTS english test, and get a pass average of 6.5 for a nurse, and for a doctor its 7.0

then in my wifes case she has to take PLAB 1 and PLAB 2 tests, then she can register and work as a doctor in the uk

most of the philippine registered nurses my wife knows, work either as nursing assistants or work as carers in residential homes as the are not registered to work as nurses in the UK as they have not taken exams.

sorry I can't be more helpful

:rolleyes:

tiger@tigress
6th March 2007, 14:29
yes, my wife works for the nhs in the vampire squad, taking blood from patients, but shes not a qualfied nurse, but a registered doctor in the philippines.

if you want to work as a nurse, I think you have to take the IELTS english test, and get a pass average of 6.5 for a nurse, and for a doctor its 7.0

then in my wifes case she has to take PLAB 1 and PLAB 2 tests, then she can register and work as a doctor in the uk

most of the philippine registered nurses my wife knows, work either as nursing assistants or work as carers in residential homes as the are not registered to work as nurses in the UK as they have not taken exams.

Sorry this is out of the topic but ur avatar is quite funny.... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

joebloggs
6th March 2007, 19:45
Sorry this is out of the topic but ur avatar is quite funny.... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

being a veggy and member of SToP (Save The Pig), nothing worse for me than to see lechon, or pig on a stick, sad to see our pig brothers end up on the chopping block :bigcry: , but my avatar is one pig that the pinoys will never get, and will never feel the pain of having a stick inserted up his :censored:

join SToP now and save the PIG :xxgrinning--00xx3:

baboyako
6th March 2007, 20:01
being a veggy and member of SToP (Save The Pig), nothing worse for me than to see lechon, or pig on a stick, sad to see our pig brothers end up on the chopping block :bigcry: , but my avatar is one pig that the pinoys will never get, and will never feel the pain of having a stick inserted up his :censored:

join SToP now and save the PIG :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:doh :Erm: buang ka :Hellooo::Rasp:

Ang sarap ng lechon!

Ann07
6th March 2007, 20:20
:Brick: :icon_lol: :omg: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th March 2007, 21:18
:doh :Erm: buang ka :Hellooo::Rasp:

Ang sarap ng lechon!

I hope baboyako when you goto confession on sunday, you confess to eating the tasty juicy flesh of the lechon, and you think of the poor piglets that are now orphans and films like babes:pig in the city haunt your mind and you realise the mistake you've made, and join me and many others in our struggle and freeing the pig from oppression.

my wife bought chicharon, i nearly died :omg: when i saw it was like pork scratchings. told my wife, to throw it out, or she be out, shes already close to being in the dog house, when i spent £900 on a op for my dog, and she said "its just a dog" :omg: :angry:

she told me she had thrown it out, see how the ill treatment of the pig can cause the break up of homes and families, and even the break down of society and civiliazion. so SToP and think b4 you eat PIG :rolleyes:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

baboyako
6th March 2007, 21:29
...she said "its just a dog" :omg: :angry:

That's what I was told, the first time I was served DOG ADOBO in quezon city. Maybe if your missus cooks you that you will appreciate the lechon baboy more :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th March 2007, 21:43
That's what I was told, the first time I was served DOG ADOBO in quezon city. Maybe if your missus cooks you that you will appreciate the lechon baboy more :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:omg: :yikes: :omg: :yikes: :omg: :yikes: :omg: :yikes:
:Blacklistthatsucks: :BlacklistThumbdown0 :smileybigangry:

oh eating your pig brothers and man's best friend !! :censored:
must be a group set up to free the dog from the pinoys plate... :Erm:

i see another front to fight in the battle. :NEW3:

THE FIRST TIME !!! YOU MEAN YOU ATE MANS BEST FRIEND MORE THAN ONCE

eljean
7th March 2007, 05:43
so are you a vegetarian?in the phils there are places that they ate dog,snakes,insects, in cambodia they have even this cockroach on can.:yikes:

tiger@tigress
7th March 2007, 07:14
:rolleyes: I do eat Baboy its good adobong baboy, sinigang na baboy, lechon, pork chop etc...never tried mans best friend,,, and will never:rolleyes:

KeithD
7th March 2007, 09:47
Blimey...Joe's made me feel so hungry...I'm off to cook some pork chops, wrapped in bacon, with a nice side of soy sauce & pork scratching....I may have a ham sandwich for tea :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
7th March 2007, 15:05
Blimey...Joe's made me feel so hungry...I'm off to cook some pork chops, wrapped in bacon, with a nice side of soy sauce & pork scratching....I may have a ham sandwich for tea :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh keith sounds like you've got enough pork in you to have a pole shoved up your :censored: . I'll text Barrymore see if he can fit you in :omg:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
7th March 2007, 16:18
Man United owned by Leprechaun:

http://images.forbes.com/media/lists/34/2006/owners_1.jpg

http://www.condellceramics.com/Images/k1654.jpg

joebloggs
7th March 2007, 23:29
tis me pot of gold ya'fter :REGamblMoney01HL1: :irish:

he was in some great films :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
27th April 2007, 18:43
ummm as an irish man i'll choose not to have a "tampo" session hahahahahahahahahaha

Kuya Allen
9th May 2007, 14:47

Hi my name is Kuya Allen, I'm a Registered Nurse in the UK, I'm an Irishman and I also work for UNISON a Health Trade UNION and along with Father Claro Conde, I helped 100's of Migrant Nurses into good paid health care employment, in particular from bad employers. You can contact me on my email address :[removed email] I am well known to the Philippine Embassy

rheanne05
14th July 2007, 13:07
Hello Kuya allen my cousin has a caregiver course how can she apply in the UK for work... as I thought nurses are easy to apply to in UK...?How about caregivers?
Thanks

KeithD
14th July 2007, 14:16
We're not importing any more.....in fact we are now sending them back home, as we have a good enough supply in Europe now. So very little chance. Try the US.

claire
26th July 2007, 09:52
just pray always............. God has purpose for everything.....
Good luck......

bigtombowski
6th August 2007, 23:05
u got a job yet c?

Peanutz
16th August 2007, 09:52

I was thinking of getting IELTS test or CPE but it was really expensive. A week course of IELTS is around £200 and CPE is a little more higher. I still don't know if they would acknowledge my Italian Diploma. But even they do I am still thinking that since I am still a Filipino citizen it will be difficult to get a job for there will be a mass of new EU demands for work (argh! pessimist). Non skilled work are plenty around which one might do for a short period of time:cwm34:. Does your wife intend to do the PLAB1 and 2 test Joe? Is it expensive?

joebloggs
16th August 2007, 11:37
:Hellooo: Peanutz

my wife studied for the IELTS at home , i downloaded a few books and audio tapes/cds off the net :D, and as i work for a company that repairs printers, i printed them out for her.

but the first time she took the IELTS test, she got an average of 6.5 :D but needed a 7 :furious3:, so she revised some more and took it again.. second time she got the 7 she needed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I don't know if you know what Plab tests are ? they are medical exams for non uk and non euro docs to take, allowing them to work in the uk as a doc, if you did know sorry :Rasp:, plab1 test is £150 i think, plab2 is £450, and both have to be taken in london :cwm23:.

but my wifes english was really good to start with, why don't you start a open university course, learn from home in your own time, even while you work :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hilda_danao
16th August 2007, 17:48
Hi Sfgvr!
it's really hard to get a job here with that type of course. i am too a graduate of accountancy. i have applied for accounts positions that required high school graduate only but i wasn't even given a chance to be interviewed. i've been applying for jobs for i think over 3months now. all i get are negative replies. so now, i am taking up a sage bookkeeping in ICS.it just cost over£500 :yikes: hopefully i can get a job that i want after i finish it. and at the moment, i am waiting for my interview in a beauty shop. most of us will end up as a cleaner, child minder, carer, etc. but if you want to have a job that you want, i think you should take a course. so good luck to us!:)

Peanutz
17th August 2007, 10:29
:Hellooo: Peanutz

my wife studied for the IELTS at home , i downloaded a few books and audio tapes/cds off the net :D, and as i work for a company that repairs printers, i printed them out for her.

but the first time she took the IELTS test, she got an average of 6.5 :D but needed a 7 :furious3:, so she revised some more and took it again.. second time she got the 7 she needed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I don't know if you know what Plab tests are ? they are medical exams for non uk and non euro docs to take, allowing them to work in the uk as a doc, if you did know sorry :Rasp:, plab1 test is £150 i think, plab2 is £450, and both have to be taken in london :cwm23:.

but my wifes english was really good to start with, why don't you start a open university course, learn from home in your own time, even while you work :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yeah Joe, I was considering to take an open Uni long distance course too. As I have written to another thread, I am considering to take a GSCE A English level just to brush up my english and hopefully would give me more confidence in speaking the language. There are a lot of choices, the only thing is to study carefully which courses would turn out more usefull in the future. I have read about the ICS courses and that is really a helpful site for those who wants to study staying at home and while you work. Taking the Plab tests is not really that expensive if that will allow your wife to practice her profession as a Doc. I am going to ask for more information about the course that I am interested to do, I am not sure if taking IELTS would be really helpful, it is just a test to determine one's knowledge of english language. I did some online test to determine my english knowledge and in one test I got High Advance Proficiency result and the other one I got Advance Intermediate I don't know what is the difference though lol:icon_lol: I should ask our Forum Teacher Alan!!!

Alan
17th August 2007, 10:51
Peanutz,

There are HUNDREDS of ways that you can take English improvement courses. Incidentally, I teach English up to 'A' Level.

However, in my humble opinion, by far and away the best way to - as you say- 'brush up' on your English is simply by being here!
Although I took thousands of Foreign Language exams - I learned most of my French by living in France - my German by living in Germany etc....

Finally Peanutz, speaking now as a teacher, I would consider your English is at such a good standard already that - unless you want or need formal qualifications - you do not need to invest in any courses.

Your level of English is already infinitely better than a lot of English people I have spoken to!

Good luck,

Al

Peanutz
17th August 2007, 11:33
Peanutz,

There are HUNDREDS of ways that you can take English improvement courses. Incidentally, I teach English up to 'A' Level.

However, in my humble opinion, by far and away the best way to - as you say- 'brush up' on your English is simply by being here!
Although I took thousands of Foreign Language exams - I learned most of my French by living in France - my German by living in Germany etc....

Finally Peanutz, speaking now as a teacher, I would consider your English is at such a good standard already that - unless you want or need formal qualifications - you do not need to invest in any courses.

Your level of English is already infinitely better than a lot of English people I have spoken to!

Good luck,

Al

Thanks Alan, I agree that the best way in learning a foreign language is living in that country where they speak it. I studied French and Spanish for five years but I have not learned anything cause I have not used them after a long time:icon_lol: I am fluent in Italian cause I studied it and I lived in Italy for almost 20 years and my job was doing translations from Italian to Tagalog-Filipino. As what I learned living here in just ten days is, if I would aim for a higher level skilled job then I would need a better knowledge of English. A better understanding of all British burocratic and non mechanism and all that comes with it. I do not need to work right now as my husband can provide for the two of us very efficiently he is a Project Manager, but I do like to work and keep myself busy so my mind will not stay idle, mine is for our future planning just in case if some unexpected things would come along the road. After we have our children and it is time for them to go to school and I am free to get back at work again I won't be doing a non skills job argh! And if we are planning to have a better life for our retirement future I think I need to give my share of it. Yes, I think I will get a degree course or another diploma to have a better qualification that will turn out more useful for me.

Thank you so much for a very helpful advice.:Hellooo:

andypaul
17th August 2007, 20:26
Peanutz,

Good luck,

Al

Many of the fillpinas on here have very good english but sadly the employers will still prefer to see an english qualification on a cv as unless they are very knowlegably on the phillpines its unlikely they will realise that most are taught in english at school.

joebloggs
18th August 2007, 01:45
peanutz, A level english, and i'm sure Alan would correct me if i'm wrong, is no easy exam :NoNo:, nothing wrong with your english, maybe you should spend time on a course or skill which would lead you to a job you want to do..

IELTS like you said is used to grade people by their knowledge of the english language.

what type of work do you want to do?

andypaul
18th August 2007, 09:00
peanutz, A level english, and i'm sure Alan would correct me if i'm wrong, is no easy exam :NoNo:, nothing wrong with your english, maybe you should spend time on a course or skill which would lead you to a job you want to do..

IELTS like you said is used to grade people by their knowledge of the english language.

I will second that the ielts is what Unis, the nhs, and other major employers use as a way of measuring peoples English skills. In fact i think the schools in the UK would find it worth its while to make ALL pupils take it so employers could judge all canditates skills in Reading,writing, listening and speaking English.

hilda_danao
18th August 2007, 22:33
Hi peanuts! After reading all your post, i can say your english language is really good. But remember, employers look at CV first before deciding to interview applicants.

Kuya Allen
19th August 2007, 20:15
Hi Contact me via my email Reilly113@aol.com, let me have copy of your CV (Bio Data ) which will probably needs to be reformated to the UK Format.
I'm a Registered Nurse, I'm a Community Branch Officer for a Health Trade Union called UNISON, I'm well known in the UK Phil Community. Kuya Allen 07801 811 859

Peanutz
23rd August 2007, 09:33

Hi Joe, sorry for this late reply I got so busy! I painted the other room:icon_lol: and I got all sore:icon_lol:not bad to keep myself busy it's just all is a mess here now and I still have not yet finished to put things on their place:icon_lol:

I really want to take an A level in English just for my own satisfaction and I do really think that it might be a good thing for me to achieve it, I know that it will be hard for me since it is not my mother tongue but I will try my best. I went to inform about it and they gave me a pre-assessment test and my result was I am a level 2 and I am eligible to get the GCSE higher tier course. My qualifications are (this is in Italy) I can work in Banks, Manager Company supervisor and a freelance interpreter. But this is my qualifications in Italy, I went for an informative interview in a job agency and the lady told me that I have a very good job skills and she will try to look if there are job offer that would fit my skills, she can't believe that I arrived only twenty days ago and already adventuring to find a job:icon_lol: (still waiting to be called). What I feel is I need to be confident in speaking everyday english and I will only achieve that by working. I will get any kind of job that would help me to practice my english and move for a higher job skills after I gained my english speaking confidence. I was also thinking of getting a Math GCSE :icon_lol: which I think it will be much harder for me since I hate anything whith numbers:icon_lol: Anyway, I am going out to the center again and look for job, maybe I will hunt down every shop and job agencies and give them again my CV. Wish me luck!:Hellooo:

Peanutz
23rd August 2007, 09:34
Hi Contact me via my email Reilly113@aol.com, let me have copy of your CV (Bio Data ) which will probably needs to be reformated to the UK Format.
I'm a Registered Nurse, I'm a Community Branch Officer for a Health Trade Union called UNISON, I'm well known in the UK Phil Community. Kuya Allen 07801 811 859
Kuya Allen is this addressed to me?:D

joebloggs
23rd August 2007, 11:01
:xxgrinning--00xx3: of course good luck from me :xxgrinning--00xx3:
just don't give up, keep learning, you'll have no problems :D

greatking2008
17th January 2008, 14:15

yes you can..but if you work as a Nurse
YOU must be registered in NMC...now that you came from the Philippines you need ONP (Overseas Nurse Program) in order to complete your Registration.
You also have to take ILETS with band 7 points.Once you have your full registration you can find a job.I doubt if you can in NHS...but try in the Nursing home.NHS is on the process of deplacing people,while your not a British Citizen its unlikeley you will be offered a job.From then,try the Private Nursing home.

Mrs.JMajor
19th January 2008, 05:55
Hi Joe, sorry for this late reply I got so busy! I painted the other room:icon_lol: and I got all sore:icon_lol:not bad to keep myself busy it's just all is a mess here now and I still have not yet finished to put things on their place:icon_lol:

I really want to take an A level in English just for my own satisfaction and I do really think that it might be a good thing for me to achieve it, I know that it will be hard for me since it is not my mother tongue but I will try my best. I went to inform about it and they gave me a pre-assessment test and my result was I am a level 2 and I am eligible to get the GCSE higher tier course. My qualifications are (this is in Italy) I can work in Banks, Manager Company supervisor and a freelance interpreter. But this is my qualifications in Italy, I went for an informative interview in a job agency and the lady told me that I have a very good job skills and she will try to look if there are job offer that would fit my skills, she can't believe that I arrived only twenty days ago and already adventuring to find a job:icon_lol: (still waiting to be called). What I feel is I need to be confident in speaking everyday english and I will only achieve that by working. I will get any kind of job that would help me to practice my english and move for a higher job skills after I gained my english speaking confidence. I was also thinking of getting a Math GCSE :icon_lol: which I think it will be much harder for me since I hate anything whith numbers:icon_lol: Anyway, I am going out to the center again and look for job, maybe I will hunt down every shop and job agencies and give them again my CV. Wish me luck!:Hellooo:

i wish u good luck peanutz...and im confident u can have job soon,actually that is our topic of my hubby
..if i can find job easy if i go there,as im doing well here in pi,having business lending w/c i owned for almost 6 years,i saw this thread was made august 2007 and im replying it just now...so i wonder if u had find job now peanutz ( would u like to keep in touch yourself on the forum now?

good luck juliet

greatking2008
20th January 2008, 12:48
You can legally work in th UK in Spouce visa.
If your a Nurse in the Philippines,current regulations must be registered in the NMC.You will be assessed as an overseas nurse,whereby you need a IETLS score of 7 and undergo ONP,that is done by the local universities or privated provider.The NHS is undergoing organizational change where local and overseas nurses were displaced due to Budget Deficits,there are slim chances in getting a job nowadays.
Since you are here,try to gain experiences as a Carer in the Nursing home and when you gain registration maybe you can try to submit an application in the NHS portal,if your lucky to be selected for interview..good and if not try again.But take my advised,its hard to seek employment in teh NHS as a self starter,take my work been here as RGN in the NHS for 8 years.