PDA

View Full Version : West Sussex brit looking for teacher

brit678
12th October 2010, 12:46
Hi - I'm not looking for a date - I'm planning to go to the Philippines next year and want to continue learning tagalog, so I'm looking for a teacher!

I made a lot of filipino friends when I worked abroad recently and came to love the people, the culture and the language - I speak a very little amount and want someone to teach me more!

Please pm if you are in the Sussex or Portsmouth area and you would like to pass on your language - will pay the going rate!

Kate x

dontpushme
16th October 2010, 21:45
Hi Kate! I hope you find a Tagalog teacher. :) Wish I could help, but I'm not even in the UK. If you want to practice with me though, I'll gladly chat with you.

Denise

Arthur Little
16th October 2010, 23:43
Hi - I'm not looking for a date - I'm planning to go to the Philippines next year and want to continue learning tagalog, so I'm looking for a teacher!

Kate ... I'd been going to say, you've come up with a pretty "tall order" ! But I see you already have a willing volunteer to help you practice [online] in Denise! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:welcomex: to the filipino/uk forum, goodluck and enjoy.

Hi Kate! I hope you find a Tagalog teacher. :) Wish I could help, but I'm not even in the UK. If you want to practice with me though, I'll gladly chat with you.

Denise

Arthur Little
17th October 2010, 00:06
Denise ... :thankyou: for your kind offer of help and support to Kate.

dontpushme
17th October 2010, 00:18
Denise ... :thankyou: for your kind offer of help and support to Kate.

No problem. :) I'm always glad to help.

dontpushme
17th October 2010, 06:24
Oops! I forgot to mention that if Kate understood the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet), I'd be able to help her with pronunciation too.

brit678
22nd October 2010, 16:27
Hi! Sorry I haven't checked back in quite a few days!

Thank you so much for your kind offer Denise :), I'll pm you for details - that'd be great.

I'm still looking for any local takers - Portsmouth / Horsham perhaps?

Thanks for the welcome Arthur x :Wave:

Arthur Little
22nd October 2010, 16:53
... always glad to help.

:icon_lol: ... reminds me of a part-time job I had in 'Customer Relations' at a local supermarket after retiring from full-time work. Emblazoned thus - in bold lettering, on a large yellow circular disc affixed to the left lapel of my maroon "uniform" jacket - were the words:

ARTHUR

Always Happy To Help

And so I was!

purple
22nd October 2010, 17:12
Hi Kate,

It would have been nice to teach you since I will be moving to Worthing later or early next year. I will be glad of service. But if you will come to Philippines sooner I will be glad to show you around and offer you my humble home for stay if you are not picky when it comes to accommodation.

Rohany Sexton

brit678
23rd October 2010, 16:48
Hi Rohany, are you going to be nursing in Worthing? I know they have a little filipino community there - I hope you enjoy it - let me know when you are there and thank you for your very kind invitation.

Kate x

purple
23rd October 2010, 17:13
Hi Kate,

I will be going to Worthing to get pregnant :) and hopefully raise three children with my husband who is currently a senior lecturer at Uni Portsmouth then after 3 - 4 years move back here in the Philippines just right in time he finishes his PhD.
We can chat if you want so you can learn tagalog or maybe bisaya which is both widely spoken.

Rohany x

Arthur Little
23rd October 2010, 19:28
Rohany x

Rohany? ... I thought your name was Honey! :rolleyes: Wait a mo', though ... I "get" it now ... Honey is a derivation of Rohany! Silly me! :crazy:

brit678
27th October 2010, 20:42
Rohany, I hope you have success over here! Worthing is a very nice place to raise a family, I went to a school there called Our Lady of Sion and I recognise your surname as there is a connection of course - what a small world!

As I said, they have a filipino community there that you could contact though the local government - I'm too shy to be that pushy!

I'm interested in tagalog, I know a little amount and keep practising to myself, confused friends and filipino friends on facebook! But it's not the same as face-to-face!

Kate x

chrycefilipinou
28th November 2010, 18:02
Hi everyone, kate perhaps i can be of help too, even just a little help perhaps...

Im not currently in UK though, but im planning to work there...

You can PM me if you think i can be of help. Mabuhay ang Pilipino, mabuhay tayong lahat!

purple
29th November 2010, 11:07
I recognise your surname as there is a connection of course - what a small world!

Hi Kate,

I don't get it when you said there is a connection.

We can do it in Skype if you want to learn Tagalog. It will be easier and free. I am online 9pm-6am because that is my work hours.

Add me on facebook so we can message.

Take care and God bless.

Rohany x