PDA

View Full Version : Connecting with others in the UK

Rosie1958
9th October 2010, 08:08
There are often new threads being posted about newly arrived Filipinas/ couples in different parts of the UK wanting to meet others in the same area.

I’m quite new to this site so apologies if this has been suggested before but I wonder if it would be a good idea to set up a section dedicated specifically to this so that new and existing members could easily find others in their own areas. For example, the section could be called UK Meeting Point and there could be a thread posted for each different county to make it easier to find others. Just an idea ..... what does everyone else think, or is this just old hat? :coucouchapeau:

RickyR
9th October 2010, 09:41
Sounds good. To be honest, Filipino/Filipina communities exist in most major towns and cities in the UK, and they tend to all find each other pretty quickly. This is in exactly the same way as us British Ex-Pats establish our expat communities in other countries.

rusty
9th October 2010, 09:47
In the members extras section there is a members map section where you are able to see if there are any members near :xxgrinning--00xx3:, but not many have added themselves :doh

http://filipinaroses.com/vbgooglemapme.php

KeithD
9th October 2010, 09:50
...and I need to fix the XML bug ;)

stevewool
9th October 2010, 09:52
a very good idea there , there are not many i think in derby where it would be nice to meet , but then again most have cars or other ways of transport,i for one would welcome any meeting anywhere with others:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
9th October 2010, 10:20
i for one would welcome any meeting anywhere with others:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'll meet you on the dark side of the moon steve :xxaction-smiley-047

Rosie1958
9th October 2010, 10:31
In the members extras section there is a members map section where you are able to see if there are any members near :xxgrinning--00xx3:, but not many have added themselves :doh

http://filipinaroses.com/vbgooglemapme.php

Must admit, I didn't see this and wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't mentioned it since it is tucked away. As you say, there are very few people that have registered on the map so perhaps a good way to supplement this would be to have a specific section and in that, social meeting events could be announced too. Would just make it easier for folk to find events and others in their area on the website ....... What do you think Keith?

forester
9th October 2010, 10:48
I know of a community group in Glasgow called filglas which provides good social links in the glasgow and surrounding area

somebody
9th October 2010, 17:43
Must admit, I didn't see this and wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't mentioned it since it is tucked away. As you say, there are very few people that have registered on the map so perhaps a good way to supplement this would be to have a specific section and in that, social meeting events could be announced too. Would just make it easier for folk to find events and others in their area on the website ....... What do you think Keith?

Good Idea Rosie as many newcomers to the UK, well come to think of it many Brits dont realise how near or far some places are in reality when looking at a map.
For example two members on one side of London or another major city maybe far nearer than two across a city but then again. Where people live work and actually go in their spare time can vary. A Couple who visit family or a holiday home in Grimsby every few weeks/months but live in London a bit hard to put that all on a map or in the profile details..

stevewool
9th October 2010, 17:57
I'll meet you on the dark side of the moon steve :xxaction-smiley-047

wow steve is this a little pink floyd coming out or is it better meeting in the dark:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Steve.r
9th October 2010, 19:00
wow steve is this a little pink floyd coming out or is it better meeting in the dark:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

No reference to Floyd, just better in the dark mate :cwm24:

dontpushme
14th October 2010, 05:37
No reference to Floyd, just better in the dark mate :cwm24:

:laugher: Thanks for that one last laugh before bedtime!:D Hahahaha!