PDA

View Full Version : Norman Wisdom

laurel
4th October 2010, 22:41
Aaah sad news Norman Wisdom passed away ...............loved his comedy as a kid growing up.
95 yrs of age ...he leaves a wonderful legacy of simple pure slapstick humour:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
4th October 2010, 22:46
sad news indeed
a true comedy genius

bornatbirth
i watched most of his movies as a kid :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mr grimsdale :icon_lol:

Steve.r
Mr GRIMSDALE !!!!!!! What a star, such a shame to lose a genuine Britsh comedy hero. I too grew up watching his wonderful films.

RIP Norman

KeithD
4th October 2010, 23:06
Well he was still at it all his life .... just the same in real life as he was in his films :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
5th October 2010, 00:15
Sorry to hear this news.........he had a good run

stevewool
5th October 2010, 08:40
he did a great age that i wish i had that time left i would be happy but a great man and actor and comedian too

Terpe
5th October 2010, 08:45
I just saw this on the news.
Personally, I found him a very funny man.
Seems he had a very interesting life, although in recent years I heard he suffered from
some form of Alzheimer. They mentioned that at the outset of this he knew what was happening... but typically made fun of himself (even he knew at some time he would be unable to)
Sad

joebloggs
5th October 2010, 10:56
yes he was up there with stan and ollie :rolleyes:

alanmf1
5th October 2010, 11:16
RIP.. A True comedy Legend!

Anakin
5th October 2010, 11:48
A sad loss. A comedy great.
back in the late 80s I was with a mate walking down Deal High Street in Kent when we saw Norman coming in the opposite direction. My pal had just purchased a birthday card for his brother and asked Norman to put in it "have a lovely day from Norman Wisdom." He happily signed it and my friend's brother was over the moon! Good old Norman :D
Needless to say my friend had to go and buy another card from him though!

mickcant
5th October 2010, 13:48
A good man,Good funny family films, I saw most I think:xxgrinning--00xx3:
RIP Norman.
Mick.:olddude:

les_taxi
5th October 2010, 14:46
Agree with all the sentiments on here he was one of the greats of the past,very few left now :(

laurel
5th October 2010, 17:41
yes he was up there with stan and ollie :rolleyes:

Totally agree...loved those guys as well. I know times move on and change , but one thing that i notice is the likes of Norman Wisdom , Laurel and Hardy , and others of that ilk, were funny men they made you laugh by being funny, good clean fun......today thats a rare thing .

joebloggs
5th October 2010, 19:49
and who can forget Will Hay :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGbynSGH-8s&feature=related

junior02
5th October 2010, 20:23
Aaah sad news Norman Wisdom passed away ...............loved his comedy as a kid growing up.
95 yrs of age ...he leaves a wonderful legacy of simple pure slapstick humour:xxgrinning--00xx3:

good old slapstick humour, you wont get anybody as good as norman, or some others like benny hill, and also all the good old shows and films like carryon films, steptoe and son and on the buses, some of my favorites.

Baliw99
5th October 2010, 23:00
What a great loss to British comedy, may he make as many people laugh in heaven as he did on earth.
RIP

Terpe
6th October 2010, 07:31
Norman Wisdom was also a very good singer.
Anyone remember his hit song 'Don't Laugh At Me, cos I'm A Fool'
I think he wrote it himself.

mikey73
6th October 2010, 08:14
Norman Wisdom was also a very good singer.
Anyone remember his hit song 'Don't Laugh At Me, cos I'm A Fool'
I think he wrote it himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbwS9qcpi0k

Terpe
6th October 2010, 08:31
:yikes: mikey73, just watched the vid. I must be getting bloody old to remember that:cwm3:

mikey73
6th October 2010, 08:32
:yikes: mikey73, just watched the vid. I must be getting bloody old to remember that:cwm3:

i remember when growing up that all his films where always on the tv. was soooooooooo funny

Terpe
6th October 2010, 08:35
i remember when growing up that all his films where always on the tv. was soooooooooo funny

I hope some of his films will get a showing on TV:icon_lol:
Mr Grimsadle!!! MR GRIMSDALE!! :icon_lol::icon_lol: