PDA

View Full Version : Tory/Dem Government Benefits/Welfare State Cuts!

RickyR
4th October 2010, 18:30
What do you think about the new cuts to the Welfare State?

I personally think it's fair and well done.

Dedworth
4th October 2010, 18:38
I'd like to see a more hardline approach to some of these cases that are constantly making the headlines - how about this for starters

Mandatory minimum 3 years imprisonment for cheats/false claimants in cases involving more than £5000, maximum 4 bedroomed social housing at area average rent less 20% for claimants with 4 or more children, asylum seekers to be detained in ex military camps no payments but fed and clothed until their cases are decided.

bornatbirth
4th October 2010, 19:54
are you two tory boys :Erm:

im surprised that a tory goverment as made cuts to its middle class voters, lets wait and see what else they do :Erm:

RickyR
4th October 2010, 19:59
To be honest the cuts seem sensible. Why should someone who is a high earner need to be issued child allowances; the whole idea of it being for all is just pyschological, because your paying more tax to claim it back! Then the next point about a cap on the amount of benefits available so that it doesn't exceed the average earnings, well yes of course.
Then again, I don't pay tax, and haven't done for many years. Many of my friends only pay 12% tax despite being high earners, because they just pay themselves in dividends! So many loopholes, that all need to be sewn up.

bornatbirth
4th October 2010, 20:06
can a goverment makes tax cuts with out making it self unpopular, it can try and my hat will go off to cameron for making it work but i still see the poor getting it worse.

as for not paying tax, you cheeky monkey :icon_lol:

joebloggs
4th October 2010, 20:08
if you've paid taxes you should be able to claim it :D

joebloggs
4th October 2010, 20:10
Then again, I don't pay tax, and haven't done for many years. Many of my friends only pay 12% tax despite being high earners, because they just pay themselves in dividends! So many loopholes, that all need to be sewn up.

then you shouldn't be able to claim it :D
you pay in, you take out .. simple :rolleyes:

KeithD
4th October 2010, 20:30
Dividends eh? Never heard of them :rolleyes:

Dedworth
4th October 2010, 20:34
then you shouldn't be able to claim it :D
you pay in, you take out .. simple :rolleyes:

Even with dividends I pay in quite a lot but there's a lot I can't take out 'cos I'm not eligible - I can't see the logic in why higher earners were allowed these benefits in the first place. I object to the huge sums being lavished on dysfunctional families with feckless fathers. This is the way to deal with them

America shows Britain how to deal with feckless fathers: Dad of 23 children by 14 women is JAILED for not paying child support

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1316203/US-shows-UK-Father-Howard-Veal-jailed-paying-child-support.html#ixzz11Q81dZhj

stevewool
4th October 2010, 22:27
i think its fair and about time it came in too:)

Terpe
5th October 2010, 07:43
With the financial pressures we have I think this is fair.
I can understand how many people have put forward views that do show areas of potential unfairness. But, personally I think the way this has been done is simple, easy to understand and more importantly will not require the govt to spend more money on means testing, verifications and monitoring.

This could be the gateway to remove other universal benefits such a free bus passes and winter fuel allowances. At some point you have to question why higher rate taxpayers would need these kinds of support programs anyway.

We must just wait for the next episode

stevewool
5th October 2010, 08:34
i dont intend to be here for my bus pass and winter fuel in a few years time , but like many say after a certain amount of income into a household who needs a extra little from the goverment to go into the bank , a tuff one to sort out but it will be done

Terpe
5th October 2010, 08:40
i dont intend to be here for my bus pass and winter fuel in a few years time ...
I had planned that I would retire to Phils when I reached 55:NoNo:
But life threw some stuff at me and I needed to change that plan.:doh
Steve, are you thinking to go to Phils before they take away your bus pass?:icon_lol:

KeithD
5th October 2010, 10:00
i dont intend to be here for my bus pass and winter fuel in a few years time.....
I can get you a good deal on a gravestone :Erm: :yikes:

joebloggs
5th October 2010, 13:21
how many of you who voted yes, have kids under 16 and receive child benefit ?

looks like i'm the only one :icon_lol:, i hope you lot dont change your mind if your wife gets a bun in the oven :D

bornatbirth
5th October 2010, 23:59
if i get a job earning more than £44,000 i won't be that bothered :D