PDA

View Full Version : Coca Cola ditch "disgusting" Rooney from ad campaign

Dedworth
4th October 2010, 09:26
Coca-Cola has scrapped plans to feature Wayne Rooney’s face on the side of millions of cans after its bosses in America branded him ‘disgusting’ for allegedly sleeping with prostitutes while his wife was pregnant.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1317323/Coca-Cola-axe-Wayne-Rooney-new-ad-campaign.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz11NPKkxfn

That will cost him a bit :icon_lol:

I quite like Coke Zero and certainly wouldn't have bought it if Shrek's ugly mug was grinning at me from the side of the can

purple
4th October 2010, 10:40
It is a good thing that wholesome and family oriented company such Coca-cola is concerned with the image of their endorsers. I think it is relevant to be wholesome and practice sense of decency, specially knowing that his wife was pregnant whilst Rooney was sleeping with other women ie. prostitutes. That should teach some of these men some lessons in life. It should be the same for the rest of the men or women out there too.

KeithD
4th October 2010, 10:55
I quite like Coke Zero and certainly wouldn't have bought it if Shrek's ugly mug was grinning at me from the side of the can
That's not a nice thing to say about another member :D

purple
4th October 2010, 11:00
I agree... but maybe he was referring to the Shrek character as it lacks the number 48 of our fellow member here =)

bornatbirth
4th October 2010, 11:17
you would all do the same if you had his money :do_it: :Erm:

purple
4th October 2010, 11:30

i don't think so bornatbirth, there so many ways of spending money like helping less fortunate keep to their feet either by charity or livelihood program, if one feels philanthropic but if not, travel the world and make his wife even more happy :)

KeithD
4th October 2010, 11:30
Why? You can get the same if you give a girl a pint of Stella on the Dock Road in Liverpool :Rasp:

bornatbirth
4th October 2010, 11:34
i don't think so bornatbirth, there so many ways of spending money like helping less fortunate keep to their feet either by charity or livelihood program, if one feels philanthropic but if not, travel the world and make his wife even more happy :)

i think so :D, so if i had millions of pounds the first thing i would do is help the poor :Erm:

anyway its the only way rooney will score :D

bornatbirth
4th October 2010, 11:35
Why? You can get the same if you give a girl a pint of Stella on the Dock Road in Liverpool :Rasp:

thats not a girl :action-smiley-081:

KeithD
4th October 2010, 11:38
thats not a girl :action-smiley-081:
So that's where we find you on a Friday night is it? :yikes:

bornatbirth
4th October 2010, 11:43
im a very cheap date :icon_lol:

joebloggs
4th October 2010, 13:13
:icon_lol: like rooney will miss the money :laugher:

Dedworth
4th October 2010, 13:31
:icon_lol: like rooney will miss the money :laugher:

The bigger they are the harder they fall. His form over the last 6 months wouldn't get him in my pub team, Coleen launches a Ray Parlour type divorce action, he's already fagging it and pissing in the street, isn't the sharpest tool in the box, step forward the next Paul Gascoigne :D

bornatbirth
4th October 2010, 14:05
jt is worse employing expensive lawyers to shut people up and trying to sweep it all under the carpet, even is wife as forgiven him :crazy:, i wonder how much he gave to max clifford :Erm:

Dedworth
4th October 2010, 15:35
jt is worse employing expensive lawyers to shut people up and trying to sweep it all under the carpet, even is wife as forgiven him :crazy:, i wonder how much he gave to max clifford :Erm:

It just goes to show that when the grey cells were dished out JT was blessed with a few more than Fat Boy.

Although morally indefensible Terry had his dalliance with the ex girlfriend of Bridge not some cheap strumpet who was probably the 2009 Xmas Spit Roast for the Man City Reserve Squad.

mickcant
4th October 2010, 18:15
I have no pity for "Wayne Rooney" server him :censored: right:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:crazy:

Languish
8th October 2010, 13:34

Definitely not :rolleyes:

Dedworth
8th October 2010, 13:43
His team mates are calling him names now :icon_lol:

MAN Utd's Federico Macheda stunned team-mate Wayne Rooney yesterday by branding him a "chav".

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3170687/Wayne-Rooney-called-a-chav-by-Federico-Macheda.html#ixzz11lqDyocn

I guess Fat Boy will give him a serious clump when they're both back at Man Utd

Languish
8th October 2010, 13:45
He started his career brightly but he has been declining a lot lately. I don't think he ever really had the maturity to deal with life in this way. Certainly not a life over-loaded with money and fame. I remember when he was in Everton... seemed like a focus and well-grounded lad at that time.

Dedworth
8th October 2010, 13:48
He started his career brightly but he has been declining a lot lately. I don't think he ever really had the maturity to deal with life in this way. Certainly not a life over-loaded with money and fame. I remember when he was in Everton... seemed like a focus and well-grounded lad at that time.

It was about that time he was giving the old granny a seeing to at the Croxteth Sauna Suite :yikes:

bornatbirth
8th October 2010, 13:50
I guess Fat Boy will give him a serious clump when they're both back at Man Utd

i doubt it, he looks like one himself :icon_lol: