PDA

View Full Version : Globe's prepaid Blackberry service

somebody
3rd October 2010, 23:30
Anyone else use it out there. The Wifes Lill sister has been using and although hardly a bargin very handy for 1200 pesos for email, im, facebook and twitter:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I belive smart have a similar service but from reading comments on blackberry forums from phill users the Globe seemed to be preferred by many and the WIfes sister is on Globe so saved changing number.

Maybe handy for those who have a old unlocked balackberry as basically all the everyday communication methods are covered. Of course handy for those travelling over from the UK who need email access etc..

http://site.globe.com.ph/prepaid_services/blackberry_prepaid?sid=TKj-RcuxpRYAAAv2AE8AAAARe

Some people have found the usual using a phill company frustrations but seems to have worked ok for the Wifes lill Sis..

Please note it does involved accessing the site below and understanding service books imei, pin and battery pulls but nothing to complicated..
I would advise trying a 1 day access first just to ensure no major issues..

http://globe.blackberry.com/

Languish
14th October 2010, 08:50
I'm collecting mine in November :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
16th October 2010, 17:05
Good stuff:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know you can buy a entry level Blackberry with the prepaid service already set up for a month although quite expensive it maybe handy for those who need a good communications device which fits in a pocket handbag.

Both the Wifes Sis and Bro are being Blackberried as it provides all the basics they normally need to go into a webcafe if studying/working away from home....

The normal internet you pay extra for, but blackberry messenger (http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-guides/the-definitive-guide-to-blackberry-messenger-882787/), many of the most popular IM's, twitter and Facebook are available. Very very useful for those who find a laptop or PC not convenient for what ever reason.
The important thing to notice is the Blackberry is optimised to work with GPRS using special servers which compress the data. This can be very handy for various reasons including battery life and ensuring the data ie your emails or messages get though:)

Also with out getting into one phone is better than another ask any young person in the UK what phone they would like and your be surprised how many would opt for a BB, of course "blinged out" as they are the best communicators as thats what they are designed for..

Dakila
19th October 2010, 17:05
My friends in MNL use it too and it's just soo handy and easier to stay in touch now :). We use WhatsApp and MSN usually.

Talim
22nd October 2010, 06:15
What is the cost of device ? any downpayment ? or all just include in monthly fee?

The monthly fee is 1'200 P, or only the internet connection with device?

somebody
31st October 2010, 18:27
What is the cost of device ? any downpayment ? or all just include in monthly fee?

The monthly fee is 1'200 P, or only the internet connection with device?

Hi Sorry just seen your reply the 1200 is just for the blackberry service, Calls n texts are extra and the cost of a device varies from free if you already have to the price Globe sell the phones at I noticed the link I had now goes to a new Page with details on several different models. From a quick glance there seemed to be a few different options.

somebody
31st October 2010, 18:32
My friends in MNL use it too and it's just soo handy and easier to stay in touch now :). We use WhatsApp and MSN usually.

Yeah the Wifey finds the same with her bbed up friends n family back in the phills whatsapp is real good too:xxgrinning--00xx3: