PDA

View Full Version : visa

denehazel
3rd March 2007, 21:29
im getting married in the philippines later this year.i can only go for 3 weeks because of work commitments.is this enought time to get married and get my wife a visa to enter the uk?what is the best visa for her to apply for?hope someone can help.

aromulus
3rd March 2007, 21:49
HI there,

3 weeks is plenty of time to apply for Marriage Licence and getting married. It is only 10 working days wait for the paperwork.

I did go at the beginning of February, for 3 weeks. Applied for licence on the 5th, and got it 10 days later, married on the 19th. A few days honeymoon, and then back to cold Britain....
As per waiting there for the visa............. Well that's another story. I am very much in doubt wether you will be able to get it within that time span. More like a couple of months.
I think that the other forumers will agree with me on that one. 1 month is the shortest time I heard of. I might be wrong of course, and in that case I will stand corrected.
All the best of luck, and congratulations on your wedding.

Dom

andypaul
3rd March 2007, 22:11
You can get married in the three weeks if you plan it well but like aromulus writes its unlikely you would get the visa processed in this time.

Times of processing vary but as you will see as you read though other peple experience not many couples have everything run smoothly due to the fact so many parties are involved. Luck as well as a lot of reserch, planning and hardwork play a part

Also have you all the other paperwok and evidence you need to supply ready and up to date?

My Wife and I tried to ensure we were together as quickly as possible but it still took months to sort all the paperworks attend the cfo, the embassy for the updated cni, arranging the wedding, sorting paperwork etc etc.

From someone who has been there before i would advise a little patience which i know is really hard when you are both seperated.

IainBusby
5th March 2007, 12:54
You can get married in the three weeks if you plan it well but like aromulus writes its unlikely you would get the visa processed in this time.

If you straight to the British Embassy on the day you arrive, present your C.O.N.I., pay your money and get the local version of the C.O.N.I. , then go to the province where you intent to marry and apply for marriage licence, you could be married in about 12 to 14 days. But visa's, thats another matter altogether.