PDA

View Full Version : Scammer message

aromulus
3rd March 2007, 16:32
mary99 (http://filipinaroses.com/member.php?u=536) http://filipinaroses.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
Registered Users
Rep Power: 0 http://filipinaroses.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

Dearest one
Dearest one
E_mail marry33004@yahoo.com

I am Miss. Mary Williams, I am 21years old and a Sierra Leonean, the daughter of Late Chief Williams A. Beckrey of the blessed memory.

My late father was the Director General of Sierra Leonean Gold & Diamond Corporation. My father was killed along with my two Elder brothers in our Freetown residence while I was away.

They were assassinated by rebels led by Major Johnny Paul Koromah because my family never supported the way Major Johnny Paul Koromah and his splinter group overthrew our legitimate President,Ahmed Tejan Kabbah and forced him to exile.

After the assassination of my father and brothers, when the African Peace Keeping Forces(ECOMOG) soldiers were in control of my village "Mende", I left my hideout in my village. When I was searching for some information in our family villa, I found the key of my father's underground strong room and discovered some documents also notes that he made a deposited of one metallic box containing(US$17,000,000.00)US Dollars in a private security company and he deposited it as family valuables not as money for security reasons best known to him.

Meanwhile, I made an arrangement with a fisherman that operates a fishing trawller boat who smuggled me out through West African coast water way to Abidjan, Côte D’Ivoire, and I have search for the security company and they told me that my late father family valuables is still with them, I now decieded to look for a trustworthy and reliable foreign partner who will assist me to move this money to his country or any place of his choice for investment.I suggest offering you (15%) of the total money if you will assist me to have this transaction done.

(1) You will help me provide a lucrative business where this money will be wisely invested?.

(2) To help me to secure a permanent residence permit as I would love to spend the rest of my life doing business overseas.

Meanwhile, I want to leave Côte d’Ivoire entirely with this money for investment in your country because of the unstable political situation and mostly for the future of my life. I want you to please assist me to claim the box from the security company here in abidjan. Because of the political problem here, all the information needed will be given to you on request.

Note: that your urgent assistance is needed to facilitate this transaction.

For confidential purpose, you should handle this transaction with utmost secrecy and confidentiality which it demands.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks and awaiting your urgent response.
God bless you. please contact me through mey privete email for more details ok marry33004@yahoo.com

Sincerely,
Mary williams.

I got that months ago, but never checked the message box, until today, as I was changing some details on my profile.
So, if anybody would like to help the damsell in distress, before admin uses the ban button, please be my guest....

KeithD
3rd March 2007, 18:07
..... (http://filipinaroses.com/member.php?u=536) before admin uses the ban button, please be my guest....
Which admin, I've only banned one person in the last 6 months? :Erm: .....and I get over 100 of these emails per day, over 1000 spam altogether, if anyone is stupid enough to fall for it, they deserve it! :rolleyes:

joebloggs
4th March 2007, 12:07
Which admin, I've only banned one person in the last 6 months? :Erm: .....and I get over 100 of these emails per day, over 1000 spam altogether, if anyone is stupid enough to fall for it, they deserve it! :rolleyes:

:Hellooo:

did she not leave her telephone number, or what my cut of the money would be if i helped :Erm:

:REGamblMoney01HL1: :REGamblMoney01HL1: :REGamblMoney01HL1:

:Rasp: :icon_lol: :Cuckoo: :REDancedancer08: :smileybigtmouth:

KeithD
4th March 2007, 12:36
Typical Manc....would finger doggy poop just to get a penny :rolleyes:

walesrob
4th March 2007, 12:49
Typical Manc....would finger doggy poop just to get a penny :rolleyes:

Ladies, you shouldn't play so dirty :icon_lol::icon_lol: Calm down soft lad alright there la. :D

joebloggs
4th March 2007, 13:00
Ladies, you shouldn't play so dirty :icon_lol::icon_lol: Calm down soft lad alright there la. :D

yes i would, at least its a clean living, rather than touch the dirty dollar :action-smiley-081:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
4th March 2007, 14:28
We're not the one who have been sticking Mr WeeWee in Dolly :xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
4th March 2007, 14:36
We're not the one who have been sticking Mr WeeWee in Dolly :xxgrinning--00xx3:

See now, your talking like a child :xxgrinning--00xx3: We worry about you Mr Admin :Rasp:

scotsfiancee
28th April 2007, 18:20
I've got a PM from a scammer today:
I AM SEEKING FOR YOUR URGENT ATTENTION TO HELP ME TRANSFER THE THIS

YOURS SWEET HEART,
CYNTHIAN DAVID

Who the hell are u?:furious3:

andypaul
28th April 2007, 18:33
A load of us recieved pm's a while back it seems people try it every now and then. Why do they waste their time grrr.

andypaul
28th April 2007, 19:07
Ive been blessed with one now thanks i will send of the deeds of my house and all my bank account details now.

KeithD
28th April 2007, 19:30
I've plugged that loop-hole.....won't happen again. Sorry about that. These buggers find all kinds of security holes.

I can clear all PM's , but then folk will lose important ones, so I'll just hope no one sends all there money to ScamLand.

joebloggs
28th April 2007, 20:09
I've plugged that loop-hole.....won't happen again. Sorry about that. These buggers find all kinds of security holes.

I can clear all PM's , but then folk will lose important ones, so I'll just hope no one sends all there money to ScamLand.

you mean scouseland :omg: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

'sweet heart' from a guy, sounds a bit :action-smiley-081: to me...

someone i work with, his g/f credit card has just been cloned, and they spent £2000 on the card in less than a month.

also in dcec/jan my credit card was used online in taiwan, but barclay card managed to freeze it, funny thou, they only blocked the card becuase someone made 3 transactions one at $1, another at $7 and one at $12, but they allowed the 2 * $30 usd ones a week earlier, they told me they only blocked the card becuase the low amounts were suspicous. but if they were more they would hae allowed them :NoNo:

rbs use to send me a text to my mobile every time me creditcard was used :xxgrinning--00xx3: , but for some reason they stopped :Erm:

so like me , pay cash :REGamblMoney01HL1:

andypaul
28th April 2007, 20:27
you mean scouseland :omg: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

'sweet heart' from a guy, sounds a bit :action-smiley-081: to me...

someone i work with, his g/f credit card has just been cloned, and they spent £2000 on the card in less than a month.

also in dcec/jan my credit card was used online in taiwan, but barclay card managed to freeze it, funny thou, they only blocked the card becuase someone made 3 transactions one at $1, another at $7 and one at $12, but they allowed the 2 * $30 usd ones a week earlier, they told me they only blocked the card becuase the low amounts were suspicous. but if they were more they would hae allowed them :NoNo:

rbs use to send me a text to my mobile every time me creditcard was used :xxgrinning--00xx3: , but for some reason they stopped :Erm:

so like me , pay cash :REGamblMoney01HL1:

The text idea sounds like a good one, would happily pay the cost of the text as I know how bad it is to have a card cloned and yes it can happen even if you are pretty dam careful.

andypaul
28th April 2007, 20:28

Wow on the ball Mr Admin:xxgrinning--00xx3: I was so shocked to get a pm i thought it must be a scammer, its like at home nearly all the post for me is bills or junk mail:furious3:

KeithD
28th April 2007, 21:42
So we all send you "I luv u" PM's now then? :)

andypaul
28th April 2007, 21:52
So we all send you "I luv u" PM's now then? :)

As long as you dont send me a bill via pm im not fussed Mr Admin sir

joebloggs
29th April 2007, 09:36
The text idea sounds like a good one, would happily pay the cost of the text as I know how bad it is to have a card cloned and yes it can happen even if you are pretty dam careful.

rbs paid for the txt, it was a trial scheme, iam sure it must have saved them :REGamblMoney01HL1: , anyone who cloned my card, would have been able to use it once or twice at the most, as the texts were pretty instant, and it had a number to call if i didnt just use my card.

whats worrying i had not used the barclaycard for at least 6 months, yet someone in taiwan got hold of the details.:omg:

andypaul
29th April 2007, 12:19
rbs paid for the txt, it was a trial scheme, iam sure it must have saved them :REGamblMoney01HL1: , anyone who cloned my card, would have been able to use it once or twice at the most, as the texts were pretty instant, and it had a number to call if i didnt just use my card.

whats worrying i had not used the barclaycard for at least 6 months, yet someone in taiwan got hold of the details.:omg:

I was reading in pc pro magazine this month about how huge batchs of cc data are bought and sold. Look at the tk max scandal last month and wheres the call centre, data warehouse of barclays based? (maybe uk for all i know).

The prepaid cc/dc is looking more tempting everyday just to stop these sorts of problems happening to the Wife and I.

KeithD
29th April 2007, 13:21
They usually guess the CC/Debit card details, using forced hacking software that does it non-stop across 1000's of sites. I had the business card done this way, but the bank picked it up before it went through.

Then when I was in the USA the other month, Smile stopped access to my card, as some foreigner was taking money out in Orlando.....that'll be me then!!! Took a few days for them to put it back as active!!!

walesrob
29th April 2007, 13:25
The prepaid cc/dc is looking more tempting everyday just to stop these sorts of problems happening to the Wife and I.

I'm using one now (lastminute Maestro), the only downside to these is that the card issuer will charge a commission on every card transaction, so for example a purchase of £10 will set you back 6p. When I go back to Manila next month, I will be using my prepaid debit card all the time, as Maestro is the biggest ATM and debit card payment in the Philippines.

Somehow I feel safer knowing that if the prepaid card gets stolen, theres only so much money in there, rather risking the whole balance on my normal debit card or credit card.

joebloggs
29th April 2007, 14:49
why we that worried, when you get your statement, tell your credit card company its been used fraudently, and claim it back, yes its hassle, but as long as you dont pay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

only way is to use biometric methods, and text method to catch them little :censored:

walesrob
29th April 2007, 14:56
why we that worried, when you get your statement, tell your credit card company its been used fraudently, and claim it back, yes its hassle, but as long as you dont pay :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not much use though if your in Manila and some thief has just emptied your debit/credit card and the ATM says "no" or if the hotel bill can't be paid because the "computer says no".:Erm:

Keith makes a good point about using cards abroad; tell your card issuer your going on holiday, and they'll lift any blocks. Some guy from Barclaycard once told me theres a lot of card fraud in Far East.

andypaul
29th April 2007, 15:04

only way is to use biometric methods, and text method to catch them little :censored:

At the moment most banks and credit card companies will pay out but recently the law changed so banks now deal with it in house you dont report it to the police. I can soon see it being a case of prove its not you. Ok if the withdrawal happens 8000 miles away you can show your passport etc. But if its cloned localy and used in the uk it may get a lot tougher in the near future to claim the money back.

The emphasis im told has changed when a signature was used it was the banks problem but some people have mentioned that now with chip n pin if you read the small print on some cards its know only to you and your fault if disclosed to others. I know that sounds crazy but the banks will try it on if they can as we all know.

tiger@tigress
30th April 2007, 02:40
:Brick: Got the same email :Brick: