PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee visa

thedug
3rd March 2007, 01:08
Hi everyone.
This is my first post on the forum and Im looking for some help and advice. I was given the site address from stuart of "stuart_donnlyn" ! Congratualtions to you both by the way as you'll now be husband and wife. And thanks to Stuart for giving me this website address.

My fiancee is in Manila just now but we have booked our wedding for July 7th this year in Scotland. She was over here from June-Sept last year and we are planning for her to return in May (hopefully around May 10th) so we can complete the finishing touches to our wedding arrangements. So I have 2 questions that I need help with:
1. When should we submit the application for her visa bearing in mind our travel plans (I was planning for us to do it on March 21st - I get an annual bonus on March 20th and my bank account will look even better than it is just now. It looks OK just now cos Ive been saving each month but on March 20th it will be better)

2. What documents should I supply?
The stuff I have got together is as follows, please let me know of anything else that anyone can think of (or if there's anything here that I should take out then also let me know):

6 months bank statements
P60
6 months payslips
SMS records
photos of us together
mortgage statement
birth certificate
passport
skype call records
phone bill
church booking for wedding
copy of contract from band for wedding
engagement ring receipt
receipts from money transfers (western union etc.)
letter of intention

Thanks for your help,
David.

thedug
10th March 2007, 00:36
Can someone please reply as I would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks

Blueberry
10th March 2007, 00:57
Hi Thedug,
welcome to the forum and congrats that ure getting married,It look's as you have everything in order to submit your application.Now the waiting game :) best wishes and good luck!!!

joebloggs
10th March 2007, 03:21
Hi everyone.
This is my first post on the forum and Im looking for some help and advice. I was given the site address from stuart of "stuart_donnlyn" ! Congratualtions to you both by the way as you'll now be husband and wife. And thanks to Stuart for giving me this website address.

My fiancee is in Manila just now but we have booked our wedding for July 7th this year in Scotland. She was over here from June-Sept last year and we are planning for her to return in May (hopefully around May 10th) so we can complete the finishing touches to our wedding arrangements. So I have 2 questions that I need help with:
1. When should we submit the application for her visa bearing in mind our travel plans (I was planning for us to do it on March 21st - I get an annual bonus on March 20th and my bank account will look even better than it is just now. It looks OK just now cos Ive been saving each month but on March 20th it will be better)

2. What documents should I supply?
The stuff I have got together is as follows, please let me know of anything else that anyone can think of (or if there's anything here that I should take out then also let me know):

6 months bank statements
P60
6 months payslips
SMS records
photos of us together
mortgage statement
birth certificate
passport
skype call records
phone bill
church booking for wedding
copy of contract from band for wedding
engagement ring receipt
receipts from money transfers (western union etc.)
letter of intention

Thanks for your help,
David.

a letter from your employer, stating your job, how long you have worked there, what your salary is, number of hours a week, how often you get paid.

also a copy of your contract of employment.

and a letter of support, with paragraphs covering circumstances of meeting, your finanical position, your acommodation in the uk, relationship at present.

should be everythnig. good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger@tigress
10th March 2007, 07:39
:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: Goodluck :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

A_flyer
10th March 2007, 09:07
Can someone please reply as I would appreciate some help with this.
Consult first Pete web site, you should find most of the infos you're looking for and then ask here the extra questions.

See here: http://www.british-filipino.com/application%20for%20settlement.html

prettyd30
11th April 2007, 05:42
skype call records

Please tell me how can you do this, i really dont have any idea how can i save our calls from skype. thanks...

tiger@tigress
11th April 2007, 23:48
Please tell me how can you do this, i really dont have any idea how can i save our calls from skype. thanks...

:Erm: :Erm: im not yet a skype user :Erm:

mach
12th April 2007, 03:32
good luck david & congRatulations :)

thedug
16th April 2007, 23:22

getting this was a bit of 'trial and error'. i was able to print screen for a couple of pages then that kindof stopped working. so then i just copy/pasted the info from skype to a word document. but even that wasnt successful all the time. it kept pasting a previous page and not the one i wanted. i just persevered and eventually got all of the pages i wanted. good luck. let me know how u get on