PDA

View Full Version : Got an accounting job finally!

rainmaker
23rd September 2010, 09:09
After months of search...Thank God i finally got a job in line with my profession in the Philippines... I will start this Oct. Thanks for the advice guys!

KeithD
23rd September 2010, 09:56
:Hellooo:

You can start by doing my accounts .... just fill in '0' on the tax form and everything will be fine ;)

bornatbirth
23rd September 2010, 11:42
congrats and well done :D

can you tell us how you found your new job, to help others who are looking :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
23rd September 2010, 11:55
congratulations

liane
23rd September 2010, 12:01
congrats!

sars_notd_virus
23rd September 2010, 13:31
good news!!!:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

have u done ur AAT course before u get the job?
thanks

malditako
23rd September 2010, 15:03
congrats to you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rainmaker
23rd September 2010, 17:43
:Hellooo:

You can start by doing my accounts .... just fill in '0' on the tax form and everything will be fine ;)

i would be willing to do it for a right price.hehehe

rainmaker
23rd September 2010, 17:45
good news!!!:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

have u done ur AAT course before u get the job?
thanks

No i haven't finished my AAT course yet. I'm still on Level 3.

ghee101
23rd September 2010, 18:01
congratulations!!

i wonder if i'd have an accounting or transcription job there too. :Erm::Erm: probably not.

just as well, as long as my hands and feet can move, i can work. doesnt matter what work :rolleyes: i do like kids so i hope it's along that line.

rainmaker
23rd September 2010, 18:12
congrats and well done :D

can you tell us how you found your new job, to help others who are looking :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i have been working as a sales assistant for more than 5years and during this period i had a chance to help my employer sort out his accounting records. During this period i also submitted my CV to employers and recruitment agency, but unfortunately nobody gave me a chance. I guess my CV went straight to the bin. I got bored of my job coz there is no career prospect. What i did is to quit my job on feb, went for vacation in phil for 2 months and after returning in UK enrolled in AAT on July. When i quit my job, i had a lot of time to polish my CV, highlighted that i helped my UK employer increase its profit, that i'm an AAT student. I prayed a lot for guidance, strength and courage. I got my accounting job when i accidentally browse the jobcenter website(i've post my CV on monster,jobsite,etc). I sent my CV to my employer then i got interviewed twice. I browse on the internet for possible interview questions and suggested answers. There were loads of people who applied for the job. I prayed hard and prepared for the interview. I was in glasgow attending pope's mass when i got the col from my employer, offering me the job. After that all is history...

rainmaker
23rd September 2010, 19:36
congratulations

thank you ... all for god's glory

rainmaker
23rd September 2010, 19:36
congrats to you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

salamat po

rainmaker
23rd September 2010, 19:37
congrats!

ty

rainmaker
23rd September 2010, 19:38
congratulations!!

i wonder if i'd have an accounting or transcription job there too. :Erm::Erm: probably not.

just as well, as long as my hands and feet can move, i can work. doesnt matter what work :rolleyes: i do like kids so i hope it's along that line.

thanks

rani
23rd September 2010, 19:39
congrats rainmaker!

i think i can also get a job there :Jump:

joebloggs
23rd September 2010, 20:03
:xxgrinning--00xx3: great news,
i took my wife 5yrs to get a job that she trained for in the phils
but my stepson started work this week and it was only about the 3rd job he applied for :rolleyes:

malditako
24th September 2010, 06:49
i have been working as a sales assistant for more than 5years and during this period i had a chance to help my employer sort out his accounting records. During this period i also submitted my CV to employers and recruitment agency, but unfortunately nobody gave me a chance. I guess my CV went straight to the bin. I got bored of my job coz there is no career prospect. What i did is to quit my job on feb, went for vacation in phil for 2 months and after returning in UK enrolled in AAT on July. When i quit my job, i had a lot of time to polish my CV, highlighted that i helped my UK employer increase its profit, that i'm an AAT student. I prayed a lot for guidance, strength and courage. I got my accounting job when i accidentally browse the jobcenter website(i've post my CV on monster,jobsite,etc). I sent my CV to my employer then i got interviewed twice. I browse on the internet for possible interview questions and suggested answers. There were loads of people who applied for the job. I prayed hard and prepared for the interview. I was in glasgow attending pope's mass when i got the col from my employer, offering me the job. After that all is history...

about ATT have u in online program (home study)? i've worked as an accounting staff/credit and collection officer in philippines for nearly 10 years but being here in the UK i think my chance to get a job in line with my profession is quite slim so am planning to take few units in accounting here as well...how much for the tution fees?

rainmaker
24th September 2010, 10:50
about ATT have u in online program (home study)? i've worked as an accounting staff/credit and collection officer in philippines for nearly 10 years but being here in the UK i think my chance to get a job in line with my profession is quite slim so am planning to take few units in accounting here as well...how much for the tution fees?

Yap im doing distance learning with BPP london. With regards to AAT course fee, its £120 per subject.

rainmaker
24th September 2010, 10:53
:xxgrinning--00xx3: great news,
i took my wife 5yrs to get a job that she trained for in the phils
but my stepson started work this week and it was only about the 3rd job he applied for :rolleyes:

thanks...

ghee101
24th September 2010, 11:46
thanks

and i know it's not really a job (mark would always point out that people get paid for what i love doing free) but i want to teach music to children, maybe a community or in church.