PDA

View Full Version : marriage

denehazel
1st March 2007, 21:47
hi.i live in the uk,i want to marry my fiancee when my divorce comes through.i know i need my birth certificate and CNI.i have read that i need my batism papers,is this true?my fiancee wants to get married in church,would this be a problem as i will be divorced.it also says we must attend at the Local Rural Health Unit, you must attend for Pre-Marriage Guidance and Sexual Health Counselling.has anyone here got married in the philippines lately maybe you could help? could anyone also tell what my fiancee needs to get married.does anyone know the cost of a weeding in the philippines.weeding dress,catering,rings,ect ect.
regards denehazel

aromulus
1st March 2007, 23:49
Church Weddings are a little more complicated than Civil ceremonies.
All the answers you are looking for, are posted already... if you look around, you will find what you need.

I got married on Feb 19th in Cebu. We opted for a Civil, because the Catholic Church wasn't playing ball.

The main stumbling block, was the Matrimonial Tribunal Certificate.... From the tribunal of the area you live.... Apparently it takes months to investigate the Divorce, and a substantial "donation" is kinda required...

Sexual Health.. Pre-Marriage guidance, Rural health unit??? That's a new one on me... Never had to do one of those.

I don't know if I can post a link, but here is a useful one I was directed to once. You will find a list of various documents needed for marriage in Phil..
http://www.gov.ph/faqs/marriage.asp

Also Pete's site,
http://www.british-filipino.com/
is a mine of information.

Ciao and good luck

Dom

empott
2nd March 2007, 01:39
it also says we must attend at the Local Rural Health Unit, you must attend for Pre-Marriage Guidance and Sexual Health Counselling.

Actually, thats the family planning seminar. Yeah, thats a prerequisite before they issue u the marriage license. When we requested for it in the RHU, they just gave it to us, no fuss. They give us a certificate without requiring us to attend it. We had it in 10 minutes and no extra charge too! :D I guess we were lucky... or maybe it was just my age! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: