PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone tech advice

les_taxi
6th September 2010, 22:24
Mobile phones are not my strong point,(give me a messed up pc anyday and I'l fix it:xxgrinning--00xx3:)

So I got myself a free htc desire and it's amazing,love it-however after just renewing my tomtom go530 traffic subscription,I now find android phones don't support this featue:cwm23:

I can't believe this and that means the only way at the moment to enable my traffic updates on my tomtom is to swap sim card back into old phone!!!

I only use the traffic update occasionally but it's bloody useful and has saved me big delays on trips down to potters bar!

I don't want to use the phone as a standalone sat nav so any ideas guys?

I saw this recent post http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/132585-bluetooth-dun-tomtom-traffic-updates.html

somebody
6th September 2010, 23:05
I know nearly a whole desk of our Software developers are HTC desire users and have fiddled big time with Google maps and the apis and repositories. There is the traffic layer with google maps but im not sure about android as dont use it. But i do know from the devices i use google maps can accept and supply data.

Have you got access to the android devloper kit or even the easier to use android app inventor programme (not sure this is powerful enough to work with the data) but worth a play..

Can ask for you in a couple of days when i seem them next.

les_taxi
6th September 2010, 23:08
I need this feature on my phone Bluetooth DUN,seems a third party has developed something,remember I want to use my tomtom not my phone for navigation:)

somebody
6th September 2010, 23:28
I need this feature on my phone Bluetooth DUN,seems a third party has developed something,remember I want to use my tomtom not my phone for navigation:)

So sounds like its best to wait with what they come up with:xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
6th September 2010, 23:57
I got the pdanet app installed and am nearly there,when it shows list of phones on tomtom to complete wireless application my desire is not on there:bigcry:

So i end up choosing another htc phone and of course it wont complet,it then gives me choice to set up manually but thats not easy.