PDA

View Full Version : British NVQ Scandal

Pete/London
5th September 2010, 12:52
Stumbled across this story while looking for something else, but worth the read as a warning on agencies.

www.balitapinoy.net/caring_careers_training_scandal.html
Follow the leads to read the story on Andrew Battman

somebody
5th September 2010, 23:56
The Wife has Friends and even distant family who have come here as students some treated better than others. A total scandal all the Ladies and Gents have been fully qualified and in some cases highly experienced Nurses:NoNo:

Work far far more hours than they should get little training from what i gather:NoNo:

in some cases they meet other halfs or even become pregnant and find after working hard and paying tax they have little right to stay here it seems with out an uphill battle :NoNo:

Pete/London
6th September 2010, 00:21
My son-in-law has been paying an agent to get them to Australia from the middle east that has cost thousands with no result. Its very hard to know who is boni fidi :Erm:

Arthur Little
6th September 2010, 00:25
A total scandal all the Ladies and Gents have been fully qualified and in some cases highly experienced Nurses:NoNo:

Qualified doctors also, Andy ... as Joe well knows to his *cost - *LITERALLY! And highly-trained, graduate educationalists - with many years' teaching experience - at 'Faculty President' and National Competition levels into the bargain ... as my OWN wife discovered! :doh

Arthur Little
6th September 2010, 01:18
Oops ... having since READ - and got the proper gist of the story Pete kindly posted - my response is waaaaay :icon_offtopic:

Arthur Little
6th September 2010, 01:42
All the same ... it doesn't change my long-held opinion, i.e., it IS a scandal that hard-earned degrees held my immigrants from [economically] poorer countries such as the Phils count for practically nothing in western nations. :angry: Okay, it makes sense that - in most cases - retraining will be necessary in line with cultural differences. But what (to MY mind) is wholly uacceptable, is the UK's attitude that THEIR educational standards are any better than those in other parts of the world.

joebloggs
6th September 2010, 07:11
your right thou Arthur, my misses if she wants to get anywhere in this country she's had to go back right to the start and is working with British and European docs who just passed their exams :NoNo: even thou shes already done Intern-ship in the phils and has worked as a SHO doc here in the UK for the NHS, its' :crazy:

many of the docs shes working with are too scared to do certain things because they are inexperienced, , yet my misses doesn't have a problem,

as for working long hours, she would struggle to get training here if she doesn't do what shes doing now, but shes good enough to work more than 12 hrs on Sat, 12hrs on Sunday and 9hrs today :cwm23::censored:
sat and sunday she left b4 8am got back home after 10:30pm :angry::angry::angry::cwm23:

KeithD
6th September 2010, 09:52
sat and sunday she left b4 8am got back home after 10:30pm :angry::angry::angry::cwm23:
I thought you'd be glad of the peace.... you could have all your scouse mates around :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th September 2010, 13:23
:yikes: your :crazy: scouser keith
i had to put up with little joe :cwm3::angry: