PDA

View Full Version : The island born of fire!

fred
30th August 2010, 23:19
Or Camuguin!
Been here for a couple of days now..First day here found a little place that does British food,So we had Fish n chips, Chicken tikka and vindaloo..The restaurant is called the
Yacht inn BTW.
Yesterday did the tourist thing which was a damned good day out..Hired a strange looking trike for the day (1,200P for the 10 hour trip)..Looked more like something found in Thailand..
First,we saw the underwater cemetery which is under the sea because of one of the 7 volcanoes erupting sometime in the 1800.

Then we climbed halfway up a mountain for its views..Route marked by 15 stations..We made it to 7 when the kids were tired,so back down again..(I was fine..Wanted to jog up to the 15th)
Then a trip to the Soda swimming pool before a shortish drive to the cold water spring..Which was cold but refreshing on a hot day....

Finished the day up at the hot springs which was the highlight for me.. Lots of different areas to relax in with different temperatures of spring water..we all jumped in the hottest bit which was about 40C.. Bliss!!

Natives are friendly and I have Lansones coming out of my ears.. Love em!
Great place..Highly recommended for a short break..
I wonder what we will do today?:Erm:

raynaputi
31st August 2010, 00:55
This is one place I've been wanting to go to after I heard from friends that it's so beautiful!

Sim11UK
31st August 2010, 07:29
I'm a big fan of Camiguin, loved my time there...Very relaxing. Went there almost 2 years ago now & would love to go back, though my now wife, was terrified Mt. Hibok Hibok was about to erupt any minute.

If you're still there, have a trip to White Island, early in the morning, beautiful & you get great views of Camiguin.

Last year when we were in the Registrars, to get married in CDO, met a just retired Brit Taxi driver & his fiancee, who were looking to buy some land on Camiguin, to live...Whether they are there now, I don't know?

Have sat in Ardent Hot Springs...lovely.

We left a few days later, by ferry to your neck of the woods Fred, Bohol & Panglao Island. :)

triple5
31st August 2010, 18:05
Definitely on my places to go list :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rani
31st August 2010, 18:39
Definitely on my places to go list :xxgrinning--00xx3:

on my list too :)

mickcant
13th October 2010, 12:30
I spent 2 nights there on one of my visits with my stbx wifes family it is a lovely place with so much to see and do.
Would love to return one day:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:)

Terpe
13th October 2010, 12:48
It's been on my list of places to go for ages.:)

Tawi2
16th December 2010, 20:16
Very underrated island,great place to kick-about :xxgrinning--00xx3: