PDA

View Full Version : PreNuptial Agreement

tiger@tigress
25th February 2007, 06:39
prenuptial agreement

I know a couple whos talking about this so im posting this to know the stand of each and every one.

Also called an antenuptial agreement, a written contract between two people who are about to marry, setting out the terms of possession of assets, treatment of future earnings, control of the property of each, and potential division if the marriage is later dissolved. These agreements are fairly common if either or both parties have substantial assets, children from a prior marriage, potential inheritances, high incomes, or have been "taken" by a previous spouse.

Question to all the gentleman out there will you let your future wife sign a prenup? Just because people around you ask you to do so?

And to all the ladies what will you feel if the man you love ask you to sign the said agreement?

A_flyer
25th February 2007, 09:37
Question to all the gentleman out there will you let your future wife sign a prenup? Just because people around you ask you to do so?
This question can't be answered as easily as you ask it. It depends not only on each personal decision but also on the laws in both countries.
It's better to consult a notary or a lawyer on this to have their advice.
Family code of one country may require it depending on your personal situation (was my case in France).

yummy
25th February 2007, 10:00
prenuptial agreement
And to all the ladies what will you feel if the man you love ask you to sign the said agreement?

i voluntarily offered my hubby a prenup if he want me to sign one bec i know how hard he worked to get his own house in UK and all the properties he have but he declined.we married without having one.

its should be an open discussion between two people who are planning to marry...

scotsfiancee
25th February 2007, 12:02
Prenup is commonly used to businessmen, billioners, and celebrities..

some agreements are per year of there relationship wife may gets.

eg. $900,000/per year

:REDancedancer08:

So whatever happens husband feel safe and less trouble when it comes to money matters :Erm:

andypaul
25th February 2007, 12:24
Dont think your find they are recgonised in british law.
You could have one you both agree to at the begining but neither party would have to recgonise it or be forced to by a court.

KeithD
25th February 2007, 13:32
I signed one...If the missus runs off with a mountain gorilla....I get 1/2 a coconut tree :action-smiley-081:

empott
26th February 2007, 00:48
I brought out that topic with my would-be-hubby before our wedding. I'd be willing to sign one if he wanted me too. But he said it doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

KeithD
26th February 2007, 02:27
That's because he'll happily give you HALF the debt :xxgrinning--00xx3:

empott
26th February 2007, 17:20
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

emeraldisle
21st March 2007, 18:47
i thought prenups werent legally binding in the UK. Something like they wont hold up in court. I only heard this from a friend so maybe im mistaken

KeithD
21st March 2007, 22:23
Your friend a legal advisor is he/she?

If done by solicitors in the correct manner, they are binding.

equaliser
22nd March 2007, 14:03
I went to a solicitor about this topic before Ashley came here . The solicitor told me that pre-nups were not valid and not binding in the UK and that by getting a document drawn up like this could prove costly in the long run if there was a divorce. The judge in such a case would assume that the husband had been trying to hide his wealth and could then give the wife more in the divorce settlement. That was the legal advice I was given

KeithD
22nd March 2007, 15:04
http://www.shoppingtrolley.net/prenuptial-agreements-uk.shtml

http://www.borneolinnells.co.uk/Services_Available/Family_Issues/Prenuptial_Agreements

As I said, they are binding if done correctly in the right circumstances.

ginapeterb
3rd October 2007, 19:56
I have been catching up on a few posts, and I found this one interesting, pre nuptials eh....

Well let seee......how about this for a pre nuptial agreement I heard of recently..

Split the house with the wife 50/50

The Filipino wife gets everything inside, and the BRITISH Hubby gets everything outside... ??

how is that...

KeithD
3rd October 2007, 20:53
Why not just split the ex-wife? :)