PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles

les_taxi
29th August 2010, 20:56
Just listening to the best group ever remastered and in flac format on 8 speakers:)

Now thats what I call music:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
29th August 2010, 22:34
Well some of it is....... I prefer a bit more bass.... drums.... guitar.... and some chap shouting :D

triple5
29th August 2010, 22:57
Prefer the later LSD inspired stuff rather than the earlier boy band ballads.

jam07
30th August 2010, 08:58
I love the music of Beatles as well... one of my faves are 'Fool On The Hill' :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :heartshape1: :heartshape1: :heartshape1:

nigel
30th August 2010, 09:01
I've become a fan of Thai dance/pop muzik! :) Some of it is fantastic!

les_taxi
30th August 2010, 09:01
I love the music of Beatles as well... one of my faves are 'Fool On The Hill' :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :heartshape1: :heartshape1: :heartshape1:

Yes and remastered it sounds even better,the flutes sound incredible:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
30th August 2010, 10:25
The first records I ever bought was Love Me Do, Needles and Pins and Come on by the Stones.
I`m in the Beatles film when they were singing live on the roof of Apple in Saville Row. That was a great afternoon when that part of the West End came to a standstill. :)

aposhark
30th August 2010, 12:09
The first records I ever bought was Love Me Do, Needles and Pins and Come on by the Stones.
I`m in the Beatles film when they were singing live on the roof of Apple in Saville Row. That was a great afternoon when that part of the West End came to a standstill. :)

That's great Pete :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Did you know there is a "Beatles Complete Rooftop Concert 1969" floating around in the ether? For example it has three versions of Get Back :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
30th August 2010, 12:29
If you find them I was with 4 mates hanging on to some chimney pots on The Albany, a block of very up market mansion flats. Edward Heath lived there , also Michael Caine shared a flat with Terence Stamp, J.B.Priestly and a few other luminaries.
We was being rude boys so a lot of our shots were left on the cutting room floor. I had a rust coloured jumper.
They sounded great live, shame it was cut early. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
30th August 2010, 12:33
Prefer the later LSD inspired stuff rather than the earlier boy band ballads.

Nah ... don't agree, Paul. :NoNo: I much preferred their early recordings, circa 1963/64! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
30th August 2010, 12:47
:olddude: ... ahh ... the Merseybeat Scene :333:... the "Swingin' Sixties" ... :rolleyes: reminiscent of The Beatles, Searchers, Gerry & the Pacemakers, et al ...

subseastu
30th August 2010, 12:59
Well some of it is....... I prefer a bit more bass.... drums.... guitar.... and some chap shouting :D

So a Des O'Connor man then

les_taxi
30th August 2010, 13:07
If you find them I was with 4 mates hanging on to some chimney pots on The Albany, a block of very up market mansion flats. Edward Heath lived there , also Michael Caine shared a flat with Terence Stamp, J.B.Priestly and a few other luminaries.
We was being rude boys so a lot of our shots were left on the cutting room floor. I had a rust coloured jumper.
They sounded great live, shame it was cut early. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Think I found ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v8DUCxDhUw&feature=related

time line 3.04

Pete/London
30th August 2010, 13:15
Think I found ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v8DUCxDhUw&feature=related

time line 3.04

Well done Les, bang to rights, haven`t changed a bit:D

les_taxi
30th August 2010, 13:29
Well done Les, bang to rights, haven`t changed a bit:D

You are a part of history now:xxgrinning--00xx3:

On the same video as the beatles thats pretty cool and worth bragging about:icon_lol:

aposhark
30th August 2010, 13:29
Nah ... don't agree, Paul. :NoNo: I much preferred their early recordings, circa 1963/64! :icon_lol:

I'm with triple5 on this one Arthur, "Sgt Pepper" - now that must one of the best albums ever made :icon_sorry::icon_sorry::xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump::Jump:

les_taxi
30th August 2010, 14:05
Rubber soul for me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

triple5
30th August 2010, 14:57
I always like to sing "Something" on karaoke, sweet love song, but my favorite all time beatles track is "Here comes the sun"

aposhark
30th August 2010, 14:58
...I`m in the Beatles film.... :)

Here ya go rude boy :) The screen grab I did was twice the size!

stevie c
30th August 2010, 15:12
Just listening to the best group ever remastered and in flac format on 8 speakers:)

Now thats what I call music:xxgrinning--00xx3:
i have to disagree with you on that i much preferred the rolling stones myself :NoNo:

shrek48
30th August 2010, 15:21
beatles who ????? :Erm:

aposhark
30th August 2010, 15:44
beatles who ????? :Erm:

The Beatles were better than the Who, IMHO :laugher::icon_lol:

les_taxi
30th August 2010, 15:45
Aww not a Stones v Beatles debate.

Stones fans will never win that one The Beatles total record sales piss on the rolling stones and they disbanded 40 years ago :icon_lol:

I am a fan of both though and like and equally dislike some songs from either group.

stevie c
30th August 2010, 15:50
Aww not a Stones v Beatles debate.

Stones fans will never win that one The Beatles total record sales piss on the rolling stones and they disbanded 40 years ago :icon_lol:

I am a fan of both though and like and equally dislike some songs from either group.

in my view the Beatles record sales were down to teenage girls buying them where the stones were more of a rock band for the men :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
30th August 2010, 16:06
Perhaps in early days that was somewhat true,but as their music style changed then their audience altered too and male or female The beatles were and still are the most popular band of all time.

Pete/London
30th August 2010, 16:11
Here ya go rude boy :) The screen grab I did was twice the size!

Wow thanks Apo:yikes: no hiding place now:D

jimeve
30th August 2010, 16:17
Is that apo the one on the pot, (chimney pot) that is :Erm:

Pete/London
30th August 2010, 16:19
Perhaps in early days that was somewhat true,but as their music style changed then their audience altered too and male or female The beatles were and still are the most popular band of all time.

My Karaoke 100 pointer is a Beatles song, when with me mates never admitted to liking the Beatles but really thought they were great. Their music spanned all the generations, also still like music on vynl, crackiness and all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
30th August 2010, 20:44
Rubber soul for me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

yeah me too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
30th August 2010, 21:32
Is that apo the one on the pot, (chimney pot) that is :Erm:

I wish it was :icon_lol: but I was a very young teenager in 1969 so a bit out of Pete/London's league :D

I sat next to George Harrison on a plane once from London to Madrid in the late 70's and had a nice chat.

We just talked about Liverpool where we were both from, I didn't want to get into the typical beatles fan stuff, I thought he had probably had a lot of that :rolleyes:
A record company executive came back and gave me a look that he was more important than me, so I moved back to cattle class :)

Arthur Little
30th August 2010, 22:39
no hiding place

Somewhat :icon_offtopic: ... but, as I recall ... and [:rolleyes: given the vintage of the "screen-grab" supplied courtesy of Apo] YOU most probably can TOO, Pete ... 'No Hiding Place' was the title of a long-running crime drama series - starring Raymond Francis as Detective Chief Superintendent Lockhart - back in the early days of ITV. :)

Pete/London
31st August 2010, 01:20
Somewhat :icon_offtopic: ... but, as I recall ... and [:rolleyes: given the vintage of the "screen-grab" supplied courtesy of Apo] YOU most probably can TOO, Pete ... 'No Hiding Place' was the title of a long-running crime drama series - starring Raymond Francis as Detective Chief Superintendent Lockhart - back in the early days of ITV. :)

Remember it well Arthur, I also made appearances on Ready Steady Go with Keith Fordyce and Cathy McGowan:)

Sim11UK
31st August 2010, 07:37
Remember it well Arthur, I also made appearances on Ready Steady Go with Keith Fordyce and Cathy McGowan:)

Did you sweep their chimney's too? :D

Pete/London
31st August 2010, 09:53
Did you sweep their chimney's too? :D

Good old days eh:doh being sent up chimneys :D

shrek48
31st August 2010, 16:47
frank Sinatra the main man . started it all off :D