PDA

View Full Version : Tonights national news

gm47
23rd March 2005, 20:26
Hi, Just heard on the national news tonight that the Government have advised against all travel to the Philippines as they say that a terrorist attack is immanent over the Easter Hols in Manila.

Great !!!!! I'm booked to go there this Friday !! I wonder if my travel insurance covers that !!! :blink:

GM47

Admin
24th March 2005, 19:53
Terrorism, usually not.

More chance of having your goolies fried by lightning I'd say, than getting blown up. Just don't walk around with a USA t-shirt on shouting "Down With Islam" :o

gm47
24th March 2005, 21:10
Originally posted by admin@Mar 24 2005, 06:53 PM
Terrorism, usually not.

More chance of having your goolies fried by lightning I'd say, than getting blown up. Just don't walk around with a USA t-shirt on shouting "Down With Islam" :o

Quoted post

Thanks for that Keith, the lightening thing sounds painful :P may prefer the blown up part instead. So I have to throw away my best T-shirt then !!

This is my first trip so will be an eyeopener for me, thanks to you old vets on this site at least I am a little prepared.

Gerry

ginapeterb
24th March 2005, 23:07
Gerry if you are town over the weekend, I am in Manila until Wednesday, my number is 0919 2373528 that is my smart mobile number.

I dont know as yet where I am staying i am sure my wife to be has organized it, do you have a girl there ? is that why you are going ?

Admin
25th March 2005, 08:52
So what's your 'dumb' mobile number then? :lol:

gm47
25th March 2005, 10:10
Originally posted by admin@Mar 25 2005, 07:52 AM
So what's your 'dumb' mobile number then? :lol:

Quoted post

Clever !! :P

Thanks for that Pete, I'm not meeting anyone, I'm just going to have a look around and do some sports coaching.

I will try and give you a call, maybe we can have a pint together.

What do you think of the government warning regarding the immanent terrorist attack ?

I'm leaving for Heathrow in a couple of hours..... nervously !!

ginapeterb
25th March 2005, 14:14
Originally posted by gm47@Mar 25 2005, 09:10 AM
Clever !! :P
Thanks for that Pete, I'm not meeting anyone, I'm just going to have a look around and do some sports coaching.

I will try and give you a call, maybe we can have a pint together.

What do you think of the government warning regarding the immanent terrorist attack ?

I'm leaving for Heathrow in a couple of hours..... nervously !!

Quoted post

I wouldnt worry about it Gerry, just be alert, these things happen all the time, what can they do but warn us about these things, if these people strike they will strike what can we do about it, not much I am afraid, if you catch this have a good trip, see you at the other side, I will probably on my mobile from Tuesday onwards Gerry, 1st few days, I rarely get out of the room, mate if you know what I mean.

Best of luck Pete

ginapeterb
25th March 2005, 14:15
[trust you Keith to come up with that one, heheheheeh as always you bring the humour to the site,

gm47
29th March 2005, 05:58
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Mar 24 2005, 10:07 PM
Gerry if you are town over the weekend, I am in Manila until Wednesday, my number is 0919 2373528 that is my smart mobile number.

I dont know as yet where I am staying i am sure my wife to be has organized it, do you have a girl there ? is that why you are going ?

Quoted post

Hi Peter, I rang the number above (tues 1pm) but no connection so your phone isn't so smart after all :) Or is it me !!
If you get this message before you leave Manila, you can ring or text me on 07956 407744.
Hope to hear from you.

Gerry

symonh2000
9th April 2006, 20:12
A guy I know used to work in a mortuary, and one of the corpses there had a big grin on his face. He asked why the guy was grinning, and apparently he was struck by lightening, but he thought he was having his picture taken.