PDA

View Full Version : Help my friend got married in philippines but now he been told his marriage not valid

Puppylov
22nd August 2010, 02:31
:bigcry::bigcry:Help please Hi everyone I am new hear and I do wish someone can help. My friend is a half Filipino half british man but has dual nationality. He recently went back to philippines for like 8 months as he always seems to go back there for vacation but this time he went back to marry his gf in which he did they were living together for like 5 months b4 they got married. He married at west not in a church and he married as a british so he would not find difficulity bringin his wife to uk. They married through a judge which they just paid for the ceremony and he was told after the weddin he has to get a legal capacity to marriage form from the uk embassy which he didnt...he went back to uk and got one there, Now he has been told that he has to hand it in person to the british embassy in order for them to change it to local. He hasnt got plans to go back there as he wants to stay in his job in order to sort out the paperwork for his mrs to go uk. Is there anyway he can just get someone else to go there and transfer it to local or can he send it there to get changed to local to save him goin there in person so then once its changed he can give to the judge where he got married so he will issue a marriage contract. Or is there any other way please help because I am their friend and they really r a good couple of same age and they not fake. Coz my friend is about to have a nervous breakdown please help many thanks...

malditako
22nd August 2010, 02:41
obviously the marriage is void...nothing they can to but to marry again and makes sure they follow the rules and not the under the table marriage...wonder how much they paid the judge...(sigh!!)...

Puppylov
22nd August 2010, 02:56
But they didnt kno it was a corrupt way they just assumed that was the way. They had their family there as well so they thought its proper...Shud they just report the judge then? Or is there a way they can sort it out without having to get messy?

malditako
22nd August 2010, 09:00
as what the quote said "ignorance of the law exuces no one"....u said he is in a dual nationality?...why not declare himself then as a filipino so he wont be needing this no impediment from the embassy...cant they just do that instead?...if not all i can say is remarry again and this time makes sure he got the no impediment from the embassy....

Puppylov
22nd August 2010, 09:08
as what the quote said "ignorance of the law exuces no one"....u said he is in a dual nationality?...why not declare himself then as a filipino so he wont be needing this no impediment from the embassy...cant they just do that instead?...if not all i can say is remarry again and this time makes sure he got the no impediment from the embassy....

Thanks for the advise...But would if he goes as a Filipino would it make it harder for him to bring her to uk? or no difference? And him being British would surely mean he would have to declare his statue in uk right?

somebody
22nd August 2010, 15:30
His Mahal or another should be able to take the CNI along to be exchange for one accepted by the Phill system. People have written on here about doing this. IE fedexing over the CNI and the person on the ground in Phill taking a long. Maybe worth emailing the embassy to ask who can do on his behalf and what ID they might require as they need to enter the embassy.

joebloggs
22nd August 2010, 16:27
His Mahal or another should be able to take the CNI along to be exchange for one accepted by the Phill system. People have written on here about doing this. IE fedexing over the CNI and the person on the ground in Phill taking a long. Maybe worth emailing the embassy to ask who can do on his behalf and what ID they might require as they need to enter the embassy.

I'm pretty certain the judge needs the cert so the marriage can be registered, but I'm not 100% sure that because you didn't have it at the time the marriage took place, whether your marriage is void :Erm:

i would contact the embassy and find out before you waste time and money .:Erm:

Puppylov
22nd August 2010, 16:38
I'm pretty certain the judge needs the cert so the marriage can be registered, but I'm not 100% sure that because you didn't have it at the time the marriage took place, whether your marriage is void :Erm:

thanks for the advice guys....its really good to get other inputs...sounds like i been goin round in circles for my friend where he shud just send a email to emabssy right. many thanks guys any other opinions always welcomed

Puppylov
22nd August 2010, 17:28

oh really? where can i find it here? cud u help me please..thanks for the advise sounds like my friend has been sent around the bush....Shows there really is good people in the world if there is anyone else with advice please its all welcomed many thanks

Puppylov
22nd August 2010, 17:30
thanks for your help guys...if there anybody else please help sounds like my friend got sent round the bush....so his wife cud probably do it on his behalf? he did get the filipino version which the judge knows this only problem is because he is of dual nationality he ahs to present that even in uk he not married as well help please my friend and his wife r really good people like yourselves

somebody
22nd August 2010, 23:12

Yes and possibly made need Phill legal advice as I guess Phill law is involved as well.

Also if the wedding was lets say in June (for the sake of argument) and the Cni was exchanged in September then the UK Embassy make think some thing is fishy even if the Phill wedding documents were created

Puppylov
22nd August 2010, 23:27
basically they did the ceremony coz his paperwork for philippines was present he got that form the nso sayin he not married but because he dual and tryin to bring his wife to uk the judge is now askin for the form from uk as well...shud it matter? will it make it harder for him to bring his wife if he declared he filipino citizen?

malditako
23rd August 2010, 06:08
basically they did the ceremony coz his paperwork for philippines was present he got that form the nso sayin he not married but because he dual and tryin to bring his wife to uk the judge is now askin for the form from uk as well...shud it matter? will it make it harder for him to bring his wife if he declared he filipino citizen?

if judge asked for no impediment probably it matters...about taking his wife in UK it will be the same rule with the others whether brit national or filipino national..same requirements and all that..my cousin marry his filipina girlfriend who works in the UK as a nurse and it only took them 2 weeks to get the visa..they are now both living in south wales with 2 kids :)

johncar54
23rd August 2010, 07:28
obviously the marriage is void...nothing they can to but to marry again and makes sure they follow the rules and not the under the table marriage...wonder how much they paid the judge...(sigh!!)...

I find that that hard to accept.

He is a Filipino, so providing he conformed to the laws of RP then he must be married.

If they were to get married again, then I see big problems. They are almost certainly married.

Whilst it maybe an unusual situation, it cannot be unique.

He is a UK citizen, legally married. The fact that he got married in his status as a Filipino must be a foreseen situation for UK which allows dual nationality.

The question is, what must they do for his wife to get a visa?

All the rest is a 'a red herring' and just confuses the question.

somebody
23rd August 2010, 08:56

He is a Filipino, so providing he conformed to the laws of RP then he must be married.

If they were to get married again, then I see big problems. They are almost certainly married.

He is a UK citizen, legally married. The fact that he got married in his status as a Filipino must be a foreseen situation for UK which allows dual nationality.

Although the statement in the first post suggests "he married as a british". I presume he entered this on the Marriage application which from memory is read out and gone though in a civil wedding in Phill. So if the correct paperwork is not there then when they go to forward to NSO possibly thats where the issue arises.
If the NSO wont process then or the Judge realises something was not done correctly then I guess there maybe an issue with the marriage being fully legal and recognised.

Hopefully having the Birtish CNI carried out and then processed in Phill will hopefully meet the Judges and NSO requirements.

sars_notd_virus
23rd August 2010, 09:30
:bigcry::bigcry:Help please Hi everyone I am new hear and I do wish someone can help. My friend is a half Filipino half british man but has dual nationality. He recently went back to philippines for like 8 months as he always seems to go back there for vacation but this time he went back to marry his gf in which he did they were living together for like 5 months b4 they got married. He married at west not in a church and he married as a british so he would not find difficulity bringin his wife to uk. They married through a judge which they just paid for the ceremony and he was told after the weddin he has to get a legal capacity to marriage form from the uk embassy which he didnt...he went back to uk and got one there, Now he has been told that he has to hand it in person to the british embassy in order for them to change it to local. He hasnt got plans to go back there as he wants to stay in his job in order to sort out the paperwork for his mrs to go uk. Is there anyway he can just get someone else to go there and transfer it to local or can he send it there to get changed to local to save him goin there in person so then once its changed he can give to the judge where he got married so he will issue a marriage contract. Or is there any other way please help because I am their friend and they really r a good couple of same age and they not fake. Coz my friend is about to have a nervous breakdown please help many thanks...

Who said the wedding is not legal?????
I think the wedding is legal if a real Judge is officiating the ceremony.

somebody
23rd August 2010, 10:38
Who said the wedding is not legal?????
I think the wedding is legal if a real Judge is officiating the ceremony.

Thats what we are all not sure about as if the correct paperwork has not been submitted it maybe that it will not be recognised.

Just as a Judge can make a ruling in a court but if the evidence and or documentation was found to be incorrect or false it may mean the rulling is no longer valid I guess?

Also you can be married in Phill, but if you cant get the marriage cert processed by the NSO and/or the British Embassy wonder why no CNI was exchanged it may mean the Visa can never be applied for or made at least a great deal more difficult.

joebloggs
23rd August 2010, 11:04
Art. 21. When either or both of the contracting parties are citizens of a foreign country, it shall be necessary for them before a marriage license can be obtained, to submit a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials

Puppylov
23rd August 2010, 12:13
Art. 21. When either or both of the contracting parties are citizens of a foreign country, it shall be necessary for them before a marriage license can be obtained, to submit a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials

Yes I kno this as it states before a marriage licence can be obtained.....does not mean cant get married just the licence cannot be obtained or issued...anyway the scenrio is finished they did get married all i askin is how can they give the legal capcity form without doing it in present?

johncar54
23rd August 2010, 12:40

Surely that presupposes that one of the parties is not Filipino (dual Nationality). Thus that course must be followed. But here we have two Filipinos getting married in RP. I can't see that dual nationally affects that.

In this case I would ask, is the marriage recorded at NSO ? If it is then it is a valid marriage. If it is not, then why can't it be registered ?

Perhaps Puppylov can answer this, as without that knowledge, I think we are likely to go off at tangents.

Puppylov
23rd August 2010, 13:00
If he changed status if he could to just being filipino would that make it harder for him to bring his wife to uk? Coz from my experience from stories i been told by other couples its much easier to bring someone over to uk if u r british? And if he did changed his marriage details to filipino does it matter he is dual? I mean to say when he applies for the visa for her maybe they may ask y didnt he say he is dual right?

somebody
23rd August 2010, 13:21
Surely when they ask your nationality you have to declare both? As its a legal document and the fact your also a foreign national would mean (just thinking logically here which doesn't mean its fact) you need to get a CNI from the other country to prove your eligible to get married.

First consult the Phill embassy in the Uk they may be aware of precedents of this case where Phills who have dual citzenship have asked this sort of question before.

malditako
23rd August 2010, 13:43

u got the point there but it says on the statement he married as a brit meaning when they applied for marriage license he wrote in the application that he is a british national...if says so how come they were given the license when one of the requirements to apply for one is to submitt a no impediment from the embassy...plus even though u went into ceremony of marriage but the papers were not registered it is considered null and void...and both parties can marry again as no record will be found in the system.

johncar54
23rd August 2010, 13:54
If he changed status if he could to just being filipino would that make it harder for him to bring his wife to uk? Coz from my experience from stories i been told by other couples its much easier to bring someone over to uk if u r british? And if he did changed his marriage details to filipino does it matter he is dual? I mean to say when he applies for the visa for her maybe they may ask y didnt he say he is dual right?

Is the marriage registered in NSO. If not why not?

malditako
23rd August 2010, 14:07
me and hubby supposed to get married last 2005 but since he will only have 21 days to stay ( due to work) we delayed the wedding as we be lacking of time to get the requirements...a certain friend offer me a help saying he knows someone from the city hall (judge) who can do the ceremony first then just follow the papers after then he will register the marriage when the papers are all ready...the asking fee is 8 thou..i didn't accept the offer..having an uncle ( A Pastor) who has license to do wedding ceremonies i know certain rules and laws about it. if ur friend were asked for no impediment then he should supplied for it...they might not need to have another ceremony again if the papers they have signed has no date as the judge can put any date after all the papers were supplied but of course make sure he is here in the philippines on the date sited on the marriage license and marriage contract...as what i know theres a certain period a marriage contract can be registered from the date of ceremony if not the marriage is null and void...

sars_notd_virus
23rd August 2010, 14:33
me and hubby supposed to get married last 2005 but since he will only have 21 days to stay ( due to work) we delayed the wedding as we be lacking of time to get the requirements...a certain friend offer me a help saying he knows someone from the city hall (judge) who can do the ceremony first then just follow the papers after then he will register the marriage when the papers are all ready...the asking fee is 8 thou..i didn't accept the offer..having an uncle ( A Pastor) who has license to do wedding ceremonies i know certain rules and laws about it. if ur friend were asked for no impediment then he should supplied for it...they might not need to have another ceremony again if the papers they have signed has no date as the judge can put any date after all the papers were supplied but of course make sure he is here in the philippines on the date sited on the marriage license and marriage contract...as what i know theres a certain period a marriage contract can be registered from the date of ceremony if not the marriage is null and void...

yes, i agree with gparry here..there are some judges who do this ...so, if its the same route as what ur friends did she doesnt even have to worry about the dual citizenship etc....just focus on the legal document which is the Marriage Certificate check the dates and expiry of the needed docs to be supplied so to be able to register it with the NSO

johncar54
23rd August 2010, 14:35

Puppylov
23rd August 2010, 14:51
Hi thanks for the advice guys so helpful so so much thank u....hmmm well i get the form soon so we soon see what happens....if any other advice let me know

johncar54
23rd August 2010, 14:58
Puppylove.

Is there a problem with my question:-

If you can tell us that it might mean the info / advice you will get will be based on the actual reality of the situation rather than us all guessing around the what ifs, maybes etc.,

Or have I missed something here ?

Puppylov
23rd August 2010, 16:15
Hi there sorry late reply...yes i think you have missed something the main thing for this advice i am requesting....If you read the first thread i said my friend got married through a judge in the court out in philippines but was told he wont be issused a mariage licence until my friend gets the legal capacity to marriage from the british embassy which he didnt he choose to get it here in uk. The judge said he wud just back date the form once he has recieved the legal capacity to marriage form if not put the relevant date once he recieves it. Only problem is now he has heard he has to go all the way back to philippines just to go to the british embassy in person just to transfer the british version into their local one.... What he is askin is there anyway he can get that transferred without goin in person? is can somebody go their on his behalf? Its not his fault he was misguided all he did was get married and though that was it and it would be a simple process just to send a form from uk stating he nto married now he has encountered this problem and he really stressing...Yes maybe he should of gone to the embassy in philippines but he made a mistake he only human and not like he has been married before and has no intentions on marryin again... They are good people and I really feel sorry for them as they not like these other fake marriages that happen just to go abroad or etc... they a genuine kind couple...This is why I am helpin them out in any way I can....please help me find a way to get this form transferred for them without him goin if not please advise me on what is best to do...Thank u all for helping really appreciate it

sars_notd_virus
23rd August 2010, 16:35
Hi there sorry late reply...yes i think you have missed something the main thing for this advice i am requesting....If you read the first thread i said my friend got married through a judge in the court out in philippines but was told he wont be issused a mariage licence until my friend gets the legal capacity to marriage from the british embassy which he didnt he choose to get it here in uk. The judge said he wud just back date the form once he has recieved the legal capacity to marriage form if not put the relevant date once he recieves it. Only problem is now he has heard he has to go all the way back to philippines just to go to the british embassy in person just to transfer the british version into their local one.... What he is askin is there anyway he can get that transferred without goin in person? is can somebody go their on his behalf? Its not his fault he was misguided all he did was get married and though that was it and it would be a simple process just to send a form from uk stating he nto married now he has encountered this problem and he really stressing...Yes maybe he should of gone to the embassy in philippines but he made a mistake he only human and not like he has been married before and has no intentions on marryin again... They are good people and I really feel sorry for them as they not like these other fake marriages that happen just to go abroad or etc... they a genuine kind couple...This is why I am helpin them out in any way I can....please help me find a way to get this form transferred for them without him goin if not please advise me on what is best to do...Thank u all for helping really appreciate it

so,theres no problem now with regards to the status of the Marriage which means its legal and the only thing that matters now is the CNI from the UK and the Philippine version of it to be able to register it to the NSO and make it valid.

Tell your friend from the UK to contact or email British embassy manila and call or email them if its possible to send the CNI and convert it without his presence in the Philippines.
http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-embassy/contact-us

malditako
23rd August 2010, 16:50

theres no other way but for your friend to go back here in philippines to be consistent with the dates of application, date of marriage and date of immigration stamp saying he is here in philippines at the time of the processing of papers and at the time of marriage..he cannot tell the embassy that the ceremony was done first before the paperworks as it it illegal...the judge knows about this 100 percent sure :)

johncar54
24th August 2010, 07:22
Sorry if I am being obtuse.

As both parties are Filipinos I don't see why they need any paperwork from UK.

I am on the point of getting Irish Nationality which will mean dual Irish/ British. If I were to go to Ireland and get married to an Irish Citizen why would UK become involved ?

In this case surely all that needs sorting is the RP paperwork to show that both parties were Filipinos. I would think that could be done without both parties being present in RP.

Am I missing something ?

Puppylov
24th August 2010, 10:13
Hi there thanks... But surely because my friend is dual he has to provide both cni's from both countries stayting he is not married right? Or does he not? he worried if he don't it will only make it harder for his wife to come over if he does not declare himself british even though his wife has been abroad before even worked in canada for 2 years

Puppylov
24th August 2010, 10:14
hi john r u mixed filipino? and where are you gettin married?

vbkelly
24th August 2010, 10:46
Thanks for the advise...But would if he goes as a Filipino would it make it harder for him to bring her to uk? or no difference? And him being British would surely mean he would have to declare his statue in uk right?

it doesn't matter if his dual citizen or not the most important is he should get the CNI first before they got married

malditako
24th August 2010, 11:18
Sorry if I am being obtuse.

As both parties are Filipinos I don't see why they need any paperwork from UK.

I am on the point of getting Irish Nationality which will mean dual Irish/ British. If I were to go to Ireland and get married to an Irish Citizen why would UK become involved ?

In this case surely all that needs sorting is the RP paperwork to show that both parties were Filipinos. I would think that could be done without both parties being present in RP.

Am I missing something ?

if my memory serves me correct (correct me if not) when the phil goverment first introduce the dual citizenship mainly for a reason that a natural born filipino can still own a property thus exempt them to pay more taxes among others not became a foreign to their native land...what i can see here is that he was asked for CNI maybe b'coz he is not actually a resident of the philippine for along time...CNI was introduced to protect the right of filipino as there were so many cases before that a foreigner marry a filipina but also married to someone else in their country...same with the UK embassy...there were cases that a british marry a married pinay as well...so now the UK embassy required CNI as well from filipina who is going to marry a brit national..

johncar54
24th August 2010, 14:39
OK, so you may think I am splitting hairs, but if one is going to think that a Filipino with dual nationality might lie about being married in another country, how about a Filipino who has lived in another country, or say were employed as a seaman, etc., should they get a CNI from every country they have visited to ensure they are not married anywhere else.

I cannot imagine that because a UK citizen may have lived in another country that he/she would be asked for a CNI from that / those countries,if they were getting married in UK.

The law in UK (and I assume anywhere else, including RP) covers misleading/false statements when applying for a marriage licence, its called perjury.

malditako
24th August 2010, 15:54
OK, so you may think I am splitting hairs, but if one is going to think that a Filipino with dual nationality might lie about being married in another country, how about a Filipino who has lived in another country, or say were employed as a seaman, etc., should they get a CNI from every country they have visited to ensure they are not married anywhere else.

I cannot imagine that because a UK citizen may have lived in another country that he/she would be asked for a CNI from that / those countries,if they were getting married in UK.

The law in UK (and I assume anywhere else, including RP) covers misleading/false statements when applying for a marriage licence, its called perjury.

if a filipino who live elsewhere were about to get married and were asked for CNI where to du think they will get it?...its still in phils not where they have worked or live...but since the topic person holds dual nationality he was asked to do the same.

when we were at the consul uk embassy in manila there's a couple who is applying for CNI one is brit and one is a filipina who holds a british passport...they were both required a CNI to get married in philippines and another CNI for filipina from NSO even though she was in UK for a long time...

johncar54
24th August 2010, 16:14
if a filipino who live elsewhere were about to get married and were asked for CNI where to du think they will get it?...its still in phils not where they have worked or live...but since the topic person holds dual nationality he was asked to do the same.

when we were at the consul uk embassy in manila there's a couple who is applying for CNI one is brit and one is a filipina who holds a british passport...they were both required a CNI to get married in philippines and another CNI for filipina from NSO even though she was in UK for a long time...

But I don't think we are on the same wave length.

You quote a 'Filipino who lives elsewhere' but if that person had a passport (nationality) for that country surely they would expect to be treated as a person who has that nationality, not as a Filipino, unless they choose to use that ID.

My Filipino wife is applying for Spanish Nationality. When it is granted she will be Spanish (as well as Filipino) and entitled to be treated as Spanish. She will not need a visa to visit UK or Gibraltar for example, unless she wanted to enter as a Filipino. If she visits any other country using her Spanish passport she will be treated as Spanish. That would include RF. If she entered on her Spanish Passport she would be subject to the rules applying to Foreigners.

In your second paragraph you refer to a dual nationality person. You say one was British the other held a UK passport. I do not think that the dual nationality person was obliged to behave as if they were not a Filipino unless that was the ID they were choosing to use. Had they said they were Filipino, as you say they were (British as well) I would be surprised if they could not proceed as a Filipino.

If every one who had dual nationality had to comply with the rules appertaining to both countries what would be the point of holding the second nationality?

bher
24th August 2010, 16:15
u know wat puppylove here in the philippines the judge wont conduct a marriage ceremony if your documents for wedding are not complete.. u have to apply first for the CNI to the british embassy or to the british consul office.. then the one who applied for that CNI have to wait for 21 days i guess because they will post it in their board and the consul will tell you wen will u going back.. u r blaaahh bllaaahhh, and want to marry blllaaahhh bbllaahhh and u live in blaaahhh blaaahhh... bcoz the embassy will check in UK if ur partner is still married/ divorce or single.. then aftr few weeks consul/embassy will release the CNI and make sure that u have SINGLENESS( i forgot wat exactly u call that) which come from NSO.. that will be the time u go to Munucipal/city hall and ask for other decuments that will be needed...

stevie c
24th August 2010, 16:39
if you get your cni here in the uk at your local registrar then when you get to the british embassy in manila you can exchange the cni for the legal capacity to marry the same day you only have to wait 21 days if you apply for your cni at the british embassy in manila so well worth getting your cni here in the uk before you arrive in the phils :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Puppylov
25th August 2010, 11:48
My friend has got the Cni from Uk already now is there anyway he can transfer it to the local one without having to go? Or can someone go for him.....Do u think if he told the embassy the whole exact truth do u think the emebassy would help? or would he just be penalised? Its not like it was his intention to do it this way he just kinda went along with what he was told

-sillybilly-
26th August 2010, 12:17
Shouldnt the judge will be looking for those documents before he/she wed the couple? Local CNI can only be applied by the applicant itself and no one else. But he can get it on his own, no need to bring the fiancee. get all the necessary paperworks and re marry again and make sure it gets registered at the NSO.
Its always best to get things sorted and in proper way to avoid waste of money and effort.

If hes got a dual citizenship, he can get his wife either on those nationalities. his wife can apply for spouse visas if he uses the british citizenship or she can apply for dependant visa if he uses the Filipino citizenship. As long as they met all the requirements.

to be honest applying for dependant visa is as almost the same as spouse visa in providing the documents.

somebody
28th August 2010, 02:04
But I don't think we are on the same wave length.

You quote a 'Filipino who lives elsewhere' but if that person had a passport (nationality) for that country surely they would expect to be treated as a person who has that nationality, not as a Filipino, unless they choose to use that ID.

My Filipino wife is applying for Spanish Nationality. When it is granted she will be Spanish (as well as Filipino) and entitled to be treated as Spanish. She will not need a visa to visit UK or Gibraltar for example, unless she wanted to enter as a Filipino. If she visits any other country using her Spanish passport she will be treated as Spanish. That would include RF. If she entered on her Spanish Passport she would be subject to the rules applying to Foreigners.

In your second paragraph you refer to a dual nationality person. You say one was British the other held a UK passport. I do not think that the dual nationality person was obliged to behave as if they were not a Filipino unless that was the ID they were choosing to use. Had they said they were Filipino, as you say they were (British as well) I would be surprised if they could not proceed as a Filipino.

If every one who had dual nationality had to comply with the rules appertaining to both countries what would be the point of holding the second nationality?

But if the Judge insists on a British CNI converted to one accepted in the RP then it really doesn't matter I guess. I presuming the fact he could of married in the UK as he is a citzen there means its imperative to the Judge to ensure that he hasn't.

I do understand where your coming from though John.

Plus as the ruling Joe Blogss quoted it appears the Judge has followed that.

As we know those with the power need to be appeased:rolleyes:

PS others on this website have had there CNI sent over and taken in to be converted by a third party. But you would need to search the site for the actual post/s. Plus the conversion of CNI after the Wedding may cause issues..

malditako
28th August 2010, 12:01
Shouldnt the judge will be looking for those documents before he/she wed the couple? Local CNI can only be applied by the applicant itself and no one else. But he can get it on his own, no need to bring the fiancee. get all the necessary paperworks and re marry again and make sure it gets registered at the NSO.
Its always best to get things sorted and in proper way to avoid waste of money and effort.

If hes got a dual citizenship, he can get his wife either on those nationalities. his wife can apply for spouse visas if he uses the british citizenship or she can apply for dependant visa if he uses the Filipino citizenship. As long as they met all the requirements.

to be honest applying for dependant visa is as almost the same as spouse visa in providing the documents.

very true...

whether it is a judge, mayor, priest, pastor etc..they shouldn't do the wedding ceremony without the marriage license which take 10 days before it can be release and in order to apply for that they need to present/submit necessary paper works.

johncar54
28th August 2010, 12:29
Sorry but I have become confused here.

The basis of the first question has been lost it seems. I will thus bow out from trying to help.

Maybe the original poster can repeat the question in anew post, setting out the full facts of what happened.

tomboo
16th September 2010, 13:51
he can have it done without being there,

this is a reply to an email i sent to the British Embassy in Manila

You can ask the Embassy in Riyadh to send us a fax or e-mail of your original documents that they have seen. However, we will be needing to see your fiance's original documents here at the Embassy. Please take not that your fiance's birth certificate has to be from the NSO.

Best Regards,
Michelle
Consular Section

In addition the other option was to post them to her to take to the Embassy herself

-sillybilly-
16th September 2010, 17:18

right, so it says here that the marriage took place without any paperwork, which one of it is the Local CNI, marriage licence!

The guy should have done it before the judge wed the couple. So what i can see here, they got married and later on the judge will put the certain date on the marriage licence when all the paperwork is done. Ive heard of this and we were actually offered but refused to do it as it really sounds dodgy!

So the problem now is that the husband is in the UK and couldnt get a local CNI in the philippines because of his work and gathering the documents for his wife's visa application.

There is no way that the British embassy would give a local CNI in behalf of the applicant. He needs to go back to the Philippines and get one in person. And besides it is going to be a big question why the couple got married without providing the Local CNI. The Judge could get sacked by doing this!

Now its gonna end up that the wedding was useless which means that the couple is not legally married.

- No Local CNI
- No Marriage Licence
- No NSO Marriage Licence

I guess they have to do it again according to the Philippine Law im afraid.