PDA

View Full Version : Is Dublin Skylon Hotel in Ireland Legit?

dennie
18th August 2010, 10:54
Hi there everyone!! Would like to seek your help with regards to this matter. I saw a job posting in the internet looking for workers and one job opening in it I believe is best suited for me.

My fiance have tried to call the number to check it and yes someone answered the phone call. I just wanna ask help from you guys if I should pursue with my application since I am afraid of being scammed.

Another thing would like to ask...Is there anyone who can help my fiance get a job? He is currently unemployed which makes things hard for us to come and see each other due to that certain requirement of his capability to sponsor me. He is looking for a job each day but sad to say there is none that calls him.. Please please i need your help.. I know in this matter I can help in ways that I can. He knows I would do anything just to make things happen for us for I love him so much. I would move mountains for us to be together and that is also what he is doing..

Guys, please please we needed help. Thank you and god bless!

Bluebirdjones
18th August 2010, 13:33
Looks a total SCAM to me ....

see .... http://www.jobspace.co.in/job/technicians,_electricians,__drivers,_software--hardware_engineers,__elect_engineer,_auto_engineer/448175

... and these jobs are featured on numerous other job websites.

What gives it away ?
1. Look at the address .... Drumcondra Road, Dublin Ireland
United Kingdom..... Ireland is IRELAND ...... not the United Kingdom.
Elementary error for a Nigerian scammer

2. The HRM Manager ...... Sir Chirr Rouchael
Who the hell employs a "Sir" to be the HRM manager ?????

3. the jobs on offer ..... Skilled worker, Dental asst.....Drivers, Software/Hardware Engineers
Why does a non-descript poxy hotel on the outskirts of Dublin require these type of skills ????

SCAM SCAM SCAM

... the next step will be them asking for a copy of your passport / birth certificate etc etc for identity fraud,
or asking you to pay for the visa, flight etc etc ... and you'll be re-imbursed when u arrive.

BBJ

dennie
18th August 2010, 15:41
thanks bluebirdjones for helping me out! here is the actual link of the job posting...with your reply i was able to stop myself from replying to another form he has sent me.

http://www.jobofmine.com/job/view/id/63513062/post_id/63513092 this is the actual link of the job posting. thanks!

aromulus
18th August 2010, 17:18
8-10k Euro per month....????

For hotel worker....???:Erm:

:laugher::laugher::laugher:

Dedworth
18th August 2010, 17:35
Must be a top hotel the Dentist has an assistant :D

johncar54
18th August 2010, 19:57
Internet search shows details as below. Why not call or email and confirm, although it is probably a scam.

Dublin Skylon Hotel,
Upper Drumcondra Rd.,
Drumcondra,
Dublin 9,
Ireland

Phone: +353 (0)1 884 3900
Fax: +353 (0)1 837 2778 l
Email: reservations@dublinskylonhotel.com

rani
18th August 2010, 20:07
8-10k Euro per month....????

For hotel worker....???:Erm:

:laugher::laugher::laugher:

and no work experience required!!!! hmmmmm... interesting!!! :Cuckoo:

joebloggs
18th August 2010, 20:34
thanks bluebirdjones for helping me out! here is the actual link of the job posting...with your reply i was able to stop myself from replying to another form he has sent me.

http://www.jobofmine.com/job/view/id/63513062/post_id/63513092 this is the actual link of the job posting. thanks!

the fact is , they would need to advertise the job in the UK, and any suitable British or European would have to be offered the job first, before they could offer it to anyone outside Europe, and with many people losing their jobs in Europe, you've got little chance of being offered the job :NoNo:

also look at the contact email address Dublinskyhotel@topservice.com, why is the email address not somebody@dublinskylonhotel.com as they have thier own domain(dublinskylonhotel.com) ??

Dedworth
18th August 2010, 20:49
the fact is , they would need to advertise the job in the UK, and any suitable British or European would have to be offered the job first, before they could offer it to anyone outside Europe, and with many people losing their jobs in Europe, you've got little chance of being offered the job :NoNo:

also look at the contact email address Dublinskyhotel@topservice.com, why is the email address not somebody@dublinskylonhotel.com as they have thier own domain(dublinskylonhotel.com) ??

Elementary My Dear Watson

dennie
18th August 2010, 23:17
well i guess this is really a scam...as i have mentioned everyone my fiance called the number that was given in that job posting and someone answered it but he was asked to call back again after 15 minutes..lol i guess that man was shocked to know that someone will be contacting him :)

but this made me even sad knowing that people are loosing there job over there...it means there would be a lesser chance for me to see my fiance for at least once :cwm3: ... i only wish one thing in this life..that is to see him... at the moment he is jobless and does not have any savings which makes things difficult for us.... **broken heart** i feel so sad about this.. :cwm3:

johncar54
19th August 2010, 08:21
I just sent an email to the hotel
informing them of the scam, so that they can take whatever action they may think appropriate.

Dedworth
19th August 2010, 09:15
informing them of the scam, so that they can take whatever action they may think appropriate.

:icon_lol:No doubt the hotel will take some serious legal action against the blokes in Lagos

dennie
19th August 2010, 10:42

hello johncar! thank you for doing this :) did you reported it to the real hotel?? i have researched that dublin skylon hotel ireland does not exists in that way... there are other dubline skylon hotel ireland. :)

johncar54
19th August 2010, 12:42
I sent it to the hotel at:-

Upper Drumcondra Road
Dublin 9, Co. Dublin, Ireland
01 884 3900

siennabanana
30th August 2010, 21:21
Hi! I just encountered this email address and was told that my visa is almost approved (I applied 3 weeks ago). I just wanna ask, if any of you guys, can confirm that this Dublin Hotel or Sir Chirr is legit or a scam?

Thank you so much!

johncar54
5th September 2010, 10:30
I sent the report on 19th Aug re the scam to:_

reservations@l.com<reservations@dublinskylonhotel.com>;

I just checked, I did not get any reply.

I therefore called 0035318843900

THEY CONFIRM THIS IS A SCAM and that they get maybe 20 calls/emails a day.

ghee101
20th September 2010, 07:44
dennie, we kinda have the same situation. VERY SAME actually :Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

i think we should get connected. im browsing some ads and newspapers now too. mark got me some links from there. those we tried who are advertising on google and here in PH are really suspicious.

i'll make a thread for the links. please help us by checking them out, guys.

tomboo
20th September 2010, 08:34
i think everyone on this site should show interest all at the same time. we should just play along a little with them, could be a laugh, im pplying as we speak, im going to ask them if they can help me with fake qualifications

rani
20th September 2010, 09:55
i think everyone on this site should show interest all at the same time. we should just play along a little with them, could be a laugh, im pplying as we speak, im going to ask them if they can help me with fake qualifications

hmmm.. nice thinking :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ghee101
20th September 2010, 10:26
hmmm.. nice thinking :xxgrinning--00xx3:

entrapment?? :Erm::Erm::Erm:

dennie
21st September 2010, 14:09
more of getting out cash to those interested to apply for they know this is not an english person. my boyfriend called this Sir Chirr and told me that this guy sounded like some sort of a Indian. LOL

johncar54
21st September 2010, 14:16
Sorry but I have lost the thread of this thread.

Wasn't it:- "Is Dublin Skylon Hotel in Ireland Legit? "

ankurdutta
7th October 2010, 05:43
Hello,

I just shot off a couple of emails to their websites registrar and DSN managers legal contacts to take this website down or face a class action lawsuit with the possibility of being featured in lawsuit invitations in newspapers and online as a co-defendant. Let see how it goes. :Sex:

ankurdutta
7th October 2010, 16:56
***UPDATE***

The emails I shot off worked... below is what he sent me now

Attention Applicant

With regards to the notice which was passed to you about issuing of employment interview form to you, up till today we have not received any update concerning the error we are receiving on our previous emails

Henceforth due to network challenges, we can not be able to correspond with you on this email dublinskyhotel@topservice.com further more you are directed to forward your last correspondence email with us to dublinskyhotels@topservice.com this notice will be a call to inform you that if you have emailed us on our previous email kindly forward it back to us on our new email, kindly email the latest email from our side to you on this email address dublinskyhotels@topservice.com I will be waiting so as to proceed with immediate effect

All correspondence shall be coming from this email henceforth

Sir Chirr
HRD Dublin Skylon Hotel
+447045743244
+447024065702

The "Technical" difficulty is his servers being shot down by his registrar I suspects.. Now on with the next one.

chrycefilipinou
28th November 2010, 18:15
Hi everyone, such instigators of employment scam should rot in jail...they just dont know how to make a fair living without hassling other's life...

Arthur Little
29th November 2010, 21:03
Hi everyone, such instigators of employment scam should rot in jail...they just dont know how to make a fair living without hassling other's life...

It's not that they don't know ... they just don't care! :cwm23:

todaytourism
24th December 2010, 08:05
Looks a total SCAM to me ....

see .... http://www.jobspace.co.in/job/technicians,_electricians,__drivers,_software--hardware_engineers,__elect_engineer,_auto_engineer/448175

... and these jobs are featured on numerous other job websites.

What gives it away ?
1. Look at the address .... Drumcondra Road, Dublin Ireland
United Kingdom..... Ireland is IRELAND ...... not the United Kingdom.
Elementary error for a Nigerian scammer

2. The HRM Manager ...... Sir Chirr Rouchael
Who the hell employs a "Sir" to be the HRM manager ?????

3. the jobs on offer ..... Skilled worker, Dental asst.....Drivers, Software/Hardware Engineers
Why does a non-descript poxy hotel on the outskirts of Dublin require these type of skills ????

SCAM SCAM SCAM

... the next step will be them asking for a copy of your passport / birth certificate etc etc for identity fraud,
or asking you to pay for the visa, flight etc etc ... and you'll be re-imbursed when u arrive.

BBJ

Thanks for informing us about it...t will serve as warning to us...especially this hjoliday season people love to travel...^_^

Find and book cheap hotels (http://www.todaytourism.com/) worldwide! | All about New Zealand Tourism (http://www.nz-tourism.com/)