PDA

View Full Version : A short week and then I'm off east again on Thursday

Englishman2010
15th August 2010, 20:10
Only 3 days at work this week, then I'm bound for Manila again on Thursday. The 19 and half hour flight and transit will be worth it when I touch down at NAIA again on Friday afternoon. At least I'm going with Emirates again this time, and the 2 hour 40 mins transit in Dubai is nice and short.
I'm really looking forward to going back for the third time this year, and even more excited about seeing my new mahal on Friday evening. It's off to Singapore and Malaysia for a few days next week, before heading back to Manila next Friday.

raynaputi
15th August 2010, 20:12
:Jump: Have fun Ian! :Jump:

joebloggs
15th August 2010, 20:13
:xxgrinning--00xx3:
do you need anyone to carry your cases :icon_sorry:
19 1/2 hrs :Erm:, maybe not then , cant you fly KLM or Singapore instead :D

Englishman2010
15th August 2010, 20:26
I will do thanks Rayna, no worries about that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

19.5 hours is about right Joe, 7.5 hours to Dubai, 2.5 ish in transit and the just over 9 from Dubai to Manila. KLM are about the same if you get a bad transit wait in Amsterdam. Singapore don't fly from Birmingham unfortunately. I'm Ok with my case thanks, I have learned to travel light, I've managed to get it down to 14 kgs this time:) Mainly because my limit on my Cebu Pac flight to Singapore is 15 Kgs

joebloggs
15th August 2010, 20:30
:bigcry: ok, maybe next time :rolleyes:
as long as your not using an arab airline :NoNo:

have a great time thou, i'm sure you will, 3rd trip hey, reminds me when i use to go 3 times a year, 1 * 2wk, and 2 * 1wk those 1wkones were :cwm3:

Steve.r
15th August 2010, 20:37
Have a great one buddy. Excited yet ???? I think SO :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I just booked up too, I go to Phils on the 3rd September, return on the 23rd. I got on Royal Brunei for £545, good flight times and minimal stops. Can't wait.
My Mahal is back home in Phils now, we just set up her webcam this afternoon and she looks great (as normal). Guess what? I am excited too!!!! :Jump::Jump::Jump::xxaction-smiley-047

Englishman2010
15th August 2010, 20:39
I'll give you a shout when I go in December Joe:xxgrinning--00xx3: You'll be pleased to know I am going with KLM then, but via HK for a 4 day stay over the New Year. What's your issue with the Arab airlines? I'm not a fan of Gulf or Qatar, but I've never had any complaints about Emirates.
I week trips over there are a killer, I went to Singapore for 7 days last September, it's not long enough to recover from the jetlag. I normally manage to go for at least 2 weeks at a time. As I take my laptop and manage to do a little bit of work over there, I can get away with a few extra days holiday each year :D

Englishman2010
15th August 2010, 20:42
Have a great one buddy. Excited yet ???? I think SO :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I just booked up too, I go to Phils on the 3rd September, return on the 23rd. I got on Royal Brunei for £545, good flight times and minimal stops. Can't wait.
My Mahal is back home in Phils now, we just set up her webcam this afternoon and she looks great (as normal). Guess what? I am excited too!!!! :Jump::Jump::Jump::xxaction-smiley-047

That's great news Steve:xxgrinning--00xx3: I know you will have a fantastic trip too. You got a good deal on your flights this late in the day. ....and Yep, I am really excited, how could you tell :D

Steve.r
15th August 2010, 20:50
....and Yep, I am really excited, how could you tell :D

Yeah, I'm good like that :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Doc Alan
15th August 2010, 20:59
Great news on one thread ! "Englishman" (Ian) and Steve.r :
Maligayang paklalakbay kaibigan :xxgrinning--00xx3:(Have a good trip ...but you shouldn't need me to translate!:icon_lol:)

Englishman2010
15th August 2010, 21:35
Thanks Doc, as I said on FB, my Tagalog is not that advanced yet, but I do have a good teacher now:D

rani
16th August 2010, 05:27
have a safe journey ian :Jump:

mikey73
16th August 2010, 06:56
have a safe and fun trip :), i go on the 5th sept (3 weeks) :Jump:

mjwoz
16th August 2010, 11:26
have a safe trip...enjoy and have fun:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Englishman2010
16th August 2010, 11:48
Thanks Rani, Mikey and mjwoz:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have a great trip yourself Mikey. Where are you heading to?

mikey73
16th August 2010, 12:31
Thanks Rani, Mikey and mjwoz:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have a great trip yourself Mikey. Where are you heading to?

hi ian, thank you. i will be in manila, tacloban(to meet minie's parents) and boracay. will be in the philippines for just over 2 weeks.

Arthur Little
16th August 2010, 12:49
Only 3 days at work this week, then I'm bound for Manila again on Thursday. The 19 and half hour flight and transit will be worth it when I touch down at NAIA again on Friday afternoon. At least I'm going with Emirates again this time, and the 2 hour 40 mins transit in Dubai is nice and short.
I'm really looking forward to going back for the third time this year, and even more excited about seeing my new mahal on Friday evening. It's off to Singapore and Malaysia for a few days next week, before heading back to Manila next Friday.

Have a great time on your travels, Ian ... you deserve it after all you've gone through lately, my friend! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
16th August 2010, 13:14

You TOO, Steve! :xxgrinning--00xx3: September 3 ... same date as ME ... a couple of years ago!!

Arthur Little
16th August 2010, 13:19
have a safe and fun trip :), i go on the 5th sept (3 weeks) :Jump:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... and YOU also, Mikey. Wow ... that's THREE of my friends ... ALL going to the Phils within as many weeks!!!

Englishman2010
16th August 2010, 16:14
Have a great time on your travels, Ian ... you deserve it after all you've gone through lately, my friend! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3: I always do enjoy myself in the Phil's, but this time I have a feeling the company I will be keeping will be a lot kinder to my pocket

Englishman2010
16th August 2010, 16:16
hi ian, thank you. i will be in manila, tacloban(to meet minie's parents) and boracay. will be in the philippines for just over 2 weeks.

You should have a great time Mikey. I'm not sure what the weather will be like in Sept, I was chatting to a friend in Boracay at the weekend and she said it has been quite wet for the last few weeks. Hopefully, you will get some good weather to enjoy the spectacular beaches there. Make sure you have a day at Puka Beach:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
16th August 2010, 16:27
You should have a great time Mikey. I'm not sure what the weather will be like in Sept, I was chatting to a friend in Boracay at the weekend and she said it has been quite wet for the last few weeks. Hopefully, you will get some good weather to enjoy the spectacular beaches there. Make sure you have a day at Puka Beach:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks ian,yeah puka beach is on our list to do. as for the weather i am sure it will be ok(as i was brought up on the north east coast of scotland i'm sure it will be better than i am use to). enjoy your trip:)

laurel
16th August 2010, 16:55
Good luck Ian, have a great trip ...........:)

stevewool
16th August 2010, 18:10
wow well ian the time has come so quick, you have a great time mate, enjoy all you can:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
16th August 2010, 18:14
:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... and YOU also, Mikey. Wow ... that's THREE of my friends ... ALL going to the Phils within as many weeks!!!

hey arthur dont forget me i go to the phils on september 11th hehehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
16th August 2010, 19:41
A shame we will all be going in different directions or we could have had a great night out together :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
16th August 2010, 19:48
A shame we will all be going in different directions or we could have had a great night out together :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes steve its a shame it would of been nice to meet up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
16th August 2010, 20:19
We can always try to co-ordinate something in the future

liane
17th August 2010, 13:56
Have a safe trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th August 2010, 16:03
2right we all should meet up one day either with our partners or alone a guys weekend :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
17th August 2010, 16:10
As posted on another thread, your all welcome to my place in Cebu for a BBQ, I'll be home from work on Tuesday until the end of September!

stevie c
17th August 2010, 17:55
2right we all should meet up one day either with our partners or alone a guys weekend :xxgrinning--00xx3:

im up for that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
17th August 2010, 19:36
As posted on another thread, your all welcome to my place in Cebu for a BBQ, I'll be home from work on Tuesday until the end of September!

I would love to Ricky, unfortunately I have a packed schedule and not enough time to get down to Cebu. I've got another couple of trips planned in the next 6 months, maybe next time :)

Sim11UK
17th August 2010, 19:39
Getting jealous of your trip. Was thinking of going over in september, but early october is looking more likely now. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th August 2010, 19:49
well i would love to be over there anytime but maybe next year or later , i could have had a week in borocay mid oct but cant have the time off never mind:doh

Tonet
17th August 2010, 20:43
Philip and I will be going to Philippines too for 2 months:Yippeee::smileybigtmouth:.... seems like many member here are going to Philippines this season huh?:):airline:

Englishman2010
17th August 2010, 20:56
Philip and I will be going to Philippines too for 2 months:Yippeee::smileybigtmouth:.... seems like many member here are going to Philippines this season huh?:):airline:

Have a great time yourselves, I would love 2 months over there, but I don't think I would have a job to come back to.

I don't need an excuse like the season, I go at every opportunity :D 13-15 weeks in the UK is the max I can take without a 2 week break

Steve.r
17th August 2010, 21:06
I go at every opportunity :D 13-15 weeks in the UK is the max I can take without a 2 week break

Ian, can I come and work for you mate, you obviously get paid way too much and have way too much holiday to eat up. :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
17th August 2010, 21:13
Ian, can I come and work for you mate, you obviously get paid way too much and have way too much holiday to eat up. :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

it's efficient use of my annual holiday allowance, bank holidays, lieu days, weekends and allowing myself to be on call via e-mail/SMS whilst I am away

Steve.r
17th August 2010, 21:51
Like me I guess, I don't get paid for overtime, but I work all my saturday mornings and can generate time off in lieu. Nice and quiet in my office on saturday morning, plus the bonus of the boss going to get us huge sausage bacon and fried onion baps mid morning .Mmmm!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
17th August 2010, 21:54
the boss going to get us huge sausage bacon and fried onion baps mid morning .Mmmm!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I think I should be looking for a job at your place :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th August 2010, 11:52
hey arthur dont forget me i go to the phils on september 11th hehehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Stevie, my friend ... of course you are! :cwm24: And YOUR'E getting married out there too ... same as I did. :68711_thanx: for jogging my memory ... I hope your plans are all fitting nicely into place for the 'BIG DAY'! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th August 2010, 12:00

And YOU and Philip TOO, Tonet? :cwm24: WOW ... it's like a mass exodus!

Arthur Little
18th August 2010, 12:16
SO ... to Ian [Englishman], Steve.r, Stevie, Tonet & Philip ... and anyone else about to "invade" the Phils in the coming weeks (or months) ... have a truly marvellous time - each and every one of you!!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
18th August 2010, 20:48
SO ... to Ian [Englishman], Steve.r, Stevie, Tonet & Philip ... and anyone else about to "invade" the Phils in the coming weeks (or months) ... have a truly marvellous time - each and every one of you!!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Arthur, you're are a true gent:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
18th August 2010, 21:08
Have a good tour of duty :D

Steve.r
18th August 2010, 21:43
Thanks Arthur :)

Englishman2010
18th August 2010, 21:46
Have a good tour of duty :D

I don't think I will need the new kevlar lined underpants they are testing for the British forces in Afghanistan to prevent them from suffering groin injuries.

Another 12 hours or so and I'll be on my way to Brum Airport :D

joebloggs
18th August 2010, 21:53
Another 12 hours or so and I'll be on my way to Brum Airport :D

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
less than 10hrs i'll be heading to work :bigcry:

raynaputi
18th August 2010, 21:57
Hey Ian! Have a safe flight and enjoy! I know you're soooooo excited to be with your gf! :D

alanmf1
18th August 2010, 22:09
Have a great trip...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
18th August 2010, 22:28
Bon Voyage Ian :xxgrinning--00xx3: