PDA

View Full Version : pre marriage seminar

stevie c
15th August 2010, 19:35
Hi everyone as most of you know me & florsel are due to get married in the phils in september of this year.
Well my question is this when we apply for our marriage license we wait ten days before we receive that. In the mean time while waiting can we do the pre marriage seminar or do we need to receive the marriage license first :Erm:

aryM
16th August 2010, 06:45
Best Wishes to your marriage... you can attend the pre marriage seminar while waiting for that 10-day posting period of you marriage license application.

Sim11UK
16th August 2010, 07:28
Yes within the waiting period...Depending on your ages, you may not have to attend it? We didn't, but it seems to vary from area to area?

Are you getting married by a judge?

johncar54
16th August 2010, 15:19
I was 66 when I did the seminar.

It was mostly in Tagalog. I did not understand hardly any of it, except that I speak Spanish and thus got the odd word.

What a joke, you need the certificate (where we married everyone had have it) but the fact that you did not understand meant nothing.

Bit like take the driving test sitting in an office !!!!

stevie c
16th August 2010, 15:25
Best Wishes to your marriage... you can attend the pre marriage seminar while waiting for that 10-day posting period of you marriage license application.
thanks for the info arym:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
16th August 2010, 15:27
Yes within the waiting period...Depending on your ages, you may not have to attend it? We didn't, but it seems to vary from area to area?

Are you getting married by a judge?

thank you slim im 43 yrs & my fiancee is 29yrs yes we hope to be married by a judge :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
16th August 2010, 15:29
I was 66 when I did the seminar.

It was mostly in Tagalog. I did not understand hardly any of it, except that I speak Spanish and thus got the odd word.

What a joke, you need the certificate (where we married everyone had have it) but the fact that you did not understand meant nothing.

Bit like take the driving test sitting in an office !!!!

thanks for the confirmation john it really does seem pointless to have to attend this seminar :Erm:

johncar54
16th August 2010, 15:29
thank you slim im 43 yrs & my fiancee is 29yrs yes we hope to be married by a judge :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It must depend on where you are. In Cainta Rizal eveyone had to attend.

stevie c
16th August 2010, 15:41
It must depend on where you are. In Cainta Rizal everyone had to attend.

we are getting married in tarlac i also have heard that some couples have had to attend the seminar & some couples have not & i have also heard that you can pay a bribe fee where you can receive the certificate but do not have to attend the seminar :Erm:

Sim11UK
16th August 2010, 17:16
Well they said as we were both over 25, we didn't need to attend, though we were asked a couple of questions about HIV etc...Just be prepared to go along with it. :NEW5:

The reason I asked about the judge was, because it caused us a lot of problems...If you just want to get married in the Halls of Justice, Town Hall, when they say it wont be a problem.

There is a raffling system & they tell you what day & who will marry you.
Will post a link in a minute.

Slim :icon_lol:

Sim11UK
16th August 2010, 17:25
Here you go http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/18461-Judges-raffling?highlight=judges+raffling

Slim :Wave:

aryM
17th August 2010, 04:53
we are getting married in tarlac i also have heard that some couples have had to attend the seminar & some couples have not & i have also heard that you can pay a bribe fee where you can receive the certificate but do not have to attend the seminar :Erm:

It will depend on where you are, I've heard some things like bribing in some places. In my case here, i think we don't have to attend the seminar, all we need our personal appearance in the Social welfare Office for the Certificate, reasons are we are both of legal age (i'm 34 and he's 53), and I've known the people who are working on the certificates to. I think, the personal appearance, is all for formality reasons. :-) maybe if your wife knew some persons in the local government office maybe she could talk to them and ask for exception. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
17th August 2010, 18:17
Here you go http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/18461-Judges-raffling?highlight=judges+raffling

Slim :Wave:

thanks for the info slim im getting married in the city so im hopingwe can get married asapas im only in the phils for 4 weeks :Erm:

stevie c
17th August 2010, 18:19
It will depend on where you are, I've heard some things like bribing in some places. In my case here, i think we don't have to attend the seminar, all we need our personal appearance in the Social welfare Office for the Certificate, reasons are we are both of legal age (i'm 34 and he's 53), and I've known the people who are working on the certificates to. I think, the personal appearance, is all for formality reasons. :-) maybe if your wife knew some persons in the local government office maybe she could talk to them and ask for exception. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks mary my fiancee is 29 yrs & im 43 yrs so im hoping we wont need to attend the seminar also :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
17th August 2010, 19:27
Ok stevie just wanted to make it clear, because it can cause problems. We were in the city too, but if you are after a quick wedding in the Halls of Justice & you are happy getting married on the day they tell you, then it wont affect you.

By the way I'm Sim not Slim :laugher: Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
17th August 2010, 19:29
Ok stevie just wanted to make it clear, because it can cause problems. We were in the city too, but if you are after a quick wedding in the Halls of Justice & you are happy getting married on the day they tell you, then it wont affect you.

By the way I'm Sim not Slim :laugher: Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sorry sim the way im looking at it is the quicker i can get married the better :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
17th August 2010, 19:35
sorry sim the way im looking at it is the quicker i can get married the better :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well just go with the flow then, because that is all you can do...We changed my CNI in the morning in Manila, then caught a plane to Cagayan de Oro & straight to the Registrars in the afternoon. A productive day, with no time wasted. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mistermatty
18th August 2010, 17:31
I got married by the local Mayor in the town hall and there was NEVER any mention of having to do a senimar !!!

steve monty
13th September 2010, 01:04
Well just go with the flow then, because that is all you can do...We changed my CNI in the morning in Manila, then caught a plane to Cagayan de Oro & straight to the Registrars in the afternoon. A productive day, with no time wasted. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi there sim

I saw you got married around Cagayan De Oro, same as what i will be doing on 20th December. Did your wife get her Cenomar from the NSO in CDO or in Manila. And does this need to be shown at the consulate? As i was looking at the UK consulate website and got that impression it was.

Sim11UK
13th September 2010, 07:09
Hi there sim

I saw you got married around Cagayan De Oro, same as what i will be doing on 20th December. Did your wife get her Cenomar from the NSO in CDO or in Manila. And does this need to be shown at the consulate? As i was looking at the UK consulate website and got that impression it was.

Hi Steve
Yes she got her Cenomar from the NSO in CDO. Took her most of the day to get it, as there are big queues there, infact I think she may have had to make a couple of trips?
And yes she needs to produce her CENOMAR when you change your CNI.

Let us know how you get on, as it's interesting for others to read. Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bher
13th September 2010, 07:58
I got married by the local Mayor in the town hall and there was NEVER any mention of having to do a senimar !!!

same as me stevie.. wen we applied for marriage license never told bout seminar..

-sillybilly-
13th September 2010, 08:03
Hello there!

Based on my experience you will be asked by the Registry to undergo a pre marriage seminar as part of the requirements when applying for the marriage licence. So when you have done the seminar then thats where you have to wait for 10 days and collect your marriage licence. Pre marriage counciling or family planning is now required i think. :Erm:
Goodluck and all the best on your wedding!!

mistermatty
13th September 2010, 08:52
The only thing that is clear is theres a 50 / 50 chance of having to do a senimar !

steve monty
14th September 2010, 21:10
Hi Steve
Yes she got her Cenomar from the NSO in CDO. Took her most of the day to get it, as there are big queues there, infact I think she may have had to make a couple of trips?
And yes she needs to produce her CENOMAR when you change your CNI.

Let us know how you get on, as it's interesting for others to read. Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi Sim

Madel managed to get her CENOMAR Monday in a day, she went first thing in the morning and was able to pick up in the evening! She said it was ok when she first arrived but the NSO was getting very hectic after 30 minutes. Luckily she had an early number on the ticketing system. I have my meeting for my CNI on 29 September, so will have that in place also. Did you manage to change your CNI the same day in manila? I thought from the Embassy website it may take longer. I hope not as would rather like to get to Cagayan De Oro as quick as possible to apply for marriage licence!

Sim11UK
14th September 2010, 22:53
hi Sim

Madel managed to get her CENOMAR Monday in a day, she went first thing in the morning and was able to pick up in the evening! She said it was ok when she first arrived but the NSO was getting very hectic after 30 minutes. Luckily she had an early number on the ticketing system. I have my meeting for my CNI on 29 September, so will have that in place also. Did you manage to change your CNI the same day in manila? I thought from the Embassy website it may take longer. I hope not as would rather like to get to Cagayan De Oro as quick as possible to apply for marriage licence!

Pays to get to the NSO early :xxgrinning--00xx3: I know what the queues are like, as I've been there a couple of times. :NoNo:
Well we did change ours same day, but this was a year ago. On another thread? someone said the rules have changed & you have to go back the next day? Like you are saying. That is a real pain, if you have to spend an extra night in Manila. :NoNo:

mistermatty
15th September 2010, 12:24
just got off the phone with stevie c ....wedding plans are full steam ahead and he did NOT have to attend the pre marriage wedding ...something about him and his bride to be both being over the age of 25 :rolleyes:

-sillybilly-
15th September 2010, 12:39
just got off the phone with stevie c ....wedding plans are full steam ahead and he did NOT have to attend the pre marriage wedding ...something about him and his bride to be both being over the age of 25 :rolleyes:

Thats good then!
But when we applied for marriage licence we were asked to attend this family planning seminar, get an attendance certificate and showed it to the registry. Then thats when we had to wait for 10 days....

hmmm, theres something about being over 30's then?:Erm::Erm::Erm: :D:D