PDA

View Full Version : Advice on best way forward please:)

Neuro
20th February 2007, 19:18
Hi all,

I have recently discoverd this site, and wish i had found it years ago.

about 2 and a half years ago i met a Filipina whilst on holiday in mindanao. We started a relationship and i made an application after several visits for her to come to the uk on a Fiance visa. This visa was refuse - suprise suprise - on grounds that they doubted that we would actually marry.

I started an appeal but then withdrew it, instead i went to the philippines and we were married last year on January 22. I am now living in mindanao, we have built a house there and now have a baby.

My parents want to sponsor my wife to come to the uk and visit them. They dont wish to go to mindanao as they fear its not safe. Now having been married for a year, had a baby and living in mindanao, whats the best way of getting a tourist visa? would our previously declined visa effect this?

any thoughts are greatly recieved. God bless

Neuro
20th February 2007, 19:51
I forgot to mention that we would not be bringing our baby to the uk, she far too young and we want to make the visit a bit of a holiday. So we would not be applying for a visa for the baby.

eljean
20th February 2007, 20:56
you can actually now apply for a spousal visa and can bring your baby with you...there is the big chances you can get it easily....since you have stayed in the philippines for a year now and you have as well as a previous application but...you dont have to apply for a tourist anymore you are jus making the embassy more of confused...i wonder why you dont wanna bring your baby along with you when she can actually:Erm: anyway...make sure where you wanna settle and also you still have funds to support youreself when you go back to the uk...:Hellooo: hope it helps

baboyako
20th February 2007, 21:15
tourist visa is cheaper i guess?

anyway I imagine that if you have your own house in mindanao, they can't say you wont return so there shouldn't be too many problems? :Erm: right:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Neuro
21st February 2007, 05:04
Thanks for the info, i cant see a "spouse" visa listed on the ukvisa.gov website. Do you mean a "wife" visa, cos in the "wife" visa they talk about settlement in the uk.

We have no plans on living here, we really do just want to visit my family in the uk then home to mindanao. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
21st February 2007, 10:36
Yes you can apply her as spouse visa, you can read all the infos in Pete's SIte (http://www.british-filipino.com/application%20for%20settlement.html) !

Goodluck!

Neuro
21st February 2007, 13:56
Thanks Scot,

The spouse visa seems to be aimed at those wishing to join their husband or fiance who is settled in the ukl. I am no longer settled in the uk, I dont own or rent property or have full time employment in the uk. I dont think i would be classed as settled in the uk. I consider myself living in mindanao, and i only come to uk for short periods of tempoary work.

I cant give any evidance of being settled in the uk, or being able to support my wife here because i dont live here now. When im in the uk i stay with my family, they support me and i work with an agency. A little money goes a long way in mindanao so i have only had to work 3 months each year for a nice standard of living over there.

Am i reading things right? or am i missing the point. I wish only to bring my wife here for a holiday to meet my family.

Neuro
21st February 2007, 16:53
Just like to say thank you for the replies.

I have phoned a few places who offer advice, emailed manila and posted on a couple of sites. I think the best way forward for me really is a Tourist Visa for my wife. The crux seems to be proveing that she intends to return to the philippines after the holiday. As io said, we plan to leave our baby in the philippines, as we plan many nights in the disco here and the baby is too young (4months) to travel easily.

Im assuming that the embassey will see that we are not prepeared to abandon our child, house and business in the philippines in favour of scraping a livi9ng in the uk.... but nothing would suprise me..:Rasp:

Again thanks all, and if any one has any ideas im still here looking.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mike1
21st February 2007, 17:32
[QUOTE= This visa was refuse - suprise suprise - on grounds that they doubted that we would actually marry.

[/QUOTE]

was there a specific reason why they doubted the marriage would not take place as you had been there several times and had known each other for quite some time ?was the evidence you produced not enough?. I just find it strange you were refused.:Erm:

Neuro
22nd February 2007, 20:17
When I made my original application i work from the information provided on the Ukvisa.gov website. I didnt take professional advice, i simplay interpertaed the information myself.

I thougth that we could get the fiance visa, andthat we would have to marry within six months of her arrival. I took that to mean that we could plan the wedding together here on her arrival. I wanted my wife to choose the place where we would be married. I wanted her to be involved in the process.

Unfortunatly, the visa was declined, because we did not have a wedding booked. However it does not clearly say that an applicant should have the wedding completely arranged.

I was going to appeal, but decided that it was cheaper, quicker and easier to just marry in the phils.

I can understand the embassy being strict, its in the interest of the uk to be careful about visa, and to be concerened about sham marriages.

What is annoying is that this Labour goverment has failed massiely on immagraton. The system is quiet unfair, some contries like the phil are very strict, some like nigeria are far too relaxed. Immagrant overflow is a hughe problem, with many migrant workerscoming to the uk, who dont marry, invest or intergrate. Its makes me sad that the ones who want to live, have family and become uk citizens are excluded.

:doh

andypaul
22nd February 2007, 20:56
If you write a good supporting letter demostraing how you work 3 months and spend 9 months in phill. That you have propety in phill and ties ie baby family. Its worth applying it seems that you need to satisfy the eco your wife has no intention of living in uk.

any evidence you have of your work pattern should help i guess.

do remeber a good supporting letter should help enligthen the eco to your plans dont just leave it to the visa form