PDA

View Full Version : indian cuisine

Mich
20th February 2007, 12:35
can anybody here help me out with the indian cuisine? i am dating someone who loves it. he wanted to take me to an indian resto... i dont want to look stupid or make a faux pas... :Erm: :Erm: :Erm:

eljean
20th February 2007, 12:46
much of spicy food....it what bombay mans like....:D

Mich
20th February 2007, 12:52
spicy hot or spicy flavorful?

scotsfiancee
20th February 2007, 13:17
More in Ginger, curry leaves and powder............ waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

fish lover :Erm:

Mich
20th February 2007, 13:31
so the food isnt good?

scotsfiancee
20th February 2007, 13:38
Do a search bout indian foods then it will give you an idea what food u like to be serve.

I like more in thai than indian foods.

Here are some of Indian Foods (http://asiarecipe.com/india.html)

Mich
20th February 2007, 13:45
thanks scots. ill surf the web for that. but i do hope someone here in the forum can help me out. someone who lke indian food...

joebloggs
20th February 2007, 14:32
:mad: :Wine: :party-smiley-012: :action-smiley-082:

Louella
20th February 2007, 17:29
can anybody here help me out with the indian cuisine? i am dating someone who loves it. he wanted to take me to an indian resto... i dont want to look stupid or make a faux pas... :Erm: :Erm: :Erm:

Hello Mitch,
My husband loves Indian food too especially chicken vindaloo coz it's very hot & pilau rice. He keeps telling me to learn to cook indian cuisine but for me it's too fattening. I'm just glad there's indian takeaway just near us who's been serving my husband for more than 20 yrs. now.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ingat,
Louella

baboyako
20th February 2007, 19:42
Filipinos don't like spicy food so you need to go careful.

for starter stick to a samoso, pakora or onion bahji that is very lightly spiced.

for main course get a mild biriani (dish is cooked with the rice), or a mild curry (korma) plus rice. you can get bread too (naan or paratha). its ok to eat with your hands.

the easy option is to order a thali, which will be a selection of foods, rice & bread. usually there is meat or veg option.

sometimes you need to be careful of the food because it contains things you shouldn't eat, like cloves, bay leaves & woody stems.

to drink order a lassi, this is like sour yogurt but tastes good. they will always have this even if its not on the menu.

so in summary, just ask for a thali. if they say they don't do it, just them to make a dish for you like a thali :xxgrinning--00xx3: very easy :D

fontain
21st February 2007, 13:59
For me, I like to contrast the flavours,

A nice spicy curry, say a lamb madras with a mushroom rice and a peshwari naan bread which is a bread stuffed with coconut and sultanas
So you can dip a sweet bread into a spicy curry, a winning combo in my book

But my missus wasnt too keen on the real spicy stuff and was more happy with a Biriyani or pieces of chicken tikka, rice (obviously) and the side dishes

Saag paneer is a good side dish, spinach & cheese (sometimes served with cream depending on where you go) also Saag aloo which is spinach & potatoes

But most importantly all needs to be washed down with a large bottle of Cobra beer and finished off with an after 8

:D

baboyako
21st February 2007, 20:22
Mmm:D thats making me hungry now :Rasp:

Stuffed naan is not my thing at all, dosa is one of my favorites & i bet ideal for filipinos.
The okra dishes, either as a curry, or as a veg side dish is :luv4:

beer :Beer: in all forms :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mich
22nd February 2007, 12:35
Filipinos don't like spicy food so you need to go careful.

for starter stick to a samoso, pakora or onion bahji that is very lightly spiced.

for main course get a mild biriani (dish is cooked with the rice), or a mild curry (korma) plus rice. you can get bread too (naan or paratha). its ok to eat with your hands.

the easy option is to order a thali, which will be a selection of foods, rice & bread. usually there is meat or veg option.

sometimes you need to be careful of the food because it contains things you shouldn't eat, like cloves, bay leaves & woody stems.

to drink order a lassi, this is like sour yogurt but tastes good. they will always have this even if its not on the menu.

so in summary, just ask for a thali. if they say they don't do it, just them to make a dish for you like a thali :xxgrinning--00xx3: very easy :D
hi baboyako... i have no problems with spicy food. i grew up in a place where almost all dishes have chili on it. but then thanks for that advice... ill try to see if those dishes are on the menu when i go out on a date with this guy.

Mich
22nd February 2007, 12:38
i watched a documentary on tv last night about indian. i saw indians eat some sort of bread with their hands..also rice. i have no problems withe eating with hands... but what is that bread???

fontain
22nd February 2007, 13:51
That is Naan Bread, Indian bread cooked in a clay oven

You get plain naan
Peshwari Naan (stuffed with coconut & Sultana)
Keema Naan (stuffed with meat)
Garlic Naan
and Cheese naan

Mich
23rd February 2007, 07:39
thanks fontain. i'll remember that...

tiger@tigress
23rd February 2007, 08:45
:cwm23: :cwm23: I had Indian food when im in HK and i promise myself i will never ever enter Indian restaurant again :cwm23: :cwm23: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

ervenescence
23rd February 2007, 11:31
We are more in a takeaway than eating in an indian restaurant. So far i like chicken passanda, chicken tandoori, and the peshawari.. (sweet)

baboyako
23rd February 2007, 19:25
:cwm23: :cwm23: I had Indian food when im in HK and i promise myself i will never ever enter Indian restaurant again :cwm23: :cwm23: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

there is a good place there in HK called ginga dins, I used to go there a lot. all the places in LKF are pangit :cwm23::doh

aromulus
28th February 2007, 07:03
Indian Cuisine......

I wish I could say that I found something that I like amongst the many dishes I tried over the years. To me personally, everything tastes of curry. I usually end up in indian restaurants 3/4 times a year, in different parts of the UK, due to the fact that my work colleagues love the stuff. And invariably I end up pebbledashing the bog.... By preference I would have chinese nearly every day. Where you can recognise the various flavours, even if smothered in chilly oil.
Don't let me put you off. Go ahead and try, you might like it.

5olidsnake
28th February 2007, 22:03
i would recommend my favorite a nice chicken jalfrezi (hot with a delicious taste of peppers & chillies) boiled rice and garlic naan

or if your vegetarian saag paneer (mentioned above)

try this website (http://www.eatanddrink.co.uk/menu/indian/indian_menu.asp)

bye martin
sarap sarap, im in the mood for a take away now

Mich
3rd March 2007, 15:35
thanks guys for the advice... i had a great time at the indian resto he took me. i really liked the food...