PDA

View Full Version : Is UK Papparazi full of Gaga??

sars_notd_virus
6th August 2010, 12:43
I'm having a problems with UK newspapers,cant seem to find any proper news from them....
mostly speculation,celebrity hype,opinionated favoritism(politics) and loads of adverts ..

:readingpapers::readingpapers::readingpapers:

a perfect example is about the former president of Liberia and Naomi Campbell:Erm::Cuckoo:

stevewool
6th August 2010, 13:42
i dont read the papers full of what you just said,:xxgrinning--00xx3: rubbish

sparky
6th August 2010, 14:28
one of my first reads in the morning is always the BBC news website

been doing it for years now- started when i lived in thailand to catch up with stuff back home.

definatly beats the NOTW and the SUn etc

Pete/London
6th August 2010, 14:34
I'm having a problems with UK newspapers,cant seem to find any proper news from them....
mostly speculation,celebrity hype,opinionated favoritism(politics) and loads of adverts ..

a perfect example is about the former president of Liberia and Naomi Campbell:Erm::Cuckoo:

All news is opinionated, try the telegraph or financial times:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
6th August 2010, 14:36
i dont read the papers full of what you just said,:xxgrinning--00xx3: rubbish

I agree :icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
6th August 2010, 14:40
one of my first reads in the morning is always the BBC news website

yea,am doing that too but can't manage to turn on the laptop straight away when i woke up in the morning lolz

All news is opinionated, try the telegraph or financial times:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ok yeah,ive switch on reading Cosmo now (''cheaper than an ice cream and calorie free:D:Rasp:)

KeithD
6th August 2010, 14:45
Stick to the Racing Post... no soap, models, or any crap :)

bornatbirth
6th August 2010, 15:29
daily sport for me, a very good read :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
6th August 2010, 17:48
The Daily Mail takes a lot of beating even though the articles frequently have me reaching for the sick bag :D

aromulus
6th August 2010, 18:04
daily sport for me, a very good read :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I knew it...!!!!!!!!:doh

You like the pictorial side of the media.....:laugher:

Arthur Little
6th August 2010, 19:47

:iagree:, Mari ... many of our National tabloids tend to be full of all the crap - not to mention "sensationalism" - you mention ... rather than proper newsworthy articles. :rolleyes: Here, in Tayside [which includes Perth] and Fife, we are fortunate in having a more (dare I say?) wholesome daily paper called 'The Courier' ... which is published in Dundee, 6 days a week - except Sundays - covers all local (and MOST major national) items of interest, and only costs around 40p.

Dedworth
6th August 2010, 19:58
:iagree:, Mari ... many of our National tabloids tend to be full of all the crap - not to mention "sensationalism" - you mention ... rather than proper newsworthy articles. :rolleyes: Here, in Tayside [which includes Perth] and Fife, we are fortunate in having a more (dare I say?) wholesome daily paper called 'The Courier' ... which is published in Dundee, 6 days a week - except Sundays - covers all local (and MOST major national) news items and only costs around 40p.

Arthur I see that's from the D C Thompson stable - publishers of the greatest comic in the world The Beano.

Is the Courier doing a "have you spotted this man" competition in respect of the late unlamented Prime Minister ? He must be hiding away up there somewhere :)

Arthur Little
6th August 2010, 20:03

a perfect example is about the former president of Liberia and Naomi Campbell:Erm::Cuckoo: ...

... the "Gutter Press", :readingpapers: in other words!!!

aromulus
6th August 2010, 20:09
Gutter press or not, anyone would be very grateful to read one if stuck waiting for ages for a doctors appointment or at a train station, or waiting for the mrs to come out from shopping...:doh

Arthur Little
6th August 2010, 20:16
Arthur I see that's from the D C Thompson stable - publishers of the greatest comic in the world The Beano.

Yep ... you're right, mate ... D.C. Thomson & Co. ARE, indeed, the publishers of The Dandy and The Beano ... two favourite comics dating back to my earliest childhood. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Is the Courier doing a "have you spotted this man" competition in respect of the late unlamented Prime Minister ? He must be hiding away up there somewhere :)

Nah ... not yet. :NoNo: He seems to be maintaining a low profile since being turfed out of Number 10!

bornatbirth
6th August 2010, 23:04

would you like me to post links of the daily sport instead of the daily mail :Erm: :D

Dedworth
7th August 2010, 00:15
would you like me to post links of the daily sport instead of the daily mail :Erm: :D

I'll do it :D

http://www.dailysport.co.uk/

bornatbirth
7th August 2010, 00:25
I'll do it :D

http://www.dailysport.co.uk/

now we're talking or looking :hubbahubba:

sars_notd_virus
7th August 2010, 11:01
:iagree:, Mari ... many of our National tabloids tend to be full of all the crap - not to mention "sensationalism" - you mention ... rather than proper newsworthy articles. :rolleyes:

thanks sir Art,....basically all newspapers are the same to me now (one might just report on garbage news all the time):doh

pennybarry
7th August 2010, 11:08
I just like to read classified ads and front page.:D

BBC news and Sky News are my lullabys!:omg::NEW5:

sars_notd_virus
7th August 2010, 11:08
i'm watching this sometimes ...seems ok:xxgrinning--00xx3:.... http://www.theyoungturks.com/

walesrob
7th August 2010, 13:20

He doesn't do words, only pictures :Hellooo:

Arthur Little
7th August 2010, 13:37
He doesn't do words, only pictures :Hellooo:

:Erm: ... like 'Page 3' [is it STILL that? :rolleyes:] of The Sun!? :)

KeithD
7th August 2010, 13:38
:Erm: ... like 'Page 3' [is it STILL that?:rolleyes:] of The Sun!? :)
Better in 3D :hubbahubba:

Arthur Little
7th August 2010, 13:43
Oops ... no, :NoNo: ... I've just remembered ... HIS "rag" is 'The Daily Sport' ... ah well ... :anerikke: ... it's six and half a dozen, really!!

bornatbirth
8th August 2010, 00:07
i dont really buy it :doh, but i do look if i see a copy :D

i dont buy any paper.

triple5
8th August 2010, 00:29
Hopefully someday soon printed media goes out of circulation, then this country will be a better place, when kids no longer think Jordan, Jade and all the other dumb :censored:s are something to aspire to.

I had a quick squint at the sun the other day, dear deirdres always a laugh. Some poor soul can't get it up for his missus ever since they had a night on the coke with a hooker. Now he only gets aroused if he can have a few lines and a threesome :NoNo:

hard to believe this :censored: isn't censored. Any kid could walk in to a newsagent and read that drivel.

walesrob
8th August 2010, 09:13
dear deirdres always a laugh.

I'm sure a lot of whats printed in Dear Dreary is made up, I really can't believe people are that stupid to admit in a national newspaper how dumb they really are. Lets face it, if I was caught in a dodgy threesome with 2 sheep, would I er, admit it on a forum like this. Damn, I just did :doh

KeithD
8th August 2010, 09:35
.......Lets face it, if I was caught in a dodgy threesome with 2 sheep, would I er, admit it on a forum like this.....
But that's not a story is it, the press don't deal with FACTS :D

somebody
8th August 2010, 14:02
MAny of the Broadsheets are a good read. But yeah the tabloids including the daily wail are very poor.

Like Sparky says most now use Websites and the interweb the BBC is very good:xxgrinning--00xx3: for News and newspapers are very much in the decline many only using as Dom says as a time filler when waiting around..

All i can remeber about phill papers and see in the UK is Edtorials where people drone on about how to improve Phills lot in the world (nothing wrong with that) but these sermons im guessing many regular readers must simply ignore as they seem to be much the same week in week out:rolleyes:

somebody
8th August 2010, 14:04
I'm sure a lot of whats printed in Dear Dreary is made up, I really can't believe people are that stupid to admit in a national newspaper how dumb they really are. Lets face it, if I was caught in a dodgy threesome with 2 sheep, would I er, admit it on a forum like this. Damn, I just did :doh

Im sure are most are made up by roups of people bored at work during tea breaks lol

Notavirusalso
8th August 2010, 17:55
Hopefully someday soon printed media goes out of circulation, then this country will be a better place, when kids no longer think Jordan, Jade and all the other dumb :censored:s are something to aspire to.

I had a quick squint at the sun the other day, dear deirdres always a laugh. Some poor soul can't get it up for his missus ever since they had a night on the coke with a hooker. Now he only gets aroused if he can have a few lines and a threesome :NoNo:

hard to believe this :censored: isn't censored. Any kid could walk in to a newsagent and read that drivel.

Uh oh I find myself agreeing with T5, must be time for my nap....:NEW5:

nigel
10th August 2010, 19:37
There is no law stating that you must observe the news (which is more like noise) They find all the bad things in the world with a microscope, and then amplify and dramatise it!:doh It gives us a prepostrously innacurate view of our world, and is VERY unhealthy for our minds!:doh

DON'T observe any of it!:)