PDA

View Full Version : Quick review of a cafe in Earls court

andypaul
18th February 2007, 14:24
Yesterday afternoon the Missus and I found oursleves in Earls court which i found funny as we looked round the shops but the Wife didn't see anything she needed:omg: As luckily we can get most closer to home.

Anyway we were in Kenway road and the missus as ever was hungry.

I had noticed when i had a bit of time to kill up in earls court before a businesss appoiment that a new resturant had opened up alongside lutong pinoy. Both were offering a buffet at 6 pounds something in lutong pinoy and 7 pounds something in the one nextdoor.

As there was not much difference in the price i left it up to the missus to decide, she opted on the pricer one only because there were people eating inside and the lutong pinoy was empty.

I had to quickly dash round to the cash machine while the missus got us a table. When i came back she was chating to a waitress ordering the food.
I noticed the decor was nice and clean with two rows of tables for four down each side with a tv at the rear playing TFC.
We were sitting in the table right under the TV which gave us a great view. This may not be every ones idea of fun but for my Wife who even has SkY TV on her phone its heaven.

It was decided that we would order from the Menu i ordered crispy pata, and the Wife ordered milkfish sinagong and pork barbecue!

Afther a bit of confusion (i think more to my Wife changing her mind a few times on what to have than the service) we had our drinks the wife ordered a coke and i went for the san miguel on tap which was lovely.

We were the only ones ordering a meal, all the people who came in were having the buffet. The turn over of customers while we was in there was quite amazing. People would come in grab a bite to eat and be off again as if on lunch breaks.

The food arrived very speedily and was nicely presented and the crispy pata was huggeee. Its a personal fav of mine as i like roast pork dinners in the uk since i was a kid. This tasted delicous in fact i just finished off the rest today:)
The food was up to the standard my wife expected, and fairly cheap by london prices at 29 pounds including drinks.

The service was good and polite, if you wanted to chat to the staff they were friendly, but left you alone if you just wanted to chat amongst yourselves or watch telly as was the case for the Wife.

The wife then had a mango juice which was freshly squeezed and a decent size glass for i think 1.95 (included in the 29 pounds) which is not bad for london prices.

The strange thing is next to the resturant is a grill resturant which you can walk though to at the rear of the resturant and shares the same toliets.

I would be happy to take brit friends along and the wife would take her phill friends. Im not sure but if one of the party didn't want to eat phill foods they maybe able to order form the menu next door which was grilled food and western. I was offered chips with my crispy pata, which i turned down in favour of fried rice which was very tasty, in fact i had a second cup.

The lutong pinoy next door seems to have smarten up since we went there last year, but still looked a little dark and gloomy from the outside.