PDA

View Full Version : job questions, enhanced disclosure? and office work training

\\\\ToNy////
28th July 2010, 23:32
i been out of work now since april, and im having no luck finding work in factories, ive applyed for cleaning jobs but the adverts say enhanced disclosure needed, where do i get an enhanced disclosure? and how much are they and how long do thay take, i read that i can go strait to the police station to get one? is this true,
also im thinking of getting training to work in an office ect, ive never worked in an office before so what training should i start off with and what job position should i look for once ive done the beginers training

RickyR
29th July 2010, 01:03
Unfortunately the information you've been given is wrong. You have to apply via the websites. The easiest, cheapest and quickest way to get a basic disclosure is via Scottish Disclosure (but is actually using the UK database), and many employers accept that. I've used them for airside passes in the UK.

However to get an Enhanced Disclosure CRB in the UK your employer must give you a form and reference number and you can only apply via them, you cannot apply alone. The job adverts may actually be referring to you being capable of successfully aquiring a clear Enhanced Disclosure CRB. They take around 4 weeks to process.

Websites

http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/

fred
29th July 2010, 01:34
If I was you Tony I would take night classes..A mate of mine did this in his early 40`s as he was sick of getting nowhere working in factories..He did a plumbing course and got some qualifications..He now works for British gas and earns over 50K a year servicing boilers.
I know this doesnt help you now as you need a job but try it anyway as just being around ex tradesmen at college can sometimes open doors for you..

RickyR
29th July 2010, 08:02
Fred's right you know, one of my school friends went and did a 6 week night class course in electrical testing and is working non-stop. From what I read in the papers you can get all sorts of grants and support and funding for education when your not working as a way of helping you. Hopefully your entitled to that.

somebody
8th August 2010, 17:25
To get a CRB check you could apply to help as a volunteer so they can sponsor you but of course you may need to pay. But if it gets you out of the chicken and egg issue, it maybe worth it. It will also look good on the CV doing some volunteer work:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I third the advice to see what training there is avaiable. What sort of subjects did you like at school? Office based jobs are not for all also many dont like the chained to a desk feeling.

bornatbirth
9th August 2010, 13:20
whenever you start a new job you need a new crb check done, so the last one wont count with the new employer.

joebloggs
9th August 2010, 21:51
whenever you start a new job you need a new crb check done, so the last one wont count with the new employer.

yes if your new job requires a crb check you cant use an old one, my misses had 2 crb checks in a few months, even thou both employers were the NHS :doh

somebody
15th August 2010, 21:55
Thank you chaps..

But it sounds like the people advertising want to know if you have held a CRB so maybe worth seeing if you can get? I guess depends on your circumstances..

It seems everybody tries to avoid risk whether its will the employer they take on will most likely pass a CRB. Im guessing its much quicker to check once you have already held as the big issues holding peoples CRB seems to be when someone similar in name and background who has a shady pass or some sort of issue with your records..

So even the fact you have passed a CRB but of course need one again (paid for by them) it maybe a tick in the checklist.

If i be honest if we had two very similar candidates and they needed CRB along with police and " Goverment Communications" etc clearance (most of our employees need if they may visit Customers.
If one had recently had CRB clearance it would be a major plus.

From memory the time clearance of all the various types can vary a great deal from person to person.

Alan
15th August 2010, 22:06
My CRB has just come through - 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was an employer - in the days of 'Police Checks' I could get one in less than an hour.

Progress???? Hmm.....I reserve judgement!

Al.:)

joebloggs
15th August 2010, 22:16

When I was an employer - in the days of 'Police Checks' I could get one in less than an hour.

my misses have only taken a few days, but the last one she had, her employer (an NHS Hospital) asked her could she bring in her copy, because they had occidentally threw their copy away :laugher::doh:NoNo:

RickyR
17th August 2010, 16:24
Friend of mine has just been through the highest level of security clearance called 'Developed Vetting' which has field agents following you him around for several weeks and friends + family interviewed. So glad we don't have to do all that!!!!!!

Pete/London
17th August 2010, 21:51
Friend of mine has just been through the highest level of security clearance called 'Developed Vetting' which has field agents following you him around for several weeks and friends + family interviewed. So glad we don't have to do all that!!!!!!

Are you and your friend spooks;)

RickyR
17th August 2010, 22:11
haha no i wouldn't be very good at that. Nothing that exciting.

somebody
20th August 2010, 22:24

Although I have my doubts it is more effective, I would expect detailed checks to take days possibly weeks rather than an hour!!