PDA

View Full Version : balikbayan box

ebony
28th July 2010, 07:53
Im sending a balikbayan box through LBC next month. Does anybody know if household cleaning products like window cleaner,toilet cleaner,etc. are allowed to be sent? Its just that I have a few in the cupboard coz I like buying them when they are on offer:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: so it would be nice to send them back home.How about air fresheners?body sprays?Sorry for all these silly questions,:doh:doh Thanks.....

stevewool
28th July 2010, 08:21
not to sure , i work in the parcel business and all the items you have said are hazadas so i would say no its a special carrier that carrys that stuff , but what goes in do they check??????

ebony
28th July 2010, 08:37
not to sure , i work in the parcel business and all the items you have said are hazadas so i would say no its a special carrier that carrys that stuff , but what goes in do they check??????

Thanks for the reply stevewool, im not sure if they will check whats in the box. Maybe i will not include those things that I mentioned as it may lead to complications on its way to the Philippines.Cheers..

Dedworth
28th July 2010, 11:55
I'd expect you will be OK the boxes are going surface shipment in a 40 foot container, you don't have to make a detailed declaration of what's in there (although haven't dealt with LBC).Wrap in bags and tape up in case of breakages.

James Hubbard
28th July 2010, 13:00
I would say, just check with the courier LBC, they oughtta know :)

gecko_pikachu
28th July 2010, 13:24
Im sending a balikbayan box through LBC next month. Does anybody know if household cleaning products like window cleaner,toilet cleaner,etc. are allowed to be sent? Its just that I have a few in the cupboard coz I like buying them when they are on offer:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: so it would be nice to send them back home.How about air fresheners?body sprays?Sorry for all these silly questions,:doh:doh Thanks.....

Hi Ebony,

I don't hink you're allowed to put them in the box (ie. cleaning stuffs, perfumes, air sprays etc) as they are flammables and it's very dangerous by airfreight.
But if you want to send them in a box do it by ship cargo, I can help you with that.
I normally send 3 small boxes to Philippines and you can put ANYTHING in... so you can put all your cleaning stuffs, perfumes, air sprays etc. without any hesitation.
It's 3 small boxes 24"x20"x16" for £120 anywhere in the Philippines.
So, if you're interested i'll give you the company's contact details and you can ring them up to send out to you the boxes. :)

James Hubbard
28th July 2010, 13:27
v, i think she's in the Philippines, and wants to send from within the philippines, just by LBC.

JH.

Dedworth
28th July 2010, 13:39
JH - I'd guess Ebony is in the UK & shipping it to PI

GK - Balikbayan boxes go by surface

James Hubbard
28th July 2010, 13:54
it says her location is in the Philippines ....

and ...

if it's gonna be fulfilled by LBC, that's just a Filipino company right?

mikey73
28th July 2010, 14:01
hi
the royal mail dont allow you to send aerosol sprays in any package you send with them, i added some tolietries to a package to minie and they said at the post office it can't be any aerosol's. think its due to it being sent by air.

Dedworth
28th July 2010, 14:11
My last post on the thread.

Where does the OP mention sending anything by air ?, I might be wrong but I doubt if balikbayan boxes are sent internally within the PI only from other countries to PI

James Hubbard
28th July 2010, 14:14
balik - to come back
bayan - town

balikbayan - return to town :)

doesn't need to be from abroad :)

ebony
28th July 2010, 18:29
thanks for the replies guys..im in the UK now, sorry if i did not update my location here in the forum (will do now :))
I was in the Philippine Independence Day celebration in South Wales last month and saw LBC courier advertising their rate which was £65 for a jumbo box (22x22x30). I thought it was good because they have fix rate anywhere in the Philippines. Most of the couriers I saw got different rates depending on the area of destination. My family lives in Leyte (Visayas) and most couriers charge more for this area.

James Hubbard
28th July 2010, 18:30
that's an excellent price :D

stevie c
28th July 2010, 18:34
thanks for the replies guys..im in the UK now, sorry if i did not update my location here in the forum (will do now :))
I was in the Philippine Independence Day celebration in South Wales last month and saw LBC courier advertising their rate which was £65 for a jumbo box (22x22x30). I thought it was good because they have fix rate anywhere in the Philippines. Most of the couriers I saw got different rates depending on the area of destination. My family lives in Leyte (Visayas) and most couriers charge more for this area.

Hi ebony can you send me LBC contact details please thank you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ebony
28th July 2010, 18:39
Hi Ebony,

I don't hink you're allowed to put them in the box (ie. cleaning stuffs, perfumes, air sprays etc) as they are flammables and it's very dangerous by airfreight.
But if you want to send them in a box do it by ship cargo, I can help you with that.
I normally send 3 small boxes to Philippines and you can put ANYTHING in... so you can put all your cleaning stuffs, perfumes, air sprays etc. without any hesitation.
It's 3 small boxes 24"x20"x16" for £120 anywhere in the Philippines.
So, if you're interested i'll give you the company's contact details and you can ring them up to send out to you the boxes. :)

The courier you use seems nice. I would be grateful if you could send me the details for future use. I paid £5 as deposit when I collected the LBC box from the Filipino shop so might as well use it this time. This is my first time to send a balikbayan box to the Philippines.
Thanks for the reply..

ebony
28th July 2010, 18:43
that's an excellent price :D

yep really good price although in the filipino paper it says £55. suppose im in wales thats why its more expensive?:Erm::Erm:

ebony
28th July 2010, 18:47
Hi ebony can you send me LBC contact details please thank you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hi stevie,here's the details I found on the receipt of LBC

LBC Express Ltd
London Office
30 Rugby Road
Twickenham,TW1DG
(020) 3295 2033

stevie c
28th July 2010, 18:50
hi stevie,here's the details I found on the receipt of LBC

LBC Express Ltd
London Office
30 Rugby Road
Twickenham,TW1DG
(020) 3295 2033

thank you ebony in your opinion what is the best company to use LBC or the company that venus uses:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ebony
28th July 2010, 18:55
I'd expect you will be OK the boxes are going surface shipment in a 40 foot container, you don't have to make a detailed declaration of what's in there (although haven't dealt with LBC).Wrap in bags and tape up in case of breakages.

Thanks for the reply and advise Dedworth.

James Hubbard
28th July 2010, 18:57
thats really helpful! salamat:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ebony
28th July 2010, 19:07
thank you ebony in your opinion what is the best company to use LBC or the company that venus uses:xxgrinning--00xx3:

not really sure stevie since this is my first time to send a box. i think the best thing to consider about choosing a courier is reability, that goods don't get missing. LBC attracted my attention because of the cheap and fixed rate anywhere in the Philippines but i dont know about reability.
the one that venus uses seems really interesting and she recommends it therefore she's happy with the service.

stevie c
28th July 2010, 19:08
Thanks for the info ebony:xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanp
28th July 2010, 19:35
I Looked at LBC but their Jumbo Box was smaller that the one i normally use the Lbc jumbo box is about 8 cuft where the jumbo box of Tagalog Balikbayan is 10 cu ft so you can send more

stevie c
28th July 2010, 19:37
Thanks alan any contact details available you can pass onto me so i can contact the company:xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanp
28th July 2010, 19:44
Hi Steve
tagalogbalikbayan dot com
every box i have sent arrives within 5 weeks or less they have a list of the areas they cover on their website

stevie c
28th July 2010, 19:48
Thanks for the info alan much appreciated:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gecko_pikachu
28th July 2010, 21:20
I've sent 3x of those boxes to the Philippines already and my family got them all safe and sound.
It's door to door delivery and they don't need to pay for anything.
If you need boxes according to what you choose (small, medium, large, x-large), then they'll send the empty boxes by themselves straight to your door free of charge.
You're from Visayas and one of the men was from Cebu so it's great if you're be friend with him as you both can speak Bisaya. :)
Here's their website:
http://alsomavic.webs.com/

They normally received boxes from home (Pangasinan) for 5-6 weeks whilst 4-5 weeks in Taguig (our city address).
If your boxes are ready, just contact alsomavic again and they'll collect the boxes for you.
Mind you, you better off asking more empty boxes again for further use when they collect the full ones.
At least that way, you don't need to contact them again for your next boxes, saves your time.

I'm happy with the service as I can put anything in the boxes not like LBC that they have list of prohibited items.
Otherwise, If you're more interested with LBC, here's the website:
http://www.lbcexpress.com/contents/UK/

gecko_pikachu
28th July 2010, 21:33
I reckon tagalog balikbayan (like what Alan said) seems to be alright although I've checked it and they don't cover Manchester?
I think they're more likely serving customers mainly down the South.
I'm not so sure about this.

If anyone has an idea, please let me know..
Thanks!

mike1
28th July 2010, 21:51
just sent a box with LBC £55 gets there in 6 weeks ,as far as I am aware they are not long at the boxs as its mainly remittance they do . They were giving the boxs a good sales pitch at the barrio iin Hounslow. They are the cheapest from what I came across, how reliable I have yet to find out :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
29th July 2010, 16:42
LBC have a long list of taxable items,so be careful.:yikes:

gecko_pikachu
29th July 2010, 18:37
LBC have a long list of taxable items,so be careful.:yikes:

Yes that's what I mean!
It's cheaper but I think you have to pay for the taxes and obviously, tax will cost more than the items inside.
I don't pay tax on mine so that's the good thing about it...

Ginalyn
31st July 2010, 22:28
Cheers for the info, did not know LBC had items that where taxed!

Ginalyn
21st September 2010, 20:46
I've sent 3x of those boxes to the Philippines already and my family got them all safe and sound.
It's door to door delivery and they don't need to pay for anything.
If you need boxes according to what you choose (small, medium, large, x-large), then they'll send the empty boxes by themselves straight to your door free of charge.
You're from Visayas and one of the men was from Cebu so it's great if you're be friend with him as you both can speak Bisaya. :)
Here's their website:
http://alsomavic.webs.com/

Looks like I'll be using these, Many Thanks

Dedworth
21st September 2010, 20:50
Get them away soon for Christmas

somebody
4th October 2010, 19:58
Sitting surrounded by boxes waiting to be picked up by LBC. On the tax point it doesn't matter who you send with if Phill customs decide to tax you will be taxed! Im guessing LBC are just like Fedex and DHL etc who are strict on what they carry and ensure you declare it both of who will of course pass on the tax to you if customs demand it. Im guessing thats why companies seem to come and go as im sure many decide when Customs do try and sting them for tax they just leave the box there as mentioned the tax is often more than the box is worth then promptly never use the same company again..

Im hoping this means they clear customs a tad quicker. As the box filling was watched on webcam by eager family willing the box to fill up and fly over:D