PDA

View Full Version : Briton shot dead in Cebu

gm47
16th March 2005, 13:06
Just read this report.

POLICE are probing the death of a British tourist found with a gunshot wound to his head at a hotel in Cebu City Thursday.

David Peter Goldsmith, 54, was discovered with a gunshot wound to his right temple in his room at the Cebu View Tourist Inn, said police officer Zenaido Pastorfide.

A supposed suicide note found at the scene said, "I don't care about anything. I want to die." But there was no sign of a gun, raising questions about the real cause of the shooting, Pastorfide said.

Not good news as I am visiting there later this month !!!!

Gerry

Admin
16th March 2005, 16:42
Thinking of buying property in Cebu!

ginapeterb
16th March 2005, 16:47
Originally posted by admin@Mar 16 2005, 03:42 PM
Thinking of buying property in Cebu!

Quoted post

well if they didnt find the gun..then its sounds like a murder..
strange...thats almost unheard of..I wonder if he was been jilted.

Admin
16th March 2005, 18:51
Probably shot himself then hid the gun ;)

ginapeterb
17th March 2005, 00:11
Originally posted by admin@Mar 16 2005, 05:51 PM
Probably shot himself then hid the gun ;)

Quoted post

well it could be that he is "Basted" Tagalog term similar to Busted, in other words the girl he went to see has rejected his teasers, and Tuksuhan has ended, or it could be that he was Sawi (romantically sad) or just Labless (loveless) or it could be that he just found out his council tax has gone up !!! thats enough to make you shoot yourself in a Cebu hotel room just to escape the pleasure of paying it.

grahamw48
6th July 2005, 23:34
Sounds like a setup.

Admin
7th July 2005, 09:41
You don't get that type of thing going on in Moss Side :unsure:

symonh2000
9th April 2006, 20:09
This sort of thing happens a lot in birmingham and london, but you never hear about it..

Admin
10th April 2006, 09:19
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(symonh2000 &#064; Apr 9 2006, 08&#58;09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
This sort of thing happens a lot in birmingham and london, but you never hear about it..
[/b][/quote]
That&#39;s because us Northerners don&#39;t give a monkeys about down there style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

Eljohno
10th April 2006, 11:56
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; Mar 16 2005, 06&#58;51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Probably shot himself then hid the gun style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
[/b][/quote]

I am now in Robinsons in Cebu reading about this, but the scariest thing i have seen so far is some of the men over here trying to be women which for some might work only for the big adams apple style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Great comment Keith, made both Rhea and me laugh&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

walesrob
10th April 2006, 15:41
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 10 2006, 11&#58;56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am now in Robinsons in Cebu reading about this, but the scariest thing i have seen so far is some of the men over here trying to be women which for some might work only for the big adams apple style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Doh.gif

Great comment Keith, made both Rhea and me laugh&#33;&#33;&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

Wow thats spooky - same thing happened to me in Robinsons Mall in Manila - one of him/her/it tried to make a pass at me - with Elsa standing next to me&#33; style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cwm24.gif I just laughed and walked on...quickly&#33;

Pauldo
10th April 2006, 20:46
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gm47 &#064; Mar 16 2005, 01&#58;06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just read this report.

POLICE are probing the death of a British tourist found with a gunshot wound to his head at a hotel in Cebu City Thursday.

David Peter Goldsmith, 54, was discovered with a gunshot wound to his right temple in his room at the Cebu View Tourist Inn, said police officer Zenaido Pastorfide.

A supposed suicide note found at the scene said, "I don&#39;t care about anything. I want to die." But there was no sign of a gun, raising questions about the real cause of the shooting, Pastorfide said.
Not good news as I am visiting there later this month &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Gerry
[/b][/quote]
Well, with a name like &#39;Goldsmith&#39; the local rocket scientist mafiosa realised he was a walking cash machine, then took him out when he refused to hand over the bullion style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

mupsuit
11th April 2006, 07:25
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 10 2006, 11&#58;56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am now in Robinsons in Cebu reading about this, [/b][/quote]

If you have a moment in Cebu could you ascertain if the Zoo is still in business - It was a rather sad affair

They had a crocodile with a bent snout - curved like a bend in the road - been kept in its bucket for too long

only such example you are likely to see &#33;

Eljohno
13th April 2006, 03:21
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 11 2006, 07&#58;25 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you have a moment in Cebu could you ascertain if the Zoo is still in business - It was a rather sad affair
They had a crocodile with a bent snout - curved like a bend in the road - been kept in its bucket for too long

only such example you are likely to see &#33;
[/b][/quote]

Hi Mupsuit,

i am in Ozamiz now but will be going back to Cebu on the 25th and will ask...