PDA

View Full Version : From Laguna to Lugano in 6 weeks

Doc Alan
16th July 2010, 07:48
Friends on the forum and facebook will know I'm just back from my second amazing holiday this year, this time Laguna in the Italian-speaking south of Switzerland :)
The scenery in the Philippines and Switzerland is distractingly beautiful (and so are the mountains and lakes) :D
Inevitably there are big cultural differences between the two countries. But here's an interesting observation - there are many beautiful ladies in both countries, and yet the filipinas are by far the most friendly :xxgrinning--00xx3:
There could be many reasons for this - my cynical friends have suggested the Swiss ladies are all richer than me, I'm not as handsome as I think (:yikes:), and I was under the watchful eye of my daughter who lives there (:yikes:). Whatever the reason(s) I prefer filipinas :xxgrinning--00xx3:
One more observation ...from a reliable source (but not a direct observation)...the non-Swiss national young ladies who work in "dance halls/bars" in Lugano are trained in cardiac resuscitation - the champagne costs 300 Swiss francs (about 200 GBP) and that's just for starters :omg:

liane
16th July 2010, 08:01
Welcome back Doc :Hellooo:

rani
16th July 2010, 08:14
nice trip doc! we missed our planned travel to switzerland last may as we weren't able to extend our schengen visas due to iceland volcanic ashfall.. well, maybe next time :Hellooo:

we filipinos are really hospitable... thanks for the nice words :)

aromulus
16th July 2010, 08:16
Mornin', doc....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
16th July 2010, 11:54
[SIZE="3"]
Whatever the reason(s) I prefer filipinas :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hello Doc! Welcome back!!
thank you i agree we filipinas are just being us..simple,distinct,and of good quality and values...mabuhay filipina:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
19th July 2010, 14:22
Can't speak for Switzerland ... since I haven't BEEN there. :NoNo: But I DO know - that of all the countries I HAVE visited - the two I found friendliest overall, are located in the Far East ... notably ... China and The Philippines!! :xxgrinning--00xx3: