PDA

View Full Version : Barrio Fiestas

James Hubbard
14th July 2010, 23:48
Hi!
I am just trying to get my head around this.... I have 2 questions, and I am sure it's easy for some of you to answer :) (please)

( 1 ) I assume that the Barrio Fiestas take place every year in the summer? Are there any other occasions?

( 2 ) Are there any links online that would have a list of all the Barrio Fiestas? Next year when the Mrs comes here, if I knew all of them, then we could do the full tour of all of them in the car! Road Trip, letting the Mrs see the whole country plus having lots of Pinoy fun for her :)

I hope to hear soon from someone in the know :)

Thanks in advance

JH

somebody
14th July 2010, 23:56
There is a link and i have seen it on here and will have a butchers. Most are spread thoughout the summer and then in the winter and valentine there are plenty of dinners and parties throughout the country.

Found it well one im sure there are a couple of sites which have calendars on them
http://philservicecorp.com/planetphils/fiesta.html

But make sure you keep a close eye on whats happening on each one as politics seems to affect the running of some of the fiestas from what i read between the lines which can lead to them being cancelled or schedules and line ups changing at short notice:rolleyes:

James Hubbard
15th July 2010, 00:01
thanks for the fantastic useful information SB :)

-sillybilly-
15th July 2010, 00:07
Hi!
I am just trying to get my head around this.... I have 2 questions, and I am sure it's easy for some of you to answer :) (please)

( 1 ) I assume that the Barrio Fiestas take place every year in the summer? Are there any other occasions?

( 2 ) Are there any links online that would have a list of all the Barrio Fiestas? Next year when the Mrs comes here, if I knew all of them, then we could do the full tour of all of them in the car! Road Trip, letting the Mrs see the whole country plus having lots of Pinoy fun for her :)

Thanks in advance

JH

not really good at this as i havent been to any Barrio Fiesta even the one in Hounlow even ive lived down London.

But hey there's a Filipino Bar down in Sheperd's Bush. Lots of filipinas..starts from videoke until half 11 and disco until 2;45a.
Only a suggestion if you and you're wife are into it.:):)

James Hubbard
15th July 2010, 00:11
[QUOTE=James Hubbard;233530]Hi!

Thanks in advance

JH[/QUOT

not really good at this as i havent been to any Barrio Fiesta even the one in Hounlow even ive lived down London.

But hey there's a Filipino Bar down in Sheperd's Bush. Lots of filipinas..starts from videoke until half 11 and disco until 2;45a.
Only a suggestion if you and you're wife are into it.:):)

I LOVE VIDEOKE

and my wife loves to hear me sing :D

(within reason) lolz

James Hubbard
15th July 2010, 00:13
SILLYBILLY:
There's a Filipino Bar down in Sheperd's Bush

Oh, I would love to know the name of that :) do u remember the name?

-sillybilly-
15th July 2010, 00:20
Oh, I would love to know the name of that :) do u remember the name?

Its called FM Club.
Best go there on fridays, saturdays as they have a live band (its packed but real fun!) Lots of filipinos from young and old. Drinks are not that expensive and serve pinoy food aswell....( oh, i remember those days now. I miss it:bigcry:).

James Hubbard
15th July 2010, 00:21
Oh, i saw that one when i googled it, but it said it's all Thai?!

lolz

it seems pretty upmarket from the photo online!

-sillybilly-
15th July 2010, 00:29
Oh, i saw that one when i googled it, but it said it's all Thai?!

lolz

it seems pretty upmarket from the photo online!

NO its not thai!
Filipino couple owns it and manage it. But mind you the bouncer are blacks and scary....It was £5 entrance before.

James Hubbard
15th July 2010, 00:31
bouncers are supposed to be scary :D that's their job :) to keep undesirables out by force if necessary!

wow, that's great, a filipino bar in London :D

any more gems? I am so happy to hear about that :D:D:D :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
15th July 2010, 00:32
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?4213-club-fm

-sillybilly-
15th July 2010, 00:44
bouncers are supposed to be scary :D that's their job :) to keep undesirables out by force if necessary!

wow, that's great, a filipino bar in London :D

any more gems? I am so happy to hear about that :D:D:D :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

and they will never ask your age...as long as you pay the entrance. Not like the english club. Ive been kicked out few times they thought i was under age?
:doh:cwm23:...

James Hubbard
15th July 2010, 00:51
most women would be happy to be thought of as younger than their age! :icon_lol:

anyway

check this out

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?4213-club-fm&p=30154#post30154

I am amazed at the end he says that he's probably gonna go back hahahahah

-sillybilly-
15th July 2010, 00:55
most women would be happy to be thought of as younger than their age! :icon_lol:

anyway

check this out

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?4213-club-fm&p=30154#post30154

I am amazed at the end he says that he's probably gonna go back hahahahah

yeah it was flattering but been refused to have fun to certain places...

Ive read about it. It made me laugh.....will try to arrange a transport the next time he goes back?....he had fun in the end then?!:NoNo::doh

James Hubbard
15th July 2010, 01:08
yeah it was flattering but been refused to have fun to certain places...

Ive read about it. It made me laugh.....will try to arrange a transport the next time he goes back?....he had fun in the end then?!:NoNo::doh

hahaha, yeh right, that's what I thought when i read it haha

anyway ....

yeh, in Birmingham I was delined entry to some bars, even though i had a huge wad of cash in my pocket, coz my shoes were the wrong colour!

I WAS IN MY WORK CLOTHES! lolz

the shoes were formal but tanned in colour!

Well ... it just so happened that I was a regular there, so ... regular talks to manager, ... bouncer never seen again hahaha! ;) maybe now he's door supervising at DV8

oh and ........

before i get into this rant .. my dad was a security guard ...

but ....

security personnel always seem to have this complex where they take their jobs WAAAAYYY to seriously! Maybe they want some kind of super duper respect or something???????

I think that they think that with the uniform they look like police so they think they have the authority of the police (but with no maturity)

POWER TRIP

lolz

anyway ....

I shall now resume scheduled programming :D :icon_lol::icon_lol:

rusty
15th July 2010, 06:27
Here is another link for events in the uk - http://www.fil-event.com/events-in-the-uk.shtml :xxgrinning--00xx3:

James Hubbard
15th July 2010, 11:42
thanks

much appreciated :D