PDA

View Full Version : The Philippines?

Admin
13th December 2003, 14:37
Whether your a Filipino, or not, what is your view of the Philippines?

I visited Davao in Oct 2003 for 2 weeks (was supposed to be 3 but bailed out to Singapore for a week), and found it a terrible place. My wife who spent 30 years their, but hadn't been back for 10 years agreed, as she thought it would have improved but it had got much worse.

It wasn't even safe for me to go out on my own, and the terrorism risk wasn't great either (The UK Home Office now tell you to go at your own risk to Mindanao).

The shame is, the Philippine people are both beautiful and intelligent, but due to the corruption the country is run as though those who live their may as well not exist.

The place could do with some paint as well, everywhere is brown....I hate brown (even the Davao river). ;D

I met a couple of Filipino's in Manchester the other day (on my way to the Iron maiden gig), and mentioned that Davao should be knocked down and rebuilt, they just laughed and agreed with me.

Any one else got a view on Davao, or anywhere else in the Philippines?

SteveB
4th March 2004, 22:31
I live in La Union in Northern Luzon.
I return to the UK purely to get enough money to get me back to the Philippines.
Everytime I return to the UK it has sunk even further in to deprevation.
Give me La Union anytime.
If there is crime I haven't seen it.
Corruption obviously exists everywhere.
The Philippines is one of the most beautiful countries I have visited in the world, ( and I have visited quite a few ), the people are the same.
Instead of being outside and looking in, join in and become one.
It's easy.

SteveB

Admin
5th March 2004, 12:12
The whole country is brown, no paint. I hate brown ;D

I know over 100 Filipino's who have come to the UK, and none will be returning home. Most have now brought there families over. says it all I think.

I spend a lot of time matching up women who will do anything to get out. Unlike others, I don't do it for money, just my way of trying to help them.

I know there are nice places in the Philippines, but the cities are all not far off shanty towns, and are also dangerous places, especially in the Southern regions. Most goverments now warn you not to go.

The inner cities in the UK aren't great, which is why I moved to rural Wales, but I believe it's a better and safer life here.

Saying all that, I'm off to Singapore as soon as I get organised. ;D

kalbiex
13th May 2004, 15:04
The whole country is brown, no paint. I hate brown ;D

I know over 100 Filipino's who have come to the UK, and none will be returning home. Most have now brought there families over. says it all I think.

I spend a lot of time matching up women who will do anything to get out. Unlike others, I don't do it for money, just my way of trying to help them.

I know there are nice places in the Philippines, but the cities are all not far off shanty towns, and are also dangerous places, especially in the Southern regions. Most goverments now warn you not to go.

The inner cities in the UK aren't great, which is why I moved to rural Wales, but I believe it's a better and safer life here.

Saying all that, I'm off to Singapore as soon as I get organised. ;D
Hope you dont hate the brown coloured skin people from the PI.
Elsewhere in this world there is always danger and its just up to individual to be cautious. Been here in UK for a year but as I watch the daily news on TV crimes happens all over the country and it sometimes put me off walking alone on the countryside roads.
The Philippines has plenty of beautiful place to offer to people who wants to live there but its just that the government is corrupt and that is known to the world but surely not the most compare to other countries.
Its good to hear some fellow are very well settled in this country especially if they totally given up everything in they own in the philippines. The thing i dont like in this country is the weather and i hate wearing thick clothings.
Regarding your match making of foreign girls to UK locals there are plenty of websites that does that,just beware of the scammers.

kalbiex
13th May 2004, 15:15
I live in La Union in Northern Luzon.
I return to the UK purely to get enough money to get me back to the Philippines.
Everytime I return to the UK it has sunk even further in to deprevation.
Give me La Union anytime.
If there is crime I haven't seen it.
Corruption obviously exists everywhere.
The Philippines is one of the most beautiful countries I have visited in the world, ( and I have visited quite a few ), the people are the same.
Instead of being outside and looking in, join in and become one.
It's easy.

SteveB
La Union, thats one of the nice place to live in the north of the country! I haven't been there but I heard from many people. In fact I met a girl married to an American guy and they have chosen to live the instead of the USA.
I really wish I can get a property there but i heard the prices goes up.....The other place that i like is Nueva Vizcaya area about 2 hours by jeepney to Banaue.

Admin
13th May 2004, 17:29
Hope I like the skin colour, I married one ;D

Filipino women have such lovely legs, in the UK it's like looking at white tree trunks.

Their were terrorist alerts when I was in Davao, so I couldn't go out unless without 'protection', which was annoying. I did want to go to the local volcano but I no one was prepared to take a Westerner into that region, which says plenty!

I guess the North is much safer, and as I've been living in rural Wales the last few years, after living for 30 years in a crime ridden city, I've got used to zero crime.

ginapeterb
1st June 2004, 22:06
I would like to say something about the beautiful Philippines !!, everything you all say is true, Iam a Brit born and bred here, I never pull down this United Kingdom although I am more of an English nationalist now, so I will never pull down the Philippines, their is good and bad everywhere, I love the Philipppines, for the people, their freindliness, their hospitality, we all know that their is poverty in the Philippines, I saw plenty of it, but I never look down on Filipinos, they have an organized society, very family orientated, its a shame we in the UK dont have that, lets be honest we are more individualistic and more liberal minded than the Filipinos are, if Filiipinos come to UK, they are welcome, if they make a life here, good luck to them, they certainly will enrich our society, the Philippines is beautiful, in that it exists in a tropical climate, lets face it for those of us in the male gender who go there, we love it, why are we there, we all know the reason, most of us are in love with a filipina, or else why would we be there, I know for a fact filipina's are without doubt the best women in the world, they treat you like a King, they are very Malambing, if you treat them like a Princess, you get the same but more...........they are polite, not aggressive... not violent.....very charming.......moralistic........and I am sure make the best wives in the world........well I hope so, or...........Im in trouble.........I noticed many things about the Philippines that is different to UK, for one thing the obsession with paperwork and endless queues......the security guards at the supermarkets............but I know when I go........I never want to come back........there is good and bad there....yes shanty towns are plain for all to see......but you find them almost anywhere else in the world.........yes maybe some of the girls want to leave..........but who can blame them........some dont want to leave.........remembering some of the girls....leave their families behind......and their work colleagues to come to UK and US and settle with new husbands in new cultures and adapt..........I love Boracay the most......lovely white sandy beaches........a million miles, from London hahahah......great warm water.........nice food.....cheap as anything........San Miguel........massages on the beach.......and as the forum administrator said..... the women.......well we wont go into that......this is a family site I presume............lets just say....very malambing.....in short the Philippines is not a holiday destination for most UK Holiday makers, but maybe it should be, well thats my opinion, look forward to any comments on this.

Pete