PDA

View Full Version : urgent help pls :)

Ross
13th July 2010, 12:14
anyone knows here that if you got atm card issued back from philippines..particularly with banco de oro bank..if someone or my family back there will want to deposotit money on that account of mine ..can we be able to widraw it here in the UK? the said atm card is currently in my position..:D:D:)
any advice :rolleyes::D

bornatbirth
13th July 2010, 12:28
is it a credit card or debit card, doesnt really matter if they can put money into your account you should be able to withdraw the money, have you tried the card in a cash point/atm in the uk?

Ross
13th July 2010, 12:39
the said card is a debit atm card:D..no wasnt ablt to try it yet here in the uk:cwm24::D i am a bit awkward if the cash i left for the moment would all be gone for just inquiring ..:D:icon_lol: here..dunno how much they charge for transacting that things here is:omg:...but i exactly know how much money left when i leave the philippins just to make the account stay open..it just wann make sure if my family back there would desposit money i could withdraw it diretcly from here through that atm card:):D:Wave::rolleyes:

James Hubbard
13th July 2010, 12:50
Yes, it will work, but the cost for transacting here is determined by BDO, not by the UK banks. So if you want to find out the transaction charges you'll need to contact BDO.

Other than that, yes you can use it here to withdraw money :)

Ross
13th July 2010, 13:21
thank you for the replies..so if my family over there will put some money on my account will it cost them..i hope not:omg::D

bornatbirth
13th July 2010, 13:28
it wont cost them anything, the bdo will make the exchange rate and maybe charge you for the withdraw, you need to find out the cost from them.

Ross
13th July 2010, 13:30
it wont cost them anything, the bdo will make the exchange rate and maybe charge you for the withdraw, you need to find out the cost from them.
:xxgrinning--00xx3::D
tyvm for the kind reply bornbirth..:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

CityHunter
13th July 2010, 13:32
Hmmm. From experience there is no extra cost if someone deposits in your bank account. There will be extra cost if you withdraw abroad though from what I know. Why not message BDO via Email or their support site? The only problem that I know is that if your account is in peso and you need it either in US dollars, Euros or British currency that would be an issue. You need to have an account of that needed foreign currency to withdraw such. Well, that's what I know.

May I suggest too that you first compare the rates with bank service and the money service provided by the likes of Western Union and such.

Ross
13th July 2010, 13:37
Hmmm. From experience there is no extra cost if someone deposits in your bank account. There will be extra cost if you withdraw abroad though from what I know. Why not message BDO via Email or their support site? The only problem that I know is that if your account is in peso and you need it either in US dollars, Euros or British currency that would be an issue. You need to have an account of that needed foreign currency to withdraw such. Well, that's what I know.

May I suggest too that you first compare the rates with bank service and the money service provided by the likes of Western Union and such.

oh my :yikes::yikes: but of course the acount i got is in pesos..so i doubt:omg::NoNo: if they put some money on that ccount i can withdraw here i dont have any account in dollar nor in current currency..i just think and worry not to make my account dormant so im thinking as long as they can deposit theni could be able to withdraw the cash here in the cash machine in the uk..im bit confuse now,...:crazy::crazy::rolleyes::cwm24:

bornatbirth
13th July 2010, 13:43
when you withdraw the money in the uk it will be in pounds and the bdo will exchange it from peso to pound, you need to find the exchange rate the bdo will give you and they may a extra charge for the withdraw.

cityhunter is wrong, whatever country you use the atm/cashpoint to withdraw the money it will be in that countries currency, why would why give you dollars in the uk?

James Hubbard
13th July 2010, 13:46
BAB is right.

Withdraw in the UK you will get £.

The way they will make their money is by giving you a crappy rate ... eg maybe 2-3 peso less per £ and charging you a flat fee per transaction, maybe £2?

Contact the BDO and they can tell you :)

Ross
13th July 2010, 13:49
when you withdraw the money in the uk it will be in pounds and the bdo will exchange it from peso to pound, you need to find the exchange rate the bdo will give you and they may charge extra the the withdraw.

cityhunter is wrong, whatever country you use the atm/cashpoint to withdraw the money it will be in that countries currency, why would why give you dollars in the uk?
:D:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: oh you make me alive again i was worry on that replies by city hunter :Erm::D but thank you again for repliesi think i got now the answer hope so...:icon_lol::icon_lol::D

Ross
13th July 2010, 13:50
BAB is right.

Withdraw in the UK you will get £.

The way they will make their money is by giving you a crappy rate ... eg maybe 2-3 peso less per £ and charging you a flat fee per transaction, maybe £2?

Contact the BDO and they can tell you :)

thanks for you reply as well it help me a lot...think you got point as well:D:D:heartshape1:

cheers mate

JimOttley
13th July 2010, 22:16
Yes, it will work, but the cost for transacting here is determined by BDO, not by the UK banks. So if you want to find out the transaction charges you'll need to contact BDO.

Other than that, yes you can use it here to withdraw money :)

James, if I were to try to use a LLoyds TSB savings account card in the Phils it would not work. I mean a basic ATM card that needs a local banking system that recognises the card, no chance.

The only cards that have any chance of working internationally are those that have Visa, Mastercard or some other international affiliation symbol on them, a lot of Philippine local bank cards won't have this. Ana's Metrobank Debit card would not work in the UK for example.

Ross you need to check what kind of Debit card you have, if it has a Visa or Mastercard symbol on the card then give it a go, there will be fees and it won't be cheap :(

Good luck!

James Hubbard
13th July 2010, 23:09
James, it I were to try to use a LLoyds TSB savings account card in the Phils it would not work. I mean a basic ATM card that needs a local banking system that recognises the card, no chance.

The only cards that have any chance of working internationally are those that have Visa, Mastercard or some other international affiliation symbol on them, a lot of Philippine local bank cards won't have this. Ana's Metrobank Debit card would not work in the UK for example.

Ross you need to check what kind of Debit card you have, if it has a Visa or Mastercard symbol on the card then give it a go, there will be fees and it won't be cheap :(

Good luck!

Ahh right, very good point there, I never thought to ask if it had a visa or mastercard logo on it. I just assumed that if it was a debit card it would be a visa!
:icon_sorry::icon_sorry:

sorries ross ....

ok ... if your debit card has the Visa logo on it or whatever it'll be fine!