PDA

View Full Version : How Many Pair of Shoes is Healthy?

sars_notd_virus
13th July 2010, 09:23
is it reasonable for a woman to have at least ten pair of shoes??....plus of course trainers and sandals and a couple of pair slippers

Steve.r
13th July 2010, 10:07
is it reasonable for a woman to have at least ten pair of shoes??....plus of course trainers and sandals and a couple of pair slippers

Ask Emelda Marcos, I believe she had a few pairs :icon_lol::icon_lol:

raynaputi
13th July 2010, 11:03
haha..good question mari..well personally, i dont have much shoes coz i dont use it all the time unless required to..i think i only got 3, but i have 20+ pairs of flipflops and 5+ sandals..hahaha..well i collect Havaianas which i wear most of the time, even at work since there's no office dress code at night shift..:D Reasonable? I think if u have the money for it without forgetting other necessities in life, then it's ok..

bornatbirth
13th July 2010, 11:10
have as many as you like as long you will use them all :D

Ross
13th July 2010, 11:48

depnds really unless your hubby can afford to get for you really..:yikes::yikes::icon_lol::D :hubbahubba::D:D:cwm24::Rasp:

James Hubbard
13th July 2010, 13:09
Reasonable? I think if u have the money for it without forgetting other necessities in life, then it's ok..

Very wise words :xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
13th July 2010, 14:18
For me it's reasonable, I like buying shoes and I always consider the ff:

1. color and material
2. style and comfort
3. occasion
4. season
5. price

Pete/London
13th July 2010, 15:18
Holly Willoughby in the DM today says she has to make love in her new shoes before she wears them outside the home, if you wife keeps having headaches buys her some new shoes, it may do the trick.

I bet she is being sponsored by "Clarkes" :)

KeithD
13th July 2010, 15:48
Shoes were only invented so we never got dog poo between our toes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
13th July 2010, 17:01
how many shoes do we need to be healthy?.

one pair of running shoes should work :603785:

KeithD
13th July 2010, 17:04
I always have 3 shoes, one for each hand :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Erm:

James Hubbard
13th July 2010, 18:04
4 shoes, one for each paw :yikes:

stevewool
13th July 2010, 18:12
a a a aaaaaaaaaaaa atishoo aa aaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa atishoo thats a pair:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
13th July 2010, 19:11
Confession time: :icon_sorry: I tend to be a bit of a "shoe(a)holic" ... and like mine to match whatever outfit I'm wearing. Trouble IS, men's dress shoes ... at least the affordable ones ... are generally only available in black or [various shades] of brown - neither of which can always tone-in with everything I wear. :rolleyes: So ... to get things "just right", I hit on the IDEAL solution. How? Well ... a few years ago ... I became aware that 'Shoezone' in neighbouring Dundee happened to be selling off some of its stock at rock-bottom prices. A 'Bargain Basement' of sorts ... except it WASN'T a basement, as such; in fact it was on the upper floor!

Anyway, to cut a long story short ... I bought several pairs of Size 11s :cwm24: (yes, I have BIG feet!!) - in a 'natural' fawn shade - that were being sold-off at four quid the pair. I then proceeded to a haberdashery store and "invested" in a corresponding number of small, round tins of Dylon fabric colouring with which I planned to experiment at home ... on the premise that, if my :idea: didn't quite work out according to plan ... well ... :anerikke: ... it wasn't as if I'd spent a fortune. :NoNo:

However, nothing ventured ... nothing gained ... as the saying goes. But lo and behold ... EURIKA! I'd successfully created a pair of shoes in a greenish hue that perfectly matched my favourite corduroy slacks. :D And of course, others followed - with [varying] degrees of success - but I'm pleased to report that, years later, I still have that green pair and, so far, the colour has scarcely faded, believe it or not!

bornatbirth
13th July 2010, 19:18
do you have any in a pink rinse to match your hair :Erm:

Pete/London
13th July 2010, 19:18
a a a aaaaaaaaaaaa atishoo aa aaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa atishoo thats a pair:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Hey Steve, do you work in a christmas cracker factory:icon_lol:

stevie c
13th July 2010, 19:20
Hey Steve, do you work in a christmas cracker factory:icon_lol:

a tissue factory :icon_lol:

stevewool
13th July 2010, 19:28
neither i work for crowFOOT carriers :icon_lol: am just a happy chappy:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Englishman2010
13th July 2010, 20:33
I am a bit of a shoe collector too, as it happens I have just sorted through my wardrobe and bagged up about 20 pairs for the charity shop.
Currently I have 7 pairs of trainers, 3 pairs of sandals, a couple of pairs of pool shoes, 10 pairs of smart formal shoes for work, several pairs of boots, walking shoes, gardening shoes and of course my slippers.
Is that too many:icon_lol:

Dont get me started on clothes, I must have at least 20 suits and 30 formal shirts, 30+ casual shirts and over 100 ties:rolleyes:

Arthur Little
13th July 2010, 20:41
do you have any in a pink rinse to match your hair :Erm:

HAIR! :cwm24: ... what hair? :rolleyes: Alas ... I'm no Dame Edna ... :NoNo:

Arthur Little
13th July 2010, 20:56
I am a bit of a shoe collector too, as it happens I have just sorted through my wardrobe and bagged up about 20 pairs for the charity shop.
Currently I have 7 pairs of trainers, 3 pairs of sandals, a couple of pairs of pool shoes, 10 pairs of smart formal shoes for work, several pairs of boots, walking shoes, gardening shoes and of course my slippers.
Is that too many:icon_lol:

:NoNo: ... I can identify with that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dont get me started on clothes, I must have at least 20 suits and 30 formal shirts, 30+ casual shirts and over 100 ties:rolleyes:

ME too ... well ... perhaps not 20 ... but a fair few suits - dating mainly from my working days - since that was my normal daily mode of attire for the office. Plenty jackets, casual trousers and shirts of all kinds as well. And I've lost count of the number of ties I have ... might even reach somewhere near your record. :rolleyes:

Englishman2010
13th July 2010, 21:22
:NoNo: ... I can identify with that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ME too ... well ... perhaps not 20 ... but a fair few suits - dating mainly from my working days - since that was my normal daily mode of attire for the office. Plenty jackets, casual trousers and shirts of all kinds as well. And I've lost count of the number of ties I have ... might even reach somewhere near your record. :rolleyes:

Glad I'm not the only one Arthur. The crazy thing is, I am pretty ruthless with clearing out my wardrobes each year and take bags of clothes to the charity shop. I used to buy a lot of clothes a few years ago, but didn't think I bought that many now, until I looked in my wardrobe and noticed all of the brand new unworn clothes, with price labels still in tact.

In some ways it is quite embarrassing when we consider how much money we waste on clothes we never wear and then compare that with what some of our Filipino friends earn. back in the days when I used to go to India, I used to take a suitcase full of nearly new clothes for my Indian friends

joebloggs
13th July 2010, 22:41
and over 100 ties:rolleyes:

:yikes::crazy:, i take it you dont just wear them :rolleyes:... but have other uses for them :xxaction-smiley-047.. :icon_lol:

i dont even have 1 tie

James Hubbard
13th July 2010, 23:05
i dont even have 1 tie

Really??

James Hubbard
13th July 2010, 23:06
oh and I see Joe Bloggs is "Single"! Does Mrs Bloggs know about that???

Arthur Little
14th July 2010, 00:29
i dont even have 1 tie

:cwm24: ... you really SERIOUS, Joe? :Erm: ... you're not a social worker by any chance, ARE you?

James Hubbard
14th July 2010, 00:53
maybe he means he doesn't have 1 thai! He has 1 filipina though! lol

-sillybilly-
14th July 2010, 04:40
:yikes::crazy:, i take it you dont just wear them :rolleyes:... but have other uses for them :xxaction-smiley-047.. :icon_lol:

i dont even have 1 tie

Really? Are you being serious?

-sillybilly-
14th July 2010, 04:43
maybe he means he doesn't have 1 thai! He has 1 filipina though! lol

hmmm.....c'mon Mr. Joebloggs is it really tie or thai?:Erm::D

joebloggs
14th July 2010, 05:51
no tie or thai :D

(maybe 1 or 2 in the wardrobe, that's if the moths have not eaten them :cwm24:) and thats thai's not ties :icon_lol:

I'm single so the misses will not suss this is me, I'll be living in Timbuktu today :D

i might start wearing a burka thou :rolleyes:

pennybarry
14th July 2010, 06:35
In 1980's, my sis owned shoe making business and had at least 2 new shoes each month. :D But now I only have 2 boots and I don't like it! I like my 3 pairs trainers shoes.:xxgrinning--00xx3: and one flip-flops:heartshape1::heartshape1:

Sim11UK
14th July 2010, 07:41
i might start wearing a burka thou :rolleyes:

You may have to cancel your holiday to France? :rolleyes:

Doc Alan
14th July 2010, 09:08
The former Philippines First Lady, Imelda Marcos,had her own opinion about how many pairs of shoes are "needed":omg:. She allegedly owned 2000 pairs, many (1,220) of which were found in the presidential palace when she and her husband Ferdinand fled the country in 1986 :yikes:During her time as First Lady she travelled the world buying shoes (and other items...:doh). She herself opened the Marikina City Footwear Museum which contains hundreds of pairs of her shoes (all the same size, of course, eight-and-a-half :doh). Many were made in Marikina and to this day thousands are employed in this trade there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
14th July 2010, 10:01
SHOES...
I need to have a variety available for me...they give me Power,...transform me in a quick and easy way that no other item of clothing or make up can:):rolleyes::Rasp:
So,.....??? is it classed as an addiction like alcoholism and gambling when somebody needs new shoes most of the time??

joebloggs
14th July 2010, 11:07
SHOES...
..they give me Power,...transform me in a quick and easy way that no other item of clothing or make up can:)

:yikes: your wonderwoman :rolleyes:

http://4walls4all.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/wonderwoman.jpg

bornatbirth
14th July 2010, 11:25
hmmm linda carter, i might of had a crush on her when i was younger :hubbahubba:

joebloggs
14th July 2010, 11:30
hmmm linda carter, i might of had a crush on her when i was younger :hubbahubba:

:NoNo:

lucy lawless aka Princess Xena :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/lucy_lawless.jpg

bornatbirth
14th July 2010, 11:49
nice butt, i prefered her blonde side kick :D

burdock
14th July 2010, 13:44
Is one pair unhealthy :)

James Hubbard
14th July 2010, 13:46
Is one pair unhealthy :)

Very! Especially if you share them!

stevewool
14th July 2010, 15:04
nice butt, i prefered her blonde side kick :D

was that a labrodor

stevewool
14th July 2010, 15:06
i still have my platforms , great for when you are painting and just cant reach that ceiling , put them on and and your rocking tommy :icon_lol:

bornatbirth
14th July 2010, 15:12
was that a labrodor

:Erm:

dont be silly, do you think xena/princess warrior had a dog as a side kick :NoNo:

stevewool
14th July 2010, 15:20
dont know never seen it , but lassi was famos and goldy off blue peter, even grayfriers bobby , see if xena had a labrador she would be more famous, because i would have watch her too:)

bornatbirth
14th July 2010, 15:36
did you see the above photo of xena?, would you only watch the show if she had a dog :Erm:, anyway how would a dopey labrador help her fight :icon_lol:

pumpkins
14th July 2010, 15:41
no pair of shoes is not healthy at all :D:D:D

stevewool
14th July 2010, 15:46
did you see the above photo of xena?, would you only watch the show if she had a dog :Erm:, anyway how would a dopey labrador help her fight :icon_lol:

indeed i have and i have grafted emmas head to the body now:icon_lol:, you rush into the question of a dopey labrador, it she was wounded and lost her sight while fighting , what more great news would she want then a golden labrador to help her

bornatbirth
14th July 2010, 15:53
if she was wounded and lost her sight while fighting , what more great news would she want then a golden labrador to help her

very true, i rushed into that! :icon_lol:, but xena doesnt lose!! :D

stevewool
14th July 2010, 16:08
i shall have to watch it one day has she the same figure :Cuckoo:

sars_notd_virus
15th July 2010, 10:19
:yikes: your wonderwoman :rolleyes:

http://4walls4all.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/wonderwoman.jpg

yup hubby thinks am her wonderwoman al the time...hmmmmm nice boots she got in that pic:rolleyes:

bornatbirth
15th July 2010, 11:00
yup hubby thinks am her wonderwoman al the time...hmmmmm nice boots she got in that pic:rolleyes:

you see the boots, i see the woman :hubbahubba: :icon_lol:

LEAHnew
15th July 2010, 20:13
:Erm:for me 2 pairs are enough if that's from Jimmy Choo:D:hubbahubba:

pennybarry
16th July 2010, 06:11
:Erm:for me 2 pairs are enough if that's from Jimmy Choo:D:hubbahubba:

Half pair of boot is enough for me if Jimmy's.:icon_lol:

But I bet our Marikina shoe makers can make it with same quality. It's just the name that rip-off.:omg::D:icon_lol:

rani
16th July 2010, 07:50
i have 50 pairs and i still want more :rolleyes: that's why i can understand the former first lady imelda marcos on her thousand pairs of shoes... my friend from marikina once told me that most of the shoemakers from their town make it a point to create a very nice pair of shoes as gift to imelda... so friends, most of her shoes are gifts :)

rani
16th July 2010, 07:56
sadly, lots of the shoemakers in marikina closed their shops as most of the businessmen opted to buy from china which is way cheaper.. :NoNo:

Doc Alan
16th July 2010, 08:33
sadly, lots of the shoemakers in marikina closed their shops as most of the businessmen opted to buy from china which is way cheaper.. :NoNo:Thanks for the update - sad that the local shoemakers never made money from Imelda :NoNo: I understand that the Shoe Museum in Marikina was in any case the idea of the late President Cory Aquino :doh