PDA

View Full Version : Need help

crissy
5th July 2010, 04:51
Hi guys,I need some help, someone invite me to work for him as a nanny of his to kids, and I dont know what to do, he said Ill pay for my Visa and then he'll shoulder the rest.. This is my first to go abraod and to london if ever, I dont know how much it will costs and what are the things to be process.. Help me please.:ARsurrender:

pennybarry
5th July 2010, 06:34
Hi Crissy! You need to be very careful as there are scammers offering that kind of job in the UK.

They can only help you to come here if you've been working with them for years. Let's say you're working for them as nanny in Hongkong, Singapore or any other countries, then you have the chance to work here for them.

Never send money to him as onced you've sent, they will dissapear like bubbles.:D
Don't be a victim of them. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
5th July 2010, 11:00
pay for your visa :doh, your employer should be doing that.. anyone asking for money is usually a scam :NoNo:
The only way to get a visa is for an employer to show they have advertised a position for a minimum of 6 weeks and not one qualified EU citizen applied for the job or you have worked for them in the past for at least 1yr..

justchecking
5th July 2010, 11:25
as Penny said, Filippinas cannot come over to the UK as a nanny unless they have an existing conncetion to the family through this kind of relationship in a different country - there is a list somewhere (probably home office website) of which country citizens are eligible to come to UK as a nanny - and it's definatly not Filippina!
Beware of these offers......

Arthur Little
8th July 2010, 14:54
:welcomex: Crissy. I'm glad you posted, because ... hopefully, it will alert you to at least some of the REAL possibilities that exist for unsuspecting people to get caught-out by unscrupulous scammers who notoriously prey on :innocent1: folk seeking job opportunities overseas. :cwm24:

RickyR
8th July 2010, 15:31
Unfortunately there are some awful people who take advantage of Filipino wanting to work abroad, be very very careful. Have seen the situation first hand so many times. If it's genuine they'll never ask you to send cash like that, and if it's an agency they'll be a proper agency with an office in Manila and will follow formal procedures.

fred
8th July 2010, 15:53
So if I want to bring our yaya`s to the UK whilst we go there to uk for a holiday..whats the visa process..What evidence of employment is required ?

Ping
8th July 2010, 18:38
Job contract.

myline
15th July 2010, 11:40
Hi guys,I need some help, someone invite me to work for him as a nanny of his to kids, and I dont know what to do, he said Ill pay for my Visa and then he'll shoulder the rest.. This is my first to go abraod and to london if ever, I dont know how much it will costs and what are the things to be process.. Help me please.:ARsurrender:

hi crissy,

May I know the name of your employer?:) Coz what a coincidence, me too offered the same job like yours. He needs nanny for her 2 daughters namely Morena and Lilian. He introduce himself as Engr. Tom Harrison in Lambeth, London. He wants me to shoulder half of the visa payment and then he will shoulder the rest, like yours. He told me that his late wife is an Asian. He wants me to contact his traveling agency which is Xplore Travel Agency to inquire the documents i will be needing and how much it will cost. Actually i did contact them, they emailed me and sent their response. Now I have doubt in my mind coz we're on the same boat. What if they are all scammers.:bigcry::cwm23:I have waisted my time, my effort in this man.:crazy:I'm thankful I saw and red your post..

joebloggs
16th July 2010, 13:12
scam

http://annonlinehomebasedmom.blogspot.com/2009/03/beware-of-internet-fraud.html

http://www.419legal.org/419-legal-blog/32478-urgent-looking-foreign-nanny.html

no one can offer you a job if your from out side europe, they need to show no Brit or European applied for the job first.

james_joe90
19th July 2010, 03:07
hi, sorry to post this here but i'm desperate for similar advice.

my girlfriend currently lives in the philippines and working as a Lecturer and Clinical Instructor. She'd very much like to work for the NHS here in UK, preferably Swansea or Cardiff. She has Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, Master of Arts in Nursing and Major in Clinical Supervision, and completed her IELTS at band 7.0

what visa will she require
who/where is best to contact for vacancies open to filipinos?
what jobs might be open to her in the NHS based on her credentials?
is there any registration / further processes necessary to work as a UK nurse?

really appreciate any help you can offer,, i miss her dearly and we'd like to begin a wonderful life in the UK together :)

axelandpixel
13th August 2010, 23:14
To the first poster:
Since I cannot pst a link yet, just search " phil embassy uk labour guidelines " , it should be the first result on google. (I tried it.) You can find the info there about british national wanting to hire filipino worker such as nanny.cook, etc.
------------

Nurses trained overseas, outside the EU, must register through the NMC's Overseas Nursing Programme (ONP).The Tier 1 - General Skilled Migration visa allows non-EU citizens without a job offer to live and work in the UK. So since your gf has no job offer should use this UK immigration option. Search for Tier 1 - General skilled visa requirements. There are so many sites also in which she just have to fill up the form to check her eligibility for that visa.

pennybarry
14th August 2010, 07:06
hi crissy,

May I know the name of your employer?:) Coz what a coincidence, me too offered the same job like yours. He needs nanny for her 2 daughters namely Morena and Lilian. ..

It is not a coincidence!

They are huge number of scammers with the same modus operandi.