PDA

View Full Version : Can't Escape the Philippines

RickyR
1st July 2010, 15:39
So after spending a large proportion of the last few years living in Marikina (Manila), we spent 5 months living in Hamble this year. After falling in love with Hamble, were all set to come to the UK permenantly this month. But............

.......................... due to some complications, and Marvie being heavily pregnant we won't be able to return. So have resigned ourselves to settling down for another year or so, and are moving down south to Cebu.
Whilst I enjoy being in the Philippines, I'm not too thrilled about starting a family out there!
Having also worked pretty hard with Rosetta Stone learning Tagalog, I now have to learn Visayan!

So for any members living in Cebu, would love to meet up over the next few months and will probably ask a lot of advice to help us settle in smoothly and get to know the area.

Ping
1st July 2010, 18:56
Many visayan members mostly are here in the UK. So far I only Know Queenbee still in Cebu. You can pm her.

fred
2nd July 2010, 02:13
Ricky..We will almost be neighbours!!
BBQ`s every Saturday afternoon!!

RickyR
2nd July 2010, 02:29
Excellent, I hope we'll meet up whilst I'm around. Currently looking at a place in Talamban.

fred
2nd July 2010, 02:34
Ricky..We are in Bohol..Less than 2 hours away.
Cebu is OK but I can only last about 3 hours there..
Horses for courses!

RickyR
2nd July 2010, 02:45
I understand. We just need to be near Chong Hua hospital, due to various complications that are expecting during the delivery of our baby. But also need to be near Cebu International School for the other one starting school in September.
So thinking Talamban. If we didn't have the complications, would happily live much more remotely :-)
Hopefully will make it across on the fast ferry to Bohol sometime Fred.

jackmac452
8th July 2010, 16:15
Myself and the missus live in Massin city, Southern Leyte..maybe we'll meet up sometime..Good Luck wherever you put roots down.

fred
8th July 2010, 16:54
Hey Ricky..Sorry missed your last post! Hope everything goes fine with your new addition!!
Cmon over when ever you like...We`ll wet the babies head with something special!

RickyR
8th July 2010, 17:25
Cheers Fred. I like that plan! :-)