PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

Doc Alan
1st July 2010, 07:07
A moderator is a person who helps others to solve a dispute, chairs a debate, controls exam papers (:yikes:), controls forum threads, and monitors or occasionally bans members :doh
It's a responsible and time-consuming position, not achieved without special talent, expertise, and regular contributions which earn respect and trust :)
Arthur, Penny, and Rayna are now moderators. Clearly I'm not the first to know but I would like to congratulate them and members should celebrate their promotion as everyone gains from their dedication :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
1st July 2010, 07:10
well i did not know this , so thanks for letting me and anyone else know, congrats to you arthur, penny and rayna well done :)

joebloggs
1st July 2010, 07:13
yes they all sent scouser Keith something in a brown envelope :rolleyes:

:icon_lol:

DaveUK
1st July 2010, 07:15
Nice one! Congratulations to you all!

liane
1st July 2010, 07:26
Congratulations Sir Arthur, Ate Penny and Rayna :66::Beer:

mickcant
1st July 2010, 08:09
Congratulations Arthur, Penny and Rayna :333:

All the best in your new jobs!

Mick:olddude:

KeithD
1st July 2010, 09:09

Your testicles :D

bornatbirth
1st July 2010, 09:15
theres more mods than members? :D

KeithD
1st July 2010, 09:27
theres more mods than members? :D

That only happens on my competitors forums :laugher:

Arthur Little
1st July 2010, 10:06

Your testicles :D

Aww, gents :cwm24: ... now you've gone and let the cat ... :Erm: ... testicles ... out of the bag! :icon_lol:

bornatbirth
1st July 2010, 10:08
does this mean penny will ban ross and all her attackers? :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
1st July 2010, 10:19
:68711_thanx: Alan ... and to all my other good friends here ... for your confidence in me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
1st July 2010, 10:23

:NoNo: ... it means we shall all strive to [hopefully] maintain the high standards for which this forum is renowned!

bornatbirth
1st July 2010, 10:31
:NoNo: ... it means we shall all strive to [hopefully] maintain the high standards for which this forum is renowned!

you mean you will be moderate at being a moderater :Erm:

btw well done arthur, a very wise council indeed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jam07
1st July 2010, 10:51
congratulations guys! :) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
1st July 2010, 10:54
you mean you will be moderate at being a moderater :Erm:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... all things in moderation, my friend; in other words - like our more experienced colleagues - we'll be doing our utmost to take the :cwm23: out of a confrontational situation before it reaches boiling point.

pennybarry
1st July 2010, 19:32
Thanks BAB :gp: but my main job is to keep the forum clean and unbanning banned members. :omg::Rasp::icon_lol:

A moderator is a person who helps others to solve a dispute, chairs a debate, controls exam papers (:yikes:), controls forum threads, and monitors or occasionally bans members :doh
It's a responsible and time-consuming position, not achieved without special talent, expertise, and regular contributions which earn respect and trust :)
Arthur, Penny, and Rayna are now moderators. Clearly I'm not the first to know but I would like to congratulate them and members should celebrate their promotion as everyone gains from their dedication :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanks Alan, Steve, Dave, Liane, Majah and Mick! :68711_thanx:I really appreciate this opportunity and thank boss for giving responsibility and trust. I'll try not to break your trust.:icon_lol::heartshape1: I will let you sleep for sometime whilst I'm online.:Rasp:

raynaputi
1st July 2010, 19:43
:D :D :D (sorry i'm just using my phone now and i don't remember the smiley code with the hearts..haha..) thanks guys!

KeithD
1st July 2010, 20:09
It's "heartshape1" but with the colons.... not this colon though >>> :action-smiley-081: :Erm:

raynaputi
1st July 2010, 20:19
:heartshape1: thanks Master! :D

Steve.r
1st July 2010, 21:20
:68711_thanx: Alan ... and to all my other good friends here ... for your confidence in me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sorry to say Arthur, everyone else turned it down .............:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Seriously, a good choice for all the new mods :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
1st July 2010, 21:47
Congratulations Art,Ate pen,Rayna girl:Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
2nd July 2010, 01:54
Oh no!! Some one has come off of my ignore list!

les_taxi
2nd July 2010, 06:58
Now we got new mods can I be a rocker?:)

pennybarry
2nd July 2010, 07:09
Seriously, a good choice for all the new mods :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanks Steve for telling truth!:omg::D:icon_lol:

Congratulations Art,Ate pen,Rayna girl:Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Salamat Mari! Muahhh:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
2nd July 2010, 07:18
I has all been said by the others already....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:heartshape1::Hellooo:

:xxaction-smiley-047

marlyn&kenny
2nd July 2010, 08:09
Congratulations sir Arthur, penny and rayna! you all deserve it.. you have been a very good member:xxgrinning--00xx3: so its time for level up:Jump::Jump:

pennybarry
2nd July 2010, 18:45
Thanks a lot Marlyn and Kenny! :68711_thanx::)

aromulus
2nd July 2010, 20:23

Dog poo....???:Erm:

aposhark
2nd July 2010, 20:51

An Invigilator controls exam papers

Congrats to new mods

Doc Alan
2nd July 2010, 23:39
Invigilator controls exam papers
Thanks so much for correcting me! I understood an invigilator supervised candidates during an exam. I'm always happy to learn from the experts, that's why I'm on the forum and congratulated the new moderators :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mikey73
3rd July 2010, 07:23
congratuations penny, rayna and arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
3rd July 2010, 08:03
Thanks Mikey!:)

aposhark
3rd July 2010, 08:57
Thanks BAB :gp: but my main job is to keep the forum clean and unbanning banned members.

Penny, I miss the many posts of Mrs JMajor, and never really understood why she was banned?

bornatbirth
3rd July 2010, 09:08
Penny, I miss the many posts of Mrs JMajor, and never really understood why she was banned?

because she was a trouble maker and send nasty messages via PM's and yahoo to the other lady members, to you and me she was fine?

aromulus
3rd July 2010, 09:22
unbanning banned members. :

I ain't too sure about that.....:Erm:

Personally, I wouldn't count on it....:NoNo:

pennybarry
3rd July 2010, 09:36
I ain't too sure about that.....:Erm:

Personally, I wouldn't count on it....:NoNo:

Don't take it seriously Dom! :omg:
BAB was joking and put him into a joke!
Please get used to my skills! :laugher::icon_lol:

aposhark
3rd July 2010, 09:52
because she was a trouble maker and send nasty messages via PM's and yahoo to the other lady members, to you and me she was fine?

Oh Ok, didn't know that :)

aposhark
3rd July 2010, 10:01
This moderator thread has me thinking.
It is obviously quite an undertaking to be online a lot to make sure there isn't too much "argy bargy" :icon_lol:

I admire "moderate" people who spend so much time keeping the status quo.

I know that quite a few of us here are more outspoken about our beliefs one way or the other.
We know who we are :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

It is nice for me to end my 60+ hour week and pop into the forum to see things are mostly still the same.

Kudos to all of you mods :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
3rd July 2010, 10:16
I wasn't here when she was banned. I was on my holidays at Pinas enjoying with my family and friends so I can't give more info about it.

She might be a trouble maker in her own way via PM and I'm sure she's not the only one sending nasty messages as I got some as well from nasty members! But I don't go down to their level.
If they attack me for having no kids, it's up to them. It's their life being haters and standard bearers of filipino trademark "utak talangka". They just don't realised that I did motherhood better than them.

joebloggs
3rd July 2010, 10:24

I never had any problems with her, makes you wonder why some people just cant get on together.

KeithD
3rd July 2010, 10:26
I know that quite a few of us here are more outspoken about our beliefs one way or the other.
We know who we are :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jeez ... you should see the size of the file we have on you :omg:

I never had any problems with her, makes you wonder why some people just cant get on together.

She's made a personal attack on me since the banning .... the 4th one :rolleyes: (which also really peeves me off)..... talk about shooting yourself in the foot. If people got banned, contacted me, apologised, you know... the civil and polite way of doing things, they may get let back in.... it does happen.

joebloggs
3rd July 2010, 10:41
She's made a personal attack on me since the banning .... the 4th one :rolleyes: (which also really peeves me off)..... talk about shooting yourself in the foot. If people got banned, contacted me, apologised, you know... the civil and polite way of doing things, they may get let back in.... it does happen.

haha i bet you've been called alot worse :o) (smilies not werking - need to reboot) i wouldn't let it get to you ;o)

civil and polite your right there :D

pennybarry
3rd July 2010, 10:52
I admire "moderate" people

I admire them too if they moderate and arbitrates fairly. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I better give warning first, delete nasty post or may ask them to repost and reconsider, give them second chance if he/she is member for long time. If members wanting to comeback in good faith, then I will allow him/her again.
Let them start over and try to not break the rules this time.
I will not give second chance to spammers.

I know I cannot make everyone's happy but that will makes most sense and doing job properly.

I am serious this time Dom! :Rasp:

pennybarry
3rd July 2010, 11:06
She's made a personal attacked on me since the banning .... the 4th one :rolleyes: (which also really peeves me off)..... talk about shooting yourself in the foot. If people got banned, contacted me, apologised, you know... the civil and polite way of doing things, they may get let back in.... it does happen.

Sorry to hear you were personally attacked boss.
but I tell you the feeling of being banned.
It is a horrible feeling and she might throw you back the feeling.

You are right, she must do the right thing if she want to comeback.
Apology would be better than attacking you as I also knew the feeling of being under attack but try to consider someone's feeling. If you understand people why they did such things, then you'll probably know what I mean.:heartshape1::ARsurrender::toocoffee:

Doc Alan
3rd July 2010, 11:11
I haven't had so many responses to a thread since the great homeopathy deception some time back , and let's not argue which is the more important :yikes:
However, the thread does raise interesting issues about the forum, I wish it every success :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'm just about to go on holiday (again!) until 12 July, and cannot be online. Not the Philippines this time, but Switzerland ! But I shall return, confident that the moderators will continue with their excellent work in my absence !:D Good health to you all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
3rd July 2010, 11:17
... i wouldn't let it get to you ;o)

I know..... those 2-3 seconds can really drag sometimes :icon_lol:

les_taxi
3rd July 2010, 11:20
Whatever happened to the once popular bigtombowski?

I seem to remember he was contacting members to come to his own site or something along those lines.

aromulus
3rd July 2010, 11:23
Not the Philippines this time, but Switzerland ! But I shall return, confident that the moderators will continue with their excellent work in my absence !:D Good health to you all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I believe DIGNITAS needs a bit of hand lately....:rolleyes:

joebloggs
3rd July 2010, 11:42
I believe DIGNITAS needs a bit of hand lately....:rolleyes:

i dont think doc Alan is going on a busmans holiday

somebody
3rd July 2010, 16:21
Three top people and three good selections by the big boss admin po on the welsh hill:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Especially good to see more Pinay mods as it can get a bit to much brit male opnion on here and around half of the members im guessing are Pinays on here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Congrats to all three of you:)

acs
3rd July 2010, 16:50
Congratulations to Arthur, Penny and Rayna :Hellooo:

pennybarry
3rd July 2010, 17:32
Three top people and three good selections by the big boss admin po on the welsh hill:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Especially good to see more Pinay mods as it can get a bit to much brit male opnion on here and around half of the members im guessing are Pinays on here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Congrats to all three of you:)
Thanks Somebody! It's an honour to be the first pinay mod here + Rayna.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am happy to see Pinays congratulates fellow Pinays and thankful to boss for giving me the special power to see some hidden treasures. :omg::icon_lol:

Congratulations to Arthur, Penny and Rayna :Hellooo:

Salamat friend! Musta? I wish you all the best in Scotland!:)

aposhark
3rd July 2010, 17:32
Jeez ... you should see the size of the file we have on you :omg:

Maybe I'll need it to get out of jail :icon_lol:

Alan
3rd July 2010, 17:51
Sorry I'm late. Well done Penny, Rayna and Arthur!!

Al.:)

Doc Alan
3rd July 2010, 18:29
i dont think doc Alan is going on a busmans holidayI could keep you guessing ... but trust me I'm a doctor :xxgrinning--00xx3: It's to visit my daughter in Lugano, where Crapello is also hiding :doh I need a rest from "Collect, select, and respect" (the last of which someone told me was the most important); I've already needed a new hard drive...:yikes:
Please, moderators, don't ban me for going off the topic of the thread I started - I was led astray by a well established moderator who should know better...:doh

raynaputi
3rd July 2010, 18:38
Thanks Somebody! It's an honour to be the first pinay mod here + Rayna.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am happy to see Pinays congratulates fellow Pinays and thankful to boss for giving me the special power to see some hidden treasures. :omg::icon_lol:

And we'll make the minds of the male mods here twisted...hahaha..:icon_lol: :Cuckoo:

Thanks for all the kind words you guys..:68711_thanx:

Arthur Little
3rd July 2010, 18:56
To all my additional friends and well-wishers I missed the first time around ... a BIG :68711_thanx:!

KeithD
3rd July 2010, 20:54
And we'll make the minds of the male mods here twisted...hahaha..:icon_lol: :Cuckoo:

Well you can start by untwisting mine first then so you can twist it again :meet-1:

pennybarry
3rd July 2010, 21:14
To all my additional friends and well-wishers I missed the first time around ... a BIG :68711_thanx:!

Sorry I'm late. Well done Penny, Rayna and Arthur!!

Al.:)
Thank you very much!
I understand you for being late. Please don't use scooters.:D
jokingly yours:Rasp:

Just treat them with kindness and soon they will do most things. Bwahahahahha

Northerner
4th July 2010, 13:03
congrats to the new mods.. Now you'll get to spend many an evening sifting through the spam and what not.

I remember a good while back I was an admin on an old forum, way back in the early days of t'internet. Always had software problems, would ban a spammer or a troll only to find them logging back in as usual - never did find out how:icon_lol:

pennybarry
4th July 2010, 18:22
Thanks Sean!
I'll just feed the trolls. :icon_lol:

\\\ElizaTony///
5th July 2010, 02:30
congrats to all especially ate penny

pennybarry
5th July 2010, 06:37
congrats to all especially ate penny

Thanks Eliza/Tony!:)
How you doing?
Goodluck for your visa application soon!

mavid
5th July 2010, 13:01
Congratulations Penny, Arthur & Rayna :) :)

IainBusby
5th July 2010, 15:57
Whatever happened to the once popular bigtombowski?

I seem to remember he was contacting members to come to his own site or something along those lines.

He and another member called Briget (I think) who also got banned were stealing articles and content from this site to set up a rival site.

stevie c
5th July 2010, 16:36
A big congratulations to penny Arthur & Rayna you are all a very big help :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RuBiX
6th July 2010, 00:12
Wow its been ages not writing here in the forum, though I'm always checking on here..I'm just around:heartshape1::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Congratz to the new mods.. You all deserve it..Thanks Sir Arthur for greeting me on my birthday last Feb though the thread is close now. I haven't checked that bit of thread coz I was in the Philippines for a visit..:D:Hellooo: Thank you. You're ever so thoughtful:)
Anyway, I miss you all!!! The people in the forum still rocks:xxgrinning--00xx3:Cheers:Hellooo::D:Hellooo:
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!:heartshape1::heartshape1::heartshape1:

Arthur Little
6th July 2010, 00:30
To: Aileen (Acs), Sean, Eliza, Mavid, Stevie & Rubix ... :68711_thanx: all.

pennybarry
6th July 2010, 05:33
Salamat Mavid, Rubix and Steve! Welcome back and please enjoy posting!:)

Sophie
13th July 2010, 00:08
congratulations arthur, penny and rayna :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th July 2010, 00:16
:) Many thanks, Sophie ... it's a great honour.

cessxy
13th July 2010, 15:35
Congrats Penny, Arthur and Rayna :Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump:

Arthur Little
14th July 2010, 00:09
Congrats Penny, Arthur and Rayna :Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump:

And :68711_thanx:, to you also, ... sexy ... :Erm: ... I mean, Cess! :D

pennybarry
14th July 2010, 06:44
Salamat din Cess and Sophie! :xxgrinning--00xx3::)

Doc Alan
14th July 2010, 08:38
There's rightly been plenty of interest in this thread because, after Keith "Boss", the moderators are the most important members of the forum :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm sure the three "youngest" moderators (Arthur, Penny and Rayna) would wish me also to acknowledge the debt of gratitude we ordinary members owe to the established moderators:). They have individual expertise, balanced by good humour, patience in repeating advice to those who can't search for it, and (where necessary) the ability to censor or ban inappropriate contributors :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
14th July 2010, 11:07
There's rightly been plenty of interest in this thread because, after Keith "Boss", the moderators are the most important members of the forum :xxgrinning--00xx3: I'm sure the three "youngest" moderators (Arthur, Penny and Rayna) would wish me also to acknowledge the debt of gratitude we ordinary members owe to the established moderators:). They have individual expertise, balanced by good humour, patience in repeating advice to those who can't search for it, and (where necessary) the ability to censor or ban inappropriate contributors :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:kissass:

i couldnt agree more with last sentence! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
14th July 2010, 17:00
I'm sure the three "youngest" moderators (Arthur, Penny and Rayna) would wish me also to acknowledge the debt of gratitude we ordinary members owe to the established moderators:).

:iagree: ... you assume correctly, Alan ... keep it up ... flattery will get you "everywhere"! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
14th July 2010, 17:02
BTW, :welcomex: back ... hope you'd a great holiday in Switzerland!

pennybarry
16th July 2010, 04:17

Thanks Alan!
Welcome back :)
Good humour and patience are best tools to moderate. :xxgrinning--00xx3::D

jaishann
16th July 2010, 08:19
congratulations!!

Doc Alan
28th August 2010, 08:28
I started this thread on July 1 and it's due for an update :)
I'm not the first to know, but would like to congratulate Fred, Bornabirth and Steve Ry on becoming Moderators :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
28th August 2010, 10:24
Congratulations Fred, Bornabirth and Steve Ry on becoming moderators, great choices.

Good luck with the workload :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
28th August 2010, 11:30
i dont want to become a mod they seem to diisappear more times then the rabbit in the hat just happy the way i am :icon_lol:

malditako
28th August 2010, 11:41
i dont want to become a mod they seem to diisappear more times then the rabbit in the hat just happy the way i am :icon_lol:

lollll

malditako
28th August 2010, 11:42
congrats to the three...goodluck to ur new career :)

dennie
28th August 2010, 12:02
why does it seem the moderators are labelled with banned under there name?? :NoNo:

KeithD
28th August 2010, 12:18
why does it seem the moderators are labelled with banned under there name?? :NoNo:
I could answer that and stoop to their childish level, but I'm way above that type of thing.

Sim11UK
28th August 2010, 12:36
Have to say it's upsetting to see BANNED under pennybarry, Aromulus & I assume walesrob? These were real stalwarts of the forum. Penny always wrote, with great humour.

I know they all left voluntarily, but hoped they would come back in time? None of my business I know, just sad to see them go. :)

somebody
28th August 2010, 13:22

Sounds like the dreaded "vote of Confidence" a football manger gets just before he is sacked :D

Doc Alan
28th August 2010, 13:42
I could ... stoop to their childish level, but I'm way above that type of thing.
Correct, and your restraint in commenting further is surely the way to move things on :xxgrinning--00xx3:
But on lighter notes (we all need those ;)), Arthur is no longer the youngest Moderator ! :NoNo: Also , Fred, you now have a responsibilty to improve your jokes :D

rani
28th August 2010, 13:58
congrats and more power to all the moderators :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
28th August 2010, 16:30
congrats and more power to all the moderators :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I like the idea of MORE power :icon_lol:

Can I have thunder and lightning, oh! and a boot to kick some butt please :xxaction-smiley-047

triple5
28th August 2010, 16:38
I like the idea of MORE power :icon_lol:

Can I have thunder and lightning, oh! and a boot to kick some butt please :xxaction-smiley-047

We better be on our best behaviour with these new mods :D

stevewool
28th August 2010, 16:40
you can train me and steve c to kick the butts you need licking :action-smiley-081:

stevie c
28th August 2010, 17:03
good luck to the three of you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
28th August 2010, 17:04
you can train me and steve c to kick the butts you need licking :action-smiley-081:

too right steve i love kicking butt :icon_lol:

KeithD
28th August 2010, 17:44
too right steve i love licking butt :icon_lol:
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

stevie c
28th August 2010, 18:12
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

hey boss thats not fair i said kicking butt :D

stevewool
28th August 2010, 18:23
hahaha did you realy steve c did ya did ya

KeithD
28th August 2010, 18:27
Stevie C - Respected Member now eh!! ;)

stevewool
28th August 2010, 18:29
wow boss just for licking butts what have i to do:yikes::action-smiley-081:

KeithD
28th August 2010, 18:32
wow boss just for licking butts what have i to do:yikes::action-smiley-081:
Can you talk with your mouthful? :cwm24:

stevewool
28th August 2010, 18:35
yes but can i spit afterwards

rani
28th August 2010, 18:45
steves getting promoted... congrats!!!

KeithD
28th August 2010, 18:46
I was talking about marshmellows :Erm:

stevewool
28th August 2010, 18:55
i know you was , what did you think i was talking about :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:crakers

stevewool
28th August 2010, 18:55
emma has just comented on could be nuts:yikes:

stevie c
28th August 2010, 19:04
thank you boss al loast im a rewspected member yipeeeeeeeee :)

stevewool
28th August 2010, 19:24
creep:cwm23:

rani
28th August 2010, 19:36
be carepul with your spilleng stevie c... the BOSS mite retrack your promosyon :doh

stevie c
28th August 2010, 19:37
creep:cwm23:

and theres me thinking your my mate & us steves stick 2gether :action-smiley-081:

stevewool
28th August 2010, 19:40
you know what else sticks :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
28th August 2010, 19:43
you know what else sticks :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Yeah.... the bloody tube on my nose after sniffing glue :angry:

stevewool
28th August 2010, 19:59
tut tut tut you are ment to fix the airfix models with the glue not smell it silly billy:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

fred
28th August 2010, 23:56
Also , Fred, you now have a responsibilty to improve your jokes :D

Thank goodness for that Doc!! For a moment there I thought you was going to say "responsibility for cleaning them up"!!

jam07
29th August 2010, 06:01
congratulations to the new mods... you guys truly, honestly deserve and earned that position/title :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: