PDA

View Full Version : o2 Broadband & BT

Dedworth
29th June 2010, 15:54
Thumbs up to these two operations.

Broadband played up over the weekend phoned o2 support yesterday on 0800 freephone number, got through immediately to Glasgow (note unlike many others who have an 0845/0870 connecting you to Mr Patel's Call Centre in Bombay).

Ran through problem, they escalated it to 2nd level, more tests etc. Finger pointed at BT, o2 booked BT Engineer for this morning, he came round, did the necessary found problem to be underground/in box 300 yards away. The other BT Engineer phoned at 3pm fault found and fixed, BB speed now back to 5mb. Job done as it should be !

I'm glad I stuck with BT and a decent BB Provider rather than fall for all the chat and sign up with any of the others.

Well done o2 & BT :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
29th June 2010, 16:55
Wow, that was good service:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I feel like a fish out of water when I am without my internet connection.
Mick.:rolleyes:

KeithD
29th June 2010, 17:18
I have 2 independent connections... but then I'm just a sad git :D

maria_and_matt
29th June 2010, 17:34
yey hurray to BT! they gave us a good bonus this year:icon_lol:

KeithD
29th June 2010, 17:43
yey hurray to BT! they gave us a good bonus this year:icon_lol:

A free phone call :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
29th June 2010, 18:34
i'm sure all broadband ISP's have to use BT to fix any faults that are on your line which are not caused by your ISP's equipment in your local exchange..

me on virgin 20mb cable +tv+ phone :xxgrinning--00xx3:
APART FROM TRYING TO RIP ME OFF by trying to charge me more than i agreed, i cant complain about the speed or service :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
29th June 2010, 19:16
i'm sure all broadband ISP's have to use BT to fix any faults that are on your line which are not caused by your ISP's equipment in your local exchange..

They do but I think what sets o2 apart is the efficiency of their 0800 UK based Tech Support and in my case here the speed and no bullshit fixing of the problem. TBH I was fully expecting BT to come out with the usual crap - "we've tested your line and it's all OK"

joebloggs
29th June 2010, 19:44
i know what you mean, my old isp bulldog aka pipex aka tiscali , you phoned to report a fault thier call centre was in India and the line was always :censored:, but when you phone the accounts or to cancel its in the uk :icon_lol:
:action-smiley-081: to them..

Dedworth
29th June 2010, 20:15
i know what you mean, my old isp bulldog aka pipex aka tiscali , you phoned to report a fault thier call centre was in India and the line was always :censored:, but when you phone the accounts or to cancel its in the uk :icon_lol:
:action-smiley-081: to them..

BT is always a serial offender as far as Indian Call Centres are concerned but in this instance the next morning Engineers booking was made for me immediately by o2

maria_and_matt
29th June 2010, 20:39
A free phone call :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bleh:Rasp:

les_taxi
29th June 2010, 22:00

APART FROM TRYING TO RIP ME OFF by trying to charge me more than i agreed, i cant complain about the speed or service :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm on virgin 20mb too:xxgrinning--00xx3:
rand them last week to say my contract is up what you gonna do,they reduced price by £7 a month and i'm no longer on contract-good result:)

did same with sky and got £10 a month knocked off for next 6 months.

I just threaten to leave:D

Dedworth
30th June 2010, 00:50
I'm on virgin 20mb too:xxgrinning--00xx3:
rand them last week to say my contract is up what you gonna do,they reduced price by £7 a month and i'm no longer on contract-good result:)

did same with sky and got £10 a month knocked off for next 6 months.

I just threaten to leave:D

Excellent - that's the way to do it

aposhark
30th June 2010, 20:06

Can you get the 20,000 or so newsgroups on Virgin, Joe?

joebloggs
30th June 2010, 22:03
Can you get the 20,000 or so newsgroups on Virgin, Joe?

err i dont use news groups mrshark, i use hotfile and rapidshare and if your a bit worried about things :cwm24: and want to be secret squrriel , i've tired a VPN in Switerland and it worked :xxgrinning--00xx3: cost about £3 a month, and with me 20mb , it connected thru vpn at about 7mb :D no one is any the wiser :rolleyes:

les_taxi
30th June 2010, 22:15
err i dont use news groups mrshark, i use hotfile and rapidshare and if your a bit worried about things :cwm24: and want to be secret squrriel , i've tired a VPN in Switerland and it worked :xxgrinning--00xx3: cost about £3 a month, and with me 20mb , it connected thru vpn at about 7mb :D no one is any the wiser :rolleyes:

err I dont use newsgroups either:icon_lol:
butif Idid i would use vypervpn no slowdown and free:)

joebloggs
30th June 2010, 22:24
free and slow :doh
how can you not have slowdown when its got to travel thru their server
no probs with the swiss looking at logs, their not an EU member

les_taxi
30th June 2010, 22:31
free and slow :doh
how can you not have slowdown when its got to travel thru their server
no probs with the swiss looking at logs, their not an EU member

Well my son who uses it all the time gets just under 20mb as opposed to nearly 21 mb when he connects directly through virgin.
it's free as he uses is with his newsgroup who supply it foc.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
30th June 2010, 22:40
:doh its only free at that speed if you use that company.. no wonder there is not much difference in speed then :icon_lol:

les_taxi
30th June 2010, 22:46
:doh its only free at that speed if you use that company.. no wonder there is not much difference in speed then :icon_lol:

No you misunderstanding my point,This can be used independently for a fee like you pay,but since we have to pay for newsgroup anyway then get free vpn at virtually full speed is a bonus.

joebloggs
30th June 2010, 23:16
No you misunderstanding my point,This can be used independently for a fee like you pay,but since we have to pay for newsgroup anyway then get free vpn at virtually full speed is a bonus.

:D no i didn't miss your point i know you get it free with giga or you can pay for it seperately.

i dont use news groups..

mr shark, i think this is a web offer triple xl package ..

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15163

aposhark
1st July 2010, 05:35
Thanks for the info, Joe :xxgrinning--00xx3: