PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Final Countdown Page

ginapeterb
8th March 2005, 23:06
Hey everyone I thought I deserved a topic of my own, so I started this one, well it has been 18 months now, since I started my journey on the path of love and marriage in the Philippines, so I am counting on everyones support now, that includes Peter, Rob, and Keith to name a few, and many others out there, well its 18 days to go, flight is ready on Singapore Airlines for Saturday 26th March, so, here we go here we go here we go......lalalalala.

Come on keep up my spirits, wedding is booked for 9th April 2005 at the Sugarland Hotel, Sincang, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental RP at 5pm and who is coming to support me ?? what about my stag night. ???

gm47
8th March 2005, 23:32
Good luck to you both and I hope everything goes well for you, I look forward to the report of how it all goes when you return.

I've read all your reports and am visiting Manila for the first time on Friday 25th March for 2 weeks.

Good luck
Gerry

Admin
9th March 2005, 09:42
One tip, email SIA and ask them to book you a 'special meal', the fish is very nice (as long as you don't get Octopus!), but you can pick others listed on their site.

This ensures you know what your getting, but most importantly, you get the meal before everyone else, so can finish earlier and no queue for the loo :)

Should we make you an advent calendar with 18 pigeon holes? :)

mavid
9th March 2005, 21:11
Best wishes Pete :)

I would love to go to ur wedding....but its too far from me as i live in Cavite, jst a little soutn of Manila :D

anyways...goodluck...and send my loves to ur wife...

take cares
mavid

ginapeterb
10th March 2005, 15:55
Originally posted by mavid@Mar 9 2005, 08:11 PM
Best wishes Pete :)

I would love to go to ur wedding....but its too far from me as i live in Cavite, jst a little soutn of Manila :D

anyways...goodluck...and send my loves to ur wife...

take cares
mavid

Quoted post

excellent thank you..I know Cavite..quite well. I have been through on the liner from Lawton bus terminal to Tagaytay, although I wish the bus didnt go via the coast road, as its a pain...kept stopping to pick up people. why do buses in the Philippines have to do that, then they ask me if I want to pay for 2 spaces..however, I like the on board video varity shows, including Madame Aubring, and Sherilyn Reyes, its all good fun, thanks for offering to come, but as you say..its a trip on PAL..if you fancy it...dont worry..Ive got to get there as well yet, not sure how I will do it as yet..whether its PAL Cebu Pacific..or the Super Ferry

Admin
10th March 2005, 17:52
Your not packed already are you?? :o

Mind you, I'm getting stuff in for Singapore, and that's 8 weeks away. Should have the wife's passport in 3 weeks, so can travel on that. So possibly the US in September, probably Florida & Arizona for 2 weeks, and do her other 9 million friends next year!!! :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
10th March 2005, 19:06
Originally posted by admin@Mar 10 2005, 04:52 PM
Your not packed already are you?? :o

Mind you, I'm getting stuff in for Singapore, and that's 8 weeks away. Should have the wife's passport in 3 weeks, so can travel on that. So possibly the US in September, probably Florida & Arizona for 2 weeks, and do her other 9 million friends next year!!! :rolleyes:

Quoted post

Thanks Keith, I dont think I am ready for packing just yet ! i have another 2 weeks of slogging out to sell bathrooms, my website is coming on well...and Ive tried to keep it in line with our community, so it will be http://www.british-filipino.com, I have purhcased this domain name, and my hosting package shouldbe up and running shortly, however, I still have to some work to do before I leave, although I did speak to Gina today, and she has booked the hotel, and by the way the venue has changed, its now at the Business Inn Bacolod City, and not at the Sugarland as previous thought, (hmmmm why do these girls change the venue) maybe it was 100 pesos less at this one) search me I dont know, she has chosen the cake, apparently its a 3 tier cake, with a ladder upto the top section, our giveaways are heart shaped soaps in a box with our wedding photo on and the date etc, then she is having her dress made, and Nanays outfit, also her ring is being made, and mine, geeeeeeze she really will be wanting me to wear that, next their is the Master of Ceremonies, and he is also going to sing for us, the theme for Notting Hill...he is costing us 1500 for the night no bad, dont you think Keith, Peter if you are around, we are having a 5 course meal, and the Judge is coming to the venue for us, we are having 400 photos, of which we will pick an album of 80 photos, hmmmm can you imagine what that would cost in UK.

Well I will let Gina get on with all this, while I work, and try and get myself out there, still a few days to go, but this time in 2 weeks I will be just about ready to go.

Whilst writing I have found something that some of you may be interested in, its a free text message account with MMS to the Philippines
Its here at
http://www.chikka.com/
its pretty cool and works to Smart or Globe phones.

Admin
10th March 2005, 21:50
Blimey, I just took mine to the registry office in Abergele, and then onto a Chinese meal :D

I never wore rings until I got married, now I have two on, and may make it three on my next Singapore visit.

Do you have a bathroom web site? If you add a link to all my sites you get a Google ranking.

We never had a cake, I hate them. It's my birthday om Friday and I'm just having a usual day, apart from picking my mate and his girl up to stay the weekend for a few games of poker.

ginapeterb
12th March 2005, 12:56
Thanks Keith, no I dont have a website for my bathrooms as I am a company rep, and cant have a personal web site, that would be innapropriate, but if I ever leave this company, I will start one up, but at present its incompatible with my position as an agent of the company,

As far as the wedding goes, we talk about it some more yesterday, things are going generally according to plan, Gina is having her Satin wedding dress made this week, she has chosen the materials, and the beading, she is having some modern style, although I dont quite understand it.

She has of course booked the Mcee as they call it, she also asked me if I wanted a fortune dance, that is where we dance and people pin money to our clothes, I didnt fancy that, I mean well its not the British way is it ? then we have to have the speeches, my speech and the Mcee wil give one, there is also a programe of events, where the bride tosses her bouquet over the shoulder, and there will be cash in it, (hmm whose ?) we will then have the photos taken, after the marriage has been solemnized by the official, as you know the marriage contract is not signed by the Judge until afterwards, but then the marriage contract has to go to the NSO to have it registered with them, this can of course take up to 2 months, so in the meantime, we will apply for SECPA papers to be issued, prior to the entry clearance interview, we are ready for that anyway.

I will be in Country on 27th March, hopefully, its not actually confirmed as yet, still waiting for monies to come through, but I am fairly confident it will, when i arrive I will be staying overnight at a hotel in Makati, and then we will have to go to the Embassy Consular section in the morning, of course I will be giving my report on that when I get back at end of April, then its south to Bacolod to start the wedding preparations.

I cant beleive after joining the Forum nearly a year ago, that its finally upon me, all that waiting around for divorce papers, and different things, it seems now that it is all in the distant past, well its A true Filipino wedding and Im looking forward to it
I will keep you all posted.

walesrob
13th March 2005, 05:26
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Mar 8 2005, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone I thought I deserved a topic of my own, so I started this one, well it has been 18 months now, since I started my journey on the path of love and marriage in the Philippines, so I am counting on everyones support now, that includes Peter, Rob, and Keith to name a few, and many others out there, well its 18 days to go, flight is ready on Singapore Airlines for Saturday 26th March, so, here we go here we go here we go......lalalalala.

Come on keep up my spirits, wedding is booked for 9th April 2005 at the Sugarland Hotel, Sincang, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental RP at 5pm and who is coming to support me ?? what about my stag night. ???

Quoted post

Pete, good luck mate. I really wish I could be there in the sunny Philippines, but Barclaycard has suffered a massive failure after being in PI only last month and now in Hong Kong. :(

Dunno if this tip has been mentioned before on this forum, but if your travelling cattle class on Singapore Airlines, try to book an aisle seat as I found out: 1) More room to flex your elbows especially during meals 2) Easier access to toilets or if you wanna just excercise during those long flights 3) Theres a good chance that the middle seat next to you may be empty - SIA use 777's on most UK-SIN routes and a 3-4-3 config.

Good luck!
Rob
(currently in a cold Hong Kong!! I came here for the sun - WHERE IS IT?!!!! LOL)

Admin
13th March 2005, 11:00
I always get the two seats in front of the toilets, plenty more leg room. Or those at the back of the aircraft are the best.

ginapeterb
14th March 2005, 16:19
Originally posted by admin@Mar 13 2005, 10:00 AM
I always get the two seats in front of the toilets, plenty more leg room. Or those at the back of the aircraft are the best.

Quoted post

I really just want to get out there Keith to be quite honest, i couldnt care where I sit as long as I get off at the other end hahaha, well its Boring Monday and Im counting down as usual, still a good 13 days to go before I arrive in Country, and it will be the end of a long long hard slog to get with the girl I love, hmmm what we do for love boys, dont you agree ?? and whats happening to this Forum it seems to have slowed down somewhat, is that because all the interested people have got their girls here now, and its served its purpose hmmm I wonder ?? of course we dont hear from Rockman anymore !! and all those ridiculous posts, we had to trawl through, but hey, at least he posted.

Admin
15th March 2005, 09:20
Rockman's to bust trying to figure out what his rocks are for!!! :D

The forum fropped off Google for a few days when I updated the site, but it's back on now, and I'm advertising it again via the keywords, so it should pick up again.

Cheltenham Festival this week, so maybe like me, their mind is elsewhere? :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
15th March 2005, 21:23
Originally posted by admin@Mar 15 2005, 08:20 AM
Rockman's to bust trying to figure out what his rocks are for!!! :D

The forum fropped off Google for a few days when I updated the site, but it's back on now, and I'm advertising it again via the keywords, so it should pick up again.

Cheltenham Festival this week, so maybe like me, their mind is elsewhere? :rolleyes:

Quoted post

Thanks for doing that Keith, it just seems the forum has gone a little flat, we arent seeing much traffic from Philippines I dont think, although I think the dating site is quite well looked at, as for Rockman...he has put nothing back into the forum, we havent heard from him, before we couldnt keep him off, sadly, he has lost all interest in the forum now, but as I have said, people come use the forum and we dont hear from them again, I belong also to the http://asawa.org/asawa forum in the U.S.A. and thats very busy, but most of the posts, come from couples who are happy and settled, and all they want to do is help other couples have happiness, by answering just about any question anyone has ever had.

I spend about 30 minutes a night looking over the days, posts on the Asawa forum, and its quite good fun talking to others,

Anyway, we have to understand that some people will be like that.

Best wishes

peterdavid
17th March 2005, 13:27
Hi Pete,

Best of luck for the big day, it souds like you've really gone to town planning it, sounds like it will be a really good day. We went to Boracay and then Hong Kong for our honeymoon, but we didn't manage the big church wedding - hats off to you for managing to arrange that over there!!

You'll be flying out about the same time as us - just going for a quick visit, but only for the week so we'll be back in the UK by the time of your big day.

Anywy, congratulations, I'm glad it's all working out for you, the long wait is definitely worth it.

ginapeterb
17th March 2005, 16:06
Originally posted by peterdavid@Mar 17 2005, 12:27 PM
Hi Pete,

Best of luck for the big day, it souds like you've really gone to town planning it, sounds like it will be a really good day. We went to Boracay and then Hong Kong for our honeymoon, but we didn't manage the big church wedding - hats off to you for managing to arrange that over there!!

You'll be flying out about the same time as us - just going for a quick visit, but only for the week so we'll be back in the UK by the time of your big day.

Anywy, congratulations, I'm glad it's all working out for you, the long wait is definitely worth it.

Quoted post

Hi Peter, good to see you online, well let us know where you will be, you never know, I might take Gina up to Boracay for 2-3 days before the wedding, just for a break, I could do with it actually, I really should have gone this Friday, but I will have to wait another week, thanks for the support, you are quite right, its been a long long time, we are more or less doing the same as you, going up to Boracay for 2-3 days, then maybe we will do another Hong Kong package, Im suprised you are only going for a week, I know whats its like, by the time you get there, its 2 days travelling and 2 days back, I find a week isnt long enough, but then if you have to get back for work etc, I guess its the only way, actually Pete we arent doing a church wedding, its a civil ceremony, but a proper Filipino wedding, at the Business Inn in Bacolod City, we are having the full extras package, room up to a 100 guests, for the full 5 course sit down dinner, tell your wife, we are also having 2 Pigs as well, they are about P5000 for the pair, of course I shan't be killing them, that will be done for us, we are having quite a few extras, but its within my budget, did you know Pete total cost of the wedding including the rings, photography, ceremony, judges fees, Barong, wedding dress, 5 course dinner, ice carvings, place settings, flowers, reception music, mercedes car for the Mother of the bride, and entourage, brides accessories, is tops £1200.00 or P120,000 not bad is it ?? that also includes invitations, Master of Ceremonies, and Give Aways, so the same thing here in UK, we are talking mega bucks, I think you get much more for your money in the Phils and Im looking forward to a decent wedding, my first marriage was a quick trip to the registry office and it cost me about £25.00 at the most.

I want Gina to have a nice wedding, and I am really looking forward to it, just wish these days would move a little faster, but thats always the way, with these things.

Admin
18th March 2005, 09:46
£1200, blimey I lost that on one horse yesterday! Think I'll go and get married again just for the party :lol:

That's why I would like to live somewhere decent over there, I'd be in the well off bracket, but then most Westerners are over there.

Will you be wearing a kilt? :P :D

Oishii
18th March 2005, 17:10
Hi Pete,

I wish you and your lady all the very best of luck for the future.

My departure from this cold, damp climate has had to be delayed for a while. I've cancelled my ticket for Monday. My middle daughter, from my marriage is going into Stoke Mandeville hospital in April for some major bone grafting surgery on her spine, and I really need to be around. She'll be flat on her back for 8 weeks at least, to let the bone graft heal.

So, my departure to to the wonderful country is postponed for a while. The beautiful woman is also very understanding and is happy for me to stay a little longer here. It'll also enable me to spend some time learning from Keith's profesional advice, (and paying him the £30 of course).

Does anyone from the site ever meet up as a group? Either here or the beautiful country?

Best regards to you all,

Paul & Jas.

ginapeterb
18th March 2005, 19:55
Originally posted by Oishii@Mar 18 2005, 04:10 PM
Hi Pete,

I wish you and your lady all the very best of luck for the future.

My departure from this cold, damp climate has had to be delayed for a while. I've cancelled my ticket for Monday. My middle daughter, from my marriage is going into Stoke Mandeville hospital in April for some major bone grafting surgery on her spine, and I really need to be around. She'll be flat on her back for 8 weeks at least, to let the bone graft heal.

So, my departure to to the wonderful country is postponed for a while. The beautiful woman is also very understanding and is happy for me to stay a little longer here. It'll also enable me to spend some time learning from Keith's profesional advice, (and paying him the £30 of course).

Does anyone from the site ever meet up as a group? Either here or the beautiful country?

Best regards to you all,

Paul & Jas.

Quoted post

Paul, I have met up with Maurizo one of our Forum members, we met up last year, to complete his financee visa application form, we met at London Liverpool Street Station and sat in McDonalds for a couple of hours, supping lots of coffee and exchanging photos of both of us with our babes "In Country" but apart from that, I havent met upwith anyone else, we are all basically spread around the UK, although if you live in London we should have a meet up, I am in London most days working, but let us know whereyou are.

Lets see what we can do.

Admin
18th March 2005, 21:20
I've heard strange stories about men meeting up in railway stations :lol:

Great Cheltenham, I managed 14 out of 24 winners, my best ever, and I think I passed 10 of them onto members, so they are happy. Well apart from the odd one's who ignore the advice and think they know better!! :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
22nd March 2005, 20:00
Originally posted by admin@Mar 18 2005, 08:20 PM
I've heard strange stories about men meeting up in railway stations :lol:

Great Cheltenham, I managed 14 out of 24 winners, my best ever, and I think I passed 10 of them onto members, so they are happy. Well apart from the odd one's who ignore the advice and think they know better!! :rolleyes:

Quoted post

Well is great to see the forum is back online again, boy whatever will we do if the big button is pushed, well as you know this is my countdown page, so hey, listen in...well 3 days to go and a wake up... and finally here it is..my own website, at
http://www.british-filipino.com so go on you can all have your little looksee, now, and best of luck, it only took me 6 weeks to build.

Oishii
23rd March 2005, 09:35
Hi Pete,

As you may have read, my departure has been delayed for a while. I wish you and your lovely lady all the best for the future.

As for meeting. I work in Westminster, mostly in the Marylebone Road/Lisson Grove area. So when you get back from "in country" we'll sort something out. You can show me your wedding pic's, discuss divorces, the future etc. :lol:

Anyway, as I said, I wish you both the very best of luck for the future. Have a wonderful time "in country". See ya soon.

Paul.

peterdavid
23rd March 2005, 10:31
Hi pete,

Not long now then...? We're off out there ourselves on sunday, just a flying visit for family reasons and then back again. Hope it all goes really well for you, and it's everything you hoped for.

When are you planning on lodging the visa?

Take care,
Paul.

ginapeterb
23rd March 2005, 18:06
Originally posted by peterdavid@Mar 23 2005, 09:31 AM
Hi pete,

Not long now then...? We're off out there ourselves on sunday, just a flying visit for family reasons and then back again. Hope it all goes really well for you, and it's everything you hoped for.

When are you planning on lodging the visa?

Take care,
Paul.

Quoted post

Hi well we have a provisional date booked with the call centre for 26th April 2005, however we may not be ready in time, I suspect we wont be, the Judge has to sign the marriage contract and will not do that we are told until Monday the 11th of April, however, we have to register the marriage with the NSO, I am due back in UK on 20th April 2005 and its back straight out to work, it maybe that 6 days later Gina is in Manila for her interview however, I dont think she will be, we may have to set it back 2 weeks until we are ready with the paperwork, but hey whats 2 weeks this has been going on for 20 months now, so its coming up to 2 years, we have our whole life ahead of us, so another 2 weeks isnt going to make much difference, secondly, I would want Gina to have a Despedida de soldera before she comes over, so that has to be arranged, but I think by middle of May she will be here, if everything goes according to plan, as its spring now, I think its a good time for her to come over.

Well it looks like you are heading over just the day after, I will be hanging around Makati for 2 days, as the Embassy is not open on Monday its a bank hol obviously, so we will be hanginga around, geeeeze I dont know what we will be getting up to ? we have a condo booked actually...but Im not sure what the arrangements are as yet, Im sure Aunty has organized it.

On Tuesday we will be in the Consular section fixing up the LCM and then its down to the provinces for the wedding, we will be probably heading over to Boracay, I am trying to persuade Gina to let us go, the weather will be fantastic...if you are going, just let me know where you are likely to be staying, and of course..you have never given me your surname..so i couldnt possibly find you.

I will be either at Casar Pilar Beach resort, or Nigi Nigi Noos Noos, I think !!, but if you are there between say 31st and 7th, I will be in Nigi Nigi Noos Noos bar, most nights, with Gina..you cant miss me, big, blonde, england shirt..what else do you need.

Pete

ginapeterb
23rd March 2005, 18:10
Hello Paul,

Well hey dont worry, sometimes things in life happen that delay matters, dont be downhearted, if you had to go through a divorce back to back with your relationship, thats the hardest thing of all, I am sometimes up in that area where you work, I do calls in Westminsiter, reguarly, Im in NW11 tomorrow actually, in the afternoon, I know a few places on Edgware road, we could meet up, if you fancy a coffee and a chat, if you look across from the Victory Services Club, to Edgware road, there is a Starbucks across their..near to Marble Arch station, there a few places around, there, or I could meet you at Edgware road, tube station, although to do that, I would have to come up by train, or leave the car in one of those underground car parks, but, maybe if you fancy a natter, I can come into the area, if its divorce advice you need, hahahah wait until i get back from being married later on in April 2005, have to get this wedding done first, buddy, but its a bummer if you are married and with a filipina, you have to do something positive for her, or you will never end up together, well not in UK Anyway.

Have you seen my website...http://www.british-filipino.com works much better with broadband.

Pete

ginapeterb
24th March 2005, 08:49
Well guys its 1 day plus a wake up !!!, getting closer and closer just, and then i will be winging my way out to the land of Duck fetus eggs, bits of paper, and express fee charges, and I just cant beleive finally its here wow.

So come on lets have some more final fanfares, it should b easy, "Whenever your asked a question just say I do"

Admin
24th March 2005, 19:48
Excellent site Pete, sure you haven't done it before? Maybe you should change jobs? Sitting in front of a computer all day is hard work though!!

Strange isn't it, if your out at work all day for say 12 hours, your family respect you, if your stuck at home in front of your computer for 12 hours a day, earning more than you would in an outside job, your family think your a lazy git!!!

Good luck Pete, and enjoy the nice weather. I'm off to Singapore in 5 weeks.....oh bugger, haven't booked the hotel yet!!! :o

ginapeterb
30th March 2005, 08:35
Hello Keith, and everyone else, just checking in, well I arrived in Manila, at 1.15pm on Sunday, weather was scorching, around 34 degrees Celsius, Makati was a scorcher, the British Embassy was its usual helpful self, I had to wait over 1 hour to get my Legal Capacity for Marriage but it was a formality, the fee is P3850.00, and they gave me 2 copies, and a file copy, I am now down in the Province of Negros Occidental, and we have applied for the marriage licence, we did escape having to do the marriage counselling, and we had that FIXED hehehehe, so we got out of that one, the fee for the marriage licence is P650.00 that includes 6 copies of everything, I have got my Barong sorted out, and we are just relaxing this afternoon, tomorrow we have to go and meet all of our sponsors, and also we have an appointment to see the Presiding Judge at our wedding, so I am renting a 4 x 4 to go around and see all of the people who will be involved in the wedding. We have also done the invitations, and are organizing other thingts, well I wil keep checking in, also I noticed that when you go the Embassy, your fiancee cannot hang around outside, there is no where for them to wait, which is frustrating.

See you all soon.

Oishii
31st March 2005, 07:38
Hi Pete & Gina,

I wish you both all the best for the your big day and for your future life together.

I wish I could be there myself right now. Not only do I miss my beautiful Jasmin, but the weather in the UK is lousy. :(

I can't wait to get back there, and this time it'll be for good. My trip has been delayed because of my daughter's pending surgery. I'll take that time to sort my life out here properly this time. Get the divorce settled, then I can have a clear conscience and marry Jasmin soon after my arrival. :rolleyes:

You mentioned in yesterdays post, how hot it is in Manila. Jasmin tell me that the weather is a bit unusual at the moment. Hotter than normal and not yet the hotest time of the year. Changing climates worldwide eh?

Best of luck to you Pete and Gina. :D

Paul & Jas.

Admin
31st March 2005, 08:45
Get your monies worth out of the 4x4, some great places out there for off roading, not like the crap we have over here....

.....and stop using bribes to get things done....or at least don't try it over here in PC World!!!! ;)

Not worth telling you to have fun, as WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING :lol: :lol: :P

As Oishii syas, weather is great here, I don't very often have the chance to watch goldfish swim past the window......

4.5 weeks till Singapore though, make you wonder why we keep coming back to Blighty!!

Oishii
31st March 2005, 11:25
Some of the roads I've been on there are like being off road here.

We keep coming back here because ........

I wish I f...ing knew why!

I won't be coming back the next time I go, :D unless there's a death in the family. :(

Admin
31st March 2005, 13:19
I'm waiting for a death in the family to get some money to go :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oishii
31st March 2005, 17:06
;) I never thought of that. Now, where's my gun? :ph34r:

Admin
1st April 2005, 13:32
I've forgotten when his wedding day is :o

Oishii
2nd April 2005, 00:15
Isn't it the 9th? ;)

Admin
2nd April 2005, 09:46
I know he changed it, but to what I do not know.

I need to arrange the stripping Emelda Marcos for him :lol:

ginapeterb
2nd April 2005, 10:21
Hi Everyone

Its Pete and Gina here in Bacolod City Philippines, Hi Keith and Ping,and also Paul and Jasmin thanks for checking in on us, well so far so good, we have been doing the rounds, firstly, we have all much achieved its been a week now, yes Keith, I do hear you, we are involved in some rather nice horizontal refreshment, and I dont need to tell you how that is. !!!

As for arrangements, the wedding is on the April 10th, Keith if anyone wants to send a well wishing message, its at the Business Inn, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, hall B, Lacson Street, at 10.30am.

We have now completed our appointements with the principal sponsors, we have today been at the Florists, engaging a florist and reception dresser, they will come down on the morning and lay out the room, then the hotel, will complete the seating, tables and decorations, so its an early start for all concerned, then there is also the Judge, who has received his fee ??? 5000, he will also express the paperwork to Manila for us at the NSO, at the moment we are just going around, making some finishing touches, then its off to Boracay next week for Some R and R, before coming back on Thursday to make final preparations, we will probably honeymoon the 3rd week in Malaysia, there is a 5/6 package to Kuala Lumpur, or one to Beijing, Schenzen, there is also the prospect of Singapore, what do you think Keith, should we go there and try that ???? I will await your advices, is there plenty to do and see for 3/4 days.

Paul, thanks for your support, Im hoping to meet up with you in London when I get back, bring some photos to show you and how is Jasmin, where in the Phils is she ? and if you need help with your UK Divorce, you are talking to the right man ?? always happy to help you, go on Paul go for it, get divorced and marry that Filipina babe as quick as you can.

See you all after the weekend,

Pete

Admin
2nd April 2005, 11:36
Hi Pete, thanks for clearing up our lack of memory! Terrible the way the mind fades when you reach 39 :lol:

I haven't been to Malaysia yet, but I'd highly recommend Singapore. You could spend 3 days trying the Worlds food in different restaurants every hour if you wished.

Day one, just relax, go around Orchard Road checking out the amazing shopping plaza's, not missing out Lucky Plaza the homeland of Filipino shops, and full of the people themselves on a Sunday. http://www.marimari.com/content/singapore/...oad/orchad.html (http://www.marimari.com/content/singapore/shopping/orchad_road/orchad.html)

Day two, visit Sentosa via the cable car, relax on the beach, and visit Underwater World, Dolphin World, and many other places on this exotic island. You also have great views of Singapore. Don't forget the memory for the digi cam. If you have time take a boat trip from the Jetty under the cable car on the mainland. Then back to Orchard road for a good evening meal and another stroll around the plaza's you missed. Also visit Sim Lim Square for all electronic goods, this is my Heaven :) http://www.sentosa.com.sg/

Day three. A must is the Zoo and the Bird Park, both will fill the day up, with plenty of walking, and you'll certainly be ready for bed :rolleyes:
http://www.birdpark.com.sg/Main/
http://www.zoo.com.sg/

Oishii
2nd April 2005, 13:06
Hi Pete & Gina,

Jasmin is well and very happy now that I'm getting things sorted properly before I get there. Jas has 2 sisters, both younger than herself. The eldest of the 2 has a 4 year old child, but has ditched the husband. She is going for annulment, as she has a wealthy American b/f now. She has a very good job and earns good money, but she thinks it gives her the right to lord it over the others. She treats them both like maids. The youngest sister has just married and she and her husband both live in the house. They both work for banks.

Because of the way the elder sis treats her, Jas has just moved out of the house they shared. She has had enough of her sister being in control all of the time. I’ll tell you more about it when we meet Pete.

Jas lives in Metro Manila. She has just moved from Bago-Bantay, Quezon City, where she lived with her 2 sisters, to Panghulo, Malabon City. She has an apartment in a secure block. One of her 3 brothers lives in the apartment next door with his wife. Now that she has moved out, she is more relaxed, so what with me getting things sorted and her being more relaxed away from her sis’ things are good all-round for her.

I’m looking forward to our meeting and seeing your wedding pics. The divorce advice will be helpful too. When you get back I’ll email my number to you and you can give me a call when you are in Westminster. We’ll sort out where to meet.

I must also congatulate you on your command of Tagalog. You have picked the language up very quickly. I wish I could do the same. I think I'll have to find someone to give me lessons.

Keith’s 3 day suggestion in Singapore sounds good. I may treat Jas and myself to that one when I get there.

Best wishes to Gina and yourself.

Paul & Jas.

Admin
2nd April 2005, 13:44
I always use this site for hotels, it's proved to be the cheapest overall http://www.asiarooms.com/

Recommended Singapore hotels are York, Scotts, Crown Prince, and Orchard. The food in the York is excellent. All these are slap bang in the main artery of Singapore.

ginapeterb
3rd April 2005, 05:14
Hi Keith and Paul,

Its Sunday today, pretty quiet in town, not much to do, Gina has gone to her Mothers, to see her for a couple of hours, I am in the Gaisano City Mall, Bacolod, just browsing, and looking at your suggestions for Singapore, i think thats the place for us, Keith, lots to do in a small place, great place for our honeymoon break, we will be heading up to Boracay on the 11th for a 3 to 4 day break in the warm waters, some swimming, and the usual horizontal aerobics, probably a boat trip here and there, then we will book a package to Singapore.

Its a shame cos I am going home to UK via Singapore, but this will be my first trip there to see the City, that will be great, we dont have much to do today, we have 2 appointments next week, the the Florist, and the Master of Cermonies, I think I will do a big peice on Filipino weddings on my web site, because its like you said Keith One big headache, I guess it will all be ok on the day, the paperwork side suprisingly enough is not as bad as I was expecting.

As for your situation Paul, will be happy to talk to you about your UK Divorce, and hope that you can get back in Country soon, again, how is the weather back in London ? here it is very hot, and stufffy, I have been in the room during the hours of 11.00am to 3pm, as its been so hot, and venturing out of the hotel room around the late afternoon, no point in getting mega hot when there is no need.

Well hope to hear from you all soon, have a nice weekend,

Pete and Gina

Admin
3rd April 2005, 15:19
I just booked 15 nights in The York for our stay in May.

If your looking for stlye, you can get a balcony suite in The York, or a Superior room in the Orchard.

If your flushed The Hilton is nearby at around £125 a night!

ginapeterb
5th April 2005, 07:07
Hi All,

Not much happening today, just relaxing, went out for dinner last night with freinds, usual filipino gathering, lots of food on the table, thats one thing, they do make sure they eat.

Still a few days off from the wedding, Gina is back at work at the moment, its better that way, as she can achieve much more by close to the phones at the office, and arrange things for us, I have had a lie in this morning, this is when I do Miss UK, cant think why ? but I do miss my car, hate taking taxis all the time, and then when you do rent a van, there is not many places to go as Negros is a fairly unpopulated island with only 2 major cities, and the other one is 250 KM away, hehehehehe and over a dangerous mountain path, then there is the problem of the rebels, in the mountains up there, so i am not happy with driving across the mountain in case they like the prospect of a kano to kidnap.

Oh well its off to Bobs for lunch

Bye Bye

Oishii
5th April 2005, 09:32
Hi Gina & Pete,

So you're practicing the favourite Filipino pastime of browsing the malls. Great, I love that too. Nice cool air and lots of pretty girls in short skirts to keep the interest level high.

When I'm "in country" next it will be perminantly. I will only be coming back for short visits. So, I will get more time to travel around and see the more beautiful parts of the Phil's outside of Metro Manila. Maybe next time Gina and yourself are back in country we can all meet up for a chin-wag over dinner.

It seems that arranging a wedding in country is harder work than doing it here, but much better value for money. One of my daughters had a civil wedding here last year. We had a reception and a good knees up in a local hotel, but the cost was over £7,000. I did try to talk her into getting married abroad, but she didn't think that many people would attend.

I'm looking forward to having a natter and seeing your wedding pic's. I'm gonna pick up the divorce papers this week, so that I can get going as soon as I can with it. I'm thinking that unreasonable behaviour might be good. Things like squeezing the wrong end of the toothpast tube etc. come to mind. :lol:

Well, I hope you enjoyed your lunch. You've probably had snacks and preparing for dinner by now. :lol:

Take care, both of you.

Best wishes.

ginapeterb
7th April 2005, 11:06
Hi Guys,

Yes arranging a Filipino wedding is extremely time consuming, especially when you cant get done what you want, we are pretty tired today of running from A to B, trying to obtain things, we had to get the official programme done, then the Master Programme for the Mcee then things have not been ready, and people dont seem to have much of a sense of urgency, then we had problems this morning with my passport, and the travel operator, for our honeymoon, they said the prices were not for British or American only for Filipino's so they tried to charge me a premium, as they said the package prices are only for them, and that they are for only locals, hmmmmm what can one say about that, in the end we have arranged something somewhere else, however its now Singapore for a week, so Keith, I would be greatful if we could have a itinerary of places that we can go, we have 6 nights 7 days, so help us out Keith.

Getting things done has not been easy, although the cost of the wedding has been great, money goes so much further over here, We are eating lunch for about UK2.00 isnt that nice, I had a nice lunch in the hotel today, Mango shake, coffee, water, Mushroom Soup, fries, and Hungarian Sasuage with mustard and sauerkraut for around UK2.00 cant be bad, we are collecting Gina's dress today and my Barong, also the swag (decorative ribbons) for the hall, and the decorators are coming down this afternoon to look, the Mcee is going to sing a few numbers at the wedding, I got him for P1500.00 although I will pay him P2000.00 as he is so good, the giveaways are ready, I have a giveaway for you Kieth and Ping, to send for you on my return, (please need your address for that) also one for you Paul ( I will bring to London for you ) I have had special momento giveaways made for close friends and associates, to bring back to Uk, Gina had her make up test yesterday, and then you have the ritual of the food tasting, oh boy, it just goes on and on, Filipino weddings sure are stressful, but at the end its nice, you do get a sense of the importance over here, well look foward to hearing from you all.

Best wishes

Pete and Gina

Admin
7th April 2005, 21:15
I've written a little something on Singapore for you Pete :)
http://www.win2winracing.com/inv_filipino/...p?showtopic=283 (http://www.win2winracing.com/inv_filipino/index.php?showtopic=283)

I wish you and Gina all the best for your future. We only live once, so enjoy :D

Oishii
18th April 2005, 16:18
Hi Gina and Pete,

I hope everything went as planned for the wedding and the honeymoon.

Pete, let me know when you are back in Blighty and I'll send you my contact number so we can make arrangements to meet up.

Take care.

ginapeterb
19th April 2005, 04:26
Hi Guys I am in Singapore Changhi Airport Keiths favourite stomping ground as we speak, just finished my honeymoon Gina is somewhere browsing the shops, well Keith, after 6 days, found out what Singapore is like, I have done the Sentosa tour, been on cable car, been to Clark Quay, done the Suntec City Malls, Lucky Plaza, Centrepoint, Orchard road shopping, the only thing is, boy its hot during the day, but did find a nice place to eat, called Thai Tuk Tuk Kitchen, meals were around SD 5.00 per dish, which were nice, I also did a trip to Indonesia, and also, to Johor Bahru, just hanging around for my flight back to Manila, at 13.05 today, its now 11.25am Singapore, one night in Manila, and its the 8.25am back to Singapore in the morning for my 12.40pm flight to Heathrow, arriving at 19.30pm local, boy its back to work !!!! Keith thanks for the text message to my Smart number, that was nice, I appreciated it and Gina sends her regards.
Best wishes everyone,

Hope Paul and jasmin are well.

See you back in UK tomorrow, will arrange a get together.

Pete

ginapeterb
20th April 2005, 22:51
Ok well here I am, back in blighty once again, the flight from Manila to Singapore was superb, aboard there Boeing 777-200 more legroom, better t.v. screens, they are showing the Aviator, The Fokkers, Natiional Treasure at present, however the security checks at NAIA were incredible, around 6 in all, and the sheer crowds at NAIA spoilt the check in at SIA, however all in all, a good flight, the flight from Singapore was not as good on their Boeing 747-400 however I did have 2 seats to myself in Economy, the legroom is not as good, and sadly I had to sit behind a crying baby for 12.5 hours, never mind I am back, living alone again, but not for long, hopefully Gina should be with me in next 4-6 weeks if all goes according to plan, the visa interview date has been moved for 4 weeks to allow us time to obtain our NSO Papers.

Hope to see you all soon.

Pete

Admin
21st April 2005, 07:28
Welcome back Mrs Pete :P

Told you to make sure you booked a 777, much nicer as you have seen, I always travel out from Manchester on a Wednesday as this ensures you are on one. I think they have two a week now though, used to only be one. Never had any leg room problem on them, and much cleaner. Just a pity I'm not allowed on the flight deck anymore, I used to enjoy switching the engines off :o :blink:

You'd better get the toothbrush out and scrub the house, these Filipino's will find dirt that even a microscope won't pick up.

Our niece who came over the other month has totally rebuilt her husband-to-be's house :lol: They are coming here for the weekend, that'll be nice, never met him, and not seen the niece since we were in Davao in Sept 2004. Just hope she likes my sausage & black pudding butties :rolleyes:

No texting me for tips every 5 minutes eh Pete :D Here's one...SNOOKER CUE.....that has a tip ;)

Oishii
21st April 2005, 12:08
Hi Pete,

Welcome back. It's good to hear that everything went well, and that Gina will be over here quite soon. I hope the interview goes well for her. There shouldn't be any problems, 'cos you are pretty clued up on the system and will have made sure that everything is on order.

Anyway, it's good to see you back. I'll send my contact number to your email address.

See ya soon.

Paul & Jas.

ginapeterb
22nd April 2005, 16:39
Hi Guys,

Thanks Keith, yes Im back in town, just had my first day back at work, although didnt do too much, hmmm things are so mahal in Uk di ba !! pero we get used to it once again, Thanks for the numbers Paul I will be in touch, maybe we can meet up one day, when i have the photos sorted, should be doing that this weekend, and making a small personal album, also the wedding album we paid for is being done in the Philippines at this moment, Gina will bring that with her, when she finally arrives in blightly.

I think I picked up a bug in Indonesia, those toilets in Batam Island are worse than in the Phils, but is back to normality now, not much happening on the forum lately I see, I know Ive been busy with the wedding, but I should be back to normal now, i wont be going back to the Philippines until christmas 2005, I need to get my head down and earn some dosh, to put back what I have spent last year and this year, well see you all soon.

Keith I need your address for the giveaway, will send up in a small box, nothing special just a wedding token, Ping knows what they are.

Pete

Admin
22nd April 2005, 21:46
Ping knows what they are.
I hope they're not used one's :o :lol:

First my mobile, now my address, people will be talking, I only live in a small village :rolleyes:

Got a present 4u as well (AAAGGHH txt talk!!!)

My wife's niece and her fiancee are visiting from Kent this Saturday, so looking forward to that...hope he's not a weirdo, otherwise that'll be two of us :P