PDA

View Full Version : advice needed please.........

janoo
27th June 2010, 17:00
hi everyone..as i have said i'm very new to this planet from singapore.i don't know if i had chosen the right place for me.way back 3yrs before, i was in my home planet (the philippines),i'm helping the father of my kids running our printing business but because digital prints invaded the world of printing, the manual and offset, had been weaken its strength so i decided to try my luck abroad..luckily, one of my dear cousin try to help me to get a job in canada as a domestic helper which offers higher income so she adviced me to have atleast a DH experience in singapore, so i worked as a caregiver to a special child,and finished a 2yr contract with the family, but my application for my visa to canada still on process coz the waiting is quite long(15-18 months upon the submission of my application) so i found another employer(who brought me here), as my UK visa was approved(which took only a week), i received also my appointment for interview from the Canadian Embassy but because my boss done a lot for me to get here i considered his effort and decided to come here.The thing is when i'm here he offered me twice my salary in singapore which is only 1/3 of my salary offered in canada..since i don't have any idea of how much is the minimum wage for a DH here in UK, can anybody give me advice,please????????i'm bit disappointed but because he is good to me then that's only my consolation.Did i make a big mistake choosing to come here than going to Canada???i'm just bit lost...:Erm::NoNo::doh

stevewool
27th June 2010, 17:28
the minimum wage is £5.80, but its been known to pay less then that , you have to ask yourself are you happy here, we all can think have we made a mistake an yes some have but you live with what you sow , if you are not happy then move on , if that is what you are wanting , good luck in what ever you choose:)

bornatbirth
28th June 2010, 14:19
when how much have you been offered to work in the uk?, i wouldnt know have much you should get payed but i do know what i would accept, why not tell us the offer?

janoo
29th June 2010, 20:02
million thanx guys for the advice, anyway, maybe i'm still in the process of adjustment to everything, hoping i'll be fine and just go forward..thanxx....:)

janoo
29th June 2010, 20:03
million thanx...