PDA

View Full Version : savings

empott
9th February 2007, 04:31
can anyone enlighten me on this pls? can we use my husband's oil share/stock as a proof that he can support me? i know its not an income but can we use it as savings? we have savings in the phils too, can we use that too? if that is the case, can we process application now without waiting for the 6 months the embassy is asking? he's working now too in UK.

KeithD
9th February 2007, 09:40
It is not savings, it is an investment. Same as the fact I never supplied copies of my betting accounts when the missus applied (in my case investment also). If they accepted these, you could count a car you own as money, the house furniture, etc....all have value, but may be worth Zero tomorrow.

The proof they require is generally that he can support you in the UK, without using public funds, and has a steady income. Money in the Phil, even if the account is in his name, may be taken as your money, and therefore not proof.

I may be wrong but they ask for UK proof. Over to Rob :)

fred
9th February 2007, 12:54
I suppose he could sell them and then declare this as savings..
Buy them back again later.

empott
9th February 2007, 12:56
:bigcry: :Brick: :bigcry: :Brick: :bigcry:

Anyway, thanks Boss.

fontain
9th February 2007, 13:46
I never had any real savings as such, but a good wage and quite a lot of disposable income and my fiancees visa has just been granted.

I did explain to them that any savings I did have were spent funding our relationship

I think that if after all your bills (house, travel, food, utilities, phone, entertainment & misc expenses etc) you have enough left over each month to comfortably support her (say at least 300.00 but more would be good) you should be alright

I just showed my salary and all bills on an excel spreadsheet and my total disposal income after all deductions
Thy can cross reference you income against your payslips and as long as you include all costs it makes it easy for them to see how much you have left after everything is paid out
Also my bank statements were always in the black.

joebloggs
9th February 2007, 14:56
hmm investments. savings, whats the difference,, ? :rolleyes:
its all money,,
for my wifes spouse visa, i included a letter from my nephew stating that i had invested money in his company.
anyway on the visa forms it asks you if your family or someone elses gives you money..

they should check what you have in savings/investments against what debts you have..

whats to stop you, if your thinking of getting a visa, you could get a bank loan for say £5000, as the embassy only want the last 6 months bank statements , take the loan and wait 6 months, then apply for a visa and pay most of the loan back off

its all bit pointless there are ways and means to get aorund anything.. i would have more savings if i didnt have to keep paying for VISA'S :Brick:

joebloggs
9th February 2007, 14:59
WOW :xxgrinning--00xx3:
a scouser has made me a respected member, must have hurt you keith :icon_lol:

oh or is it a bug in the system ! :CompBuster:
:yikes:

KeithD
9th February 2007, 15:29
It's a thank you for the other night Big Boy :action-smiley-081: :icon_tonguew: :Sex: :yikes:

vbkelly
9th February 2007, 16:32
can anyone enlighten me on this pls? can we use my husband's oil share/stock as a proof that he can support me? i know its not an income but can we use it as savings? we have savings in the phils too, can we use that too? if that is the case, can we process application now without waiting for the 6 months the embassy is asking? he's working now too in UK.

if you have ISA SAVINGS you can use it,will it doesn't matter any money saving you have you can use it

baboyako
9th February 2007, 18:55
I think generally they want to see that you are not overdrawn & keep a few months living expenses in your account :Erm:

andypaul
9th February 2007, 22:13
As well as waiting six months for the bank statments for the application. Do bear in mind you both need to have a decent amount of savings/income for when you first come over.

No one can say how much the heating bill will go up, Cost of setting up a joint home and finding the foods you like will all hit the bank account trust me. The telephone bill will probably rocket both british callls and international. The wife was stuck at home at first so we joined blockbusters so she could hire dvds so she was not bored during the day.

The buying of an entire wardrobe of british weather clothes also cost just a little.

If we could have done it all again i would have saved even more money than i did to help my wife settle in.

Its hard waiting but just make sure you both have enough to support you both with out worrying about the money to much instead of enjoying being together.

joebloggs
10th February 2007, 01:59
It's a thank you for the other night Big Boy :action-smiley-081: :icon_tonguew: :Sex: :yikes:

well now you know where canal street is in Manchester, you can pick the same guy up again for more :action-smiley-081: :icon_tonguew: :Sex: :yikes:

joebloggs
10th February 2007, 02:17
finding food, my wife and kids like rice, what else, hmm but as a veggy my wife must spend £10 each week on just meat or fish :bigcry: , there is a shop that sells imported filipino food near us ,but its so dear ! so we only go once a month.

as for telephone bill, my wife only phones bakc home a couple of times a month, i just got a orange ad thru the door, internet and calls package, for £20+line rental you get free unlimited national and international calls ( to 100 countries) in the evening !!

yes its hard, my wife was lucky, within a year she managed to get a job working for the NHS working part time 5 hours a day.

but its all the little things that add up, lunch money for my step daughter, swimming lessons, school clothes, driving lessons for my wife, exam fees, etc, etc etc :Brick: :bigcry: :doh never mind cost of a new bb :doh
:NoNo: child care. oh :Help1:

empott
10th February 2007, 03:36
Wow! I'm a respected member now too! :woohoo: Thanks Boss. :BouncyHappy:

empott
10th February 2007, 04:47
As well as waiting six months for the bank statments for the application. Do bear in mind you both need to have a decent amount of savings/income for when you first come over.

No one can say how much the heating bill will go up, Cost of setting up a joint home and finding the foods you like will all hit the bank account trust me. The telephone bill will probably rocket both british callls and international. The wife was stuck at home at first so we joined blockbusters so she could hire dvds so she was not bored during the day.

The buying of an entire wardrobe of british weather clothes also cost just a little.

Thanks guys for ur advices. I think we will be fine then. I am not a high maintenance woman :rolleyes: I will be craving for filipino food from time to time, but im used of just eating bread or potatoes or cereals. :icon_lol: ... As for calling international, my parents can do the calling coz its cheaper to call from here... Plus they have a pc at home and i'll be leaving mine too, so communication wont be hard, i guess. The only problem will be the heating. He will be spending alot on that. :D I cant take the cold

andypaul
10th February 2007, 09:01
My Wife is also not a high maintenace woman and prefers the bargin. But it was still a shock with all the costs:omg:

Just out of intrest out much does it cost you to call the UK from phill?

fred
10th February 2007, 09:36
oops.. Sorry wrong info..
Not sure on costs of calling UK from Phil.

KeithD
10th February 2007, 10:08
Where supposed to be British guys......stiff upper lip....remember the war years?? Just give the missus a bag of rice, and 7 tins of sardines......that'll do her for a week....if she doesn't like it.....buy her a fishing rod.....:D

Is that incoming missiles from the Hun I hear? :xxparty-smiley-004:

empott
10th February 2007, 16:52
Using a mobile in calling UK is P22/min. Im using my landline phone to call UK and its P8/min. its alot cheaper though if u have VOIP which pldt is offering right now. I cant remember the cost though.

tiger@tigress
11th February 2007, 00:36
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
11th February 2007, 04:08
Thanks guys for ur advices. I think we will be fine then. I am not a high maintenance woman :rolleyes: I will be craving for filipino food from time to time, but im used of just eating bread or potatoes or cereals. :icon_lol: ... As for calling international, my parents can do the calling coz its cheaper to call from here... Plus they have a pc at home and i'll be leaving mine too, so communication wont be hard, i guess. The only problem will be the heating. He will be spending alot on that. :D I cant take the cold

wear some clothes ! :xxgrinning--00xx3: maybe your just like my wife and daughter, still wear the same clothes as in the philippines, no wunder they got colds, i still wear a coat 24/7, even in the bath and :Sex: , lol.
and being near scouse land, you canrt put your coat down for 1 min :Bolt:

joebloggs
11th February 2007, 04:15
Where supposed to be British guys......stiff upper lip....remember the war years?? Just give the missus a bag of rice, and 7 tins of sardines......that'll do her for a week....if she doesn't like it.....buy her a fishing rod.....:D

Is that incoming missiles from the Hun I hear? :xxparty-smiley-004:

kieth when are you bringing out your win2win ' tips on how to attract the opposite sex' and 'scouser keith's how to charm the lady's' dvd's? :D

walesrob
11th February 2007, 09:44
kieth when are you bringing out your win2win ' tips on how to attract the opposite sex' and 'scouser keith's how to charm the lady's' dvd's? :D

And don't forget ".....and DVD player, Flat Screen TV and car hubcaps" :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
11th February 2007, 10:02
Too busy at the moment producing the films;
Nuclear Blast over Manchester - Cheap to make as the place look exactly the same afterwards, and the occupants act ling retards already. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Confession of a Welsh Sheep - Boy is Rob in trouble...:D