PDA

View Full Version : Just Askin'...

shary2k1
9th February 2007, 00:49
:Hellooo:
Well, just would like to ask if you guys happen to know how much is the rent there in UK or perhaps you could advise me what to do when I'm already there. i'm all alone and wanna be independent. Which is better, a bedspace, a room, or a shared house? Anyway, i'll be going there to study i am planning to work as well. I prefer a cheap, slightly furnished would do cause i'll fly all the way from the philippines, and clean of course.
I'd like to know if you know guys the rate in London, and in Reading or near towns. Thank you very much. Your help is very much appreciated. God Bless!:D

KeithD
9th February 2007, 09:34
London....be AT LEAST £300/wk for a basic furnishless one bedroomed flat, probably with mold/damp/etc. Up North about £80/wk.

john sergison
9th February 2007, 11:49
:Hellooo:
Well, just would like to ask if you guys happen to know how much is the rent there in UK or perhaps you could advise me what to do when I'm already there. i'm all alone and wanna be independent. Which is better, a bedspace, a room, or a shared house? Anyway, i'll be going there to study i am planning to work as well. I prefer a cheap, slightly furnished would do cause i'll fly all the way from the philippines, and clean of course.
I'd like to know if you know guys the rate in London, and in Reading or near towns. Thank you very much. Your help is very much appreciated. God Bless!:D

hi
i think that you should email the college that you are going to study st because most have a student accomodation officer and can advise you of best thing to do

regards john:)

timandjudith
9th February 2007, 12:08
hi
i think that you should email the college that you are going to study st because most have a student accomodation officer and can advise you of best thing to do

Hi i totally agree with John, if you try and do this alone you will be ripped off and end up paying over the odds. The difference in rent from London to Reading is massive. Try and speak to the College then they will advise as John said and may put you in contact with some other students you can share with.

fred
9th February 2007, 12:43
Up North about £80/wk.

They`ll even chuck in a couple of whippets for that price.

ervenescence
9th February 2007, 13:23
Ah forget it, its expensive especially the cities. But then you can ask some advice/helps from your friends who lives there if you know any. If you got loads of dosh, well thats not a problem, just be wise.

The best thing to do is get yourself a brit guy, make sure his own a house. And that way you'll not be thinking the problem about lodging anymore..(hehe kidding)

Goodluck :)

shary2k1
9th February 2007, 15:52
hi

Well, i guess i really have to do your advise. A relative of mine offered her house for me to stay FOR THE MEAN TIME but it's located in London and I will be studying in Reading. I think that's a little bit far right? I guess first months for me would really be very hard but i have decided already after a month i will be renting because i don't wanna be a burden to my cousin. :NoNo: Oh well, this is life it would be very tough for me then. Gee... Thanks guys. I really do appreciate your help.

shary2k1
9th February 2007, 15:53
Ah forget it, its expensive especially the cities. But then you can ask some advice/helps from your friends who lives there if you know any. If you got loads of dosh, well thats not a problem, just be wise.

The best thing to do is get yourself a brit guy, make sure his own a house. And that way you'll not be thinking the problem about lodging anymore..(hehe kidding)

Goodluck :)

woooh! hehehehe... oh dear. HOW? hehehe (kiddin' too):D

shary2k1
9th February 2007, 15:55
They`ll even chuck in a couple of whippets for that price.

hehehe... ooh that's expensive.

shary2k1
9th February 2007, 15:56
Thanks guys for helpin... at least i already have an idea. Anyway, i'll keep in touch if ever heheh.

Tish
9th February 2007, 19:07
Most universities if not all, have their own accomodation at a cost.

If I were you, I'd stay with a cousin for while until I find my feet. Once you started university, you can then advertise yourself in your facultys' noticeboard. At the same time, you will diffinitely find other student advertising for a flatmate! Just be wary of whom you be sharing a place with, or you could end up in a difficult position!

Good Luck in your future endeavour! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
9th February 2007, 19:08
Some family members of mine rent houses from landlords for cash in London.
They then sublet the rooms to our eastern European friends.
To share a room costs £50.00 a week with no bills.
Bare in mind there are 9/10 people in each house.

andypaul
9th February 2007, 21:32
Well, i guess i really have to do your advise. A relative of mine offered her house for me to stay FOR THE MEAN TIME but it's located in London and I will be studying in Reading. I think that's a little bit far right? I guess first months for me would really be very hard but i have decided already after a month i will be renting because i don't wanna be a burden to my cousin. :NoNo: Oh well, this is life it would be very tough for me then. Gee... Thanks guys. I really do appreciate your help.

Depends on the area of London as reading is on a mainline railway from london paddington station stoping at stations in parts of west london. Which if your Cousin is offering somewhere to stay you might find the season ticket on the train about the same as renting a small room.

shary2k1
10th February 2007, 01:10
Most universities if not all, have their own accomodation at a cost.

If I were you, I'd stay with a cousin for while until I find my feet. Once you started university, you can then advertise yourself in your facultys' noticeboard. At the same time, you will diffinitely find other student advertising for a flatmate! Just be wary of whom you be sharing a place with, or you could end up in a difficult position!

Good Luck in your future endeavour! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks tish for the help and concern. :)

shary2k1
10th February 2007, 01:11
Some family members of mine rent houses from landlords for cash in London.
They then sublet the rooms to our eastern European friends.
To share a room costs £50.00 a week with no bills.
Bare in mind there are 9/10 people in each house.

£50/ WK well that's a lot but it's in London right? if outside London it would be much much cheaper?

shary2k1
10th February 2007, 01:15
Depends on the area of London as reading is on a mainline railway from london paddington station stoping at stations in parts of west london. Which if your Cousin is offering somewhere to stay you might find the season ticket on the train about the same as renting a small room.

:Erm: well i guess i should consider the time to travel then. :)

KeithD
10th February 2007, 10:04
I see you found the QUOTE button OK :icon_lol:

eljean
10th February 2007, 17:51
hmmm...so are you an exchange student?is it allowed to work under student visa?you will not be a burden if you will offer some help to your cousin maybe...while staying on her house....for how many months are you gonna study in UK?are you still coming back to the phil?do u have already a visa?

shary2k1
11th February 2007, 04:13
I see you found the QUOTE button OK :icon_lol:

lol hahahahaha...

shary2k1
11th February 2007, 04:14
hmmm...so are you an exchange student?is it allowed to work under student visa?you will not be a burden if you will offer some help to your cousin maybe...while staying on her house....for how many months are you gonna study in UK?are you still coming back to the phil?do u have already a visa?

I'm still applying for it most probably this week. i just hope they will give me one. Anyway, i'll be studying there for 2 years hopefully. :icon_lol:

ein11eleven
2nd May 2007, 03:19
hi! about sa plan mo, does it push through? kc ive been also planning to be there for studies. May i know what happened. pls reply thanks!