PDA

View Full Version : Nooooooooooooooooo

KeithD
15th June 2010, 20:41
After spending the afternoon trying to sort it out instead of racing/Sun .... either the motherboard or CPU have gone :Brick:

I wasn't going to upgrade to a 6 Core till the end of the year but had to do it now.... which due to the updates in technology meant I also had to buy memory and 2 graphics cards even though the ones I have still work :crazy: .... so in all it's cost £450 :Cuckoo: .... although when you think I once paid £350 for a Quadcore it looks cheap.

I hope everything turns up in the morning, but you can bet it'll be mid-afternoon :doh

Notavirusalso
15th June 2010, 20:49
Good luck Boss...I just upraded mine...only a amd 2x2.2 but i have bad been managing with my athalon till my bro melted his cpu...so i gave him my machine....Good brother or a good excuse to get a new machine ? the new mobo is great...built in ghost so everytime theres a lot of updates i just reload the system do the updates and do a fresh ghost.....about 20 mins ....I Love it... but am still praying for linux to to sort its wireless issue out on some distros, guess thats another thread ?

KeithD
16th June 2010, 19:06
Right, back up and running again apart from a small niggle, Vista only shows me 4 cores not 6 even though all 6 are in the Harware Monitor :Erm: ... changed 'Detect Hal' in Msconfig but still only finds 4 even though it knows it has 6 :Brick:

Notavirusalso
16th June 2010, 23:26
Right, back up and running again apart from a small niggle, Vista only shows me 4 cores not 6 even though all 6 are in the Harware Monitor :Erm: ... changed 'Detect Hal' in Msconfig but still only finds 4 even though it knows it has 6 :Brick:

Vista ? ? time to move on even Microsoft have realised thier mistake with that one and kinda admitted it, try Goto boot.ini tab and then click advanced Set /NUMPROC= to the maximum

KeithD
17th June 2010, 08:41
:doh W7 source code = Vista source code .... when will people realise this. All they've done with the majority of W7 is change the front-end GUI

Vista/W7 doesn't use Boot.ini

I'll have to meddle with the annoying BCDEDIT.EXE

IainBusby
17th June 2010, 10:33
:doh W7 source code = Vista source code .... when will people realise this. All they've done with the majority of W7 is change the front-end GUI

ooooohhhhh that's dangerous, better to a repair install and it will put the correct hal file in there.

aromulus
17th June 2010, 10:44

Why don't you take it to PC world, where people know what they are doing...?:Erm:

:crazy:

Ok, I am getting me coat....:76:

:Bolt::xxparty-smiley-004:

:icon_sorry:

IainBusby
17th June 2010, 10:56
Why don't you take it to PC world, where people know what they are doing...?:Erm:

PC World :yikes::yikes::yikes:

IainBusby
17th June 2010, 11:00
If this was a home user computer forum I'll bet that almost every thread in the rant section would be about PC World!!!

KeithD
17th June 2010, 11:01
Piddling with BCEDIT is fine, just annoying it is command line only .... done it now, and all 6 cores found :xxgrinning--00xx3: ..... now all I have to do is repair the SQL that was buggered when the computer went off :action-smiley-081:

LEAHnew
17th June 2010, 12:09

:yikes::Rasp::Cuckoo:

Piddling with BCEDIT is fine, just annoying it is command line only .... done it now, and all 6 cores found :xxgrinning--00xx3: ..... now all I have to do is repair the SQL that was buggered when the computer went off :action-smiley-081:

Good Luck Boss....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Notavirusalso
18th June 2010, 08:39

ah so vista is W7 will email gizmodo and tell them to stand down and stop raveing about it fools
Bcdedit and Boot ini same thing but will mind my own buisness

KeithD
18th June 2010, 10:09
ah so vista is W7 will email gizmodo and tell them to stand down and stop raveing about it fools
Bcdedit and Boot ini same thing but will mind my own buisness

Well they certainly didn't rewrite 9 million+ lines of code for W7 did they? Take the Iphone v.3 .... same hardware/OS as the Iphone v.4 , they've just changed the front-end GUI. Same with programs like Dreamweaver... CS2 & CS4 source code are basically the same, they just adjusted the front-end GUI.

Boot.ini used NTLDR, Vista/W7 does not.