PDA

View Full Version : Snouts in the trough 4 to face trial

Dedworth
11th June 2010, 15:19
Three former Labour MPs and a Tory peer are set to stand trial over expenses fraud allegations after a judge ruled they could not claim parliamentary privilege to stop prosecution.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10293475.stm

An excellent bit of news to finish the week on. The four loathsome trough feeders have failed in their attempt to avoid facing a criminal trial . Don't forget your toothbrushes chaps :D

Just a shame the biggest crook Blair has wriggled out of all this

johncar54
11th June 2010, 15:23
Glad to see that having said at the time the story broke they would almost certainly be prosecuted (when so many were saying they would not be) that it has happened.

Dedworth
11th June 2010, 15:31
Glad to see that having said at the time the story broke they would almost certainly be prosecuted (when so many were saying they would not be) that it has happened.

If I recall correctly two nameless moderators here were of the opinion it would all be swept under the carpet :rolleyes: No doubt it would have been had Brown & his slippery cohorts got back in.

It's a pity hard labour is no longer a sentencing option, still I wouldn't relish meeting Bubba in the Wormwood Scrubs showers :omg:

johncar54
11th June 2010, 15:36
If I recall correctly two nameless moderators here were of the opinion it would all be swept under the carpet :rolleyes: No doubt it would have been had Brown & his slippery cohorts got back in.

It's a pity hard labour is no longer a sentencing option, still I wouldn't relish meeting Bubba in the Wormwood Scrubs showers :omg:

The decision to prosecute or not is taken by the Crown Prosecution Service. Whilst I am not a fan of theirs, I do not believe they would/could be influenced by Brown or anyone else.

bornatbirth
11th June 2010, 15:41
theres 2 mods here without names :Erm:

hard labour?, i thought it was new labour :icon_lol:

Dedworth
11th June 2010, 15:50
The decision to prosecute or not is taken by the Crown Prosecution Service. Whilst I am not a fan of theirs, I do not believe they would/could be influenced by Brown or anyone else.

I'm a bit more cynical than you John. It is political....... The head of the CPS is appointed by the Attorney General who is a member of the cabinet. I don't know if you picked it up but the last AG under Brown was Baroness Scotland who falsely claimed to have seen a passport and Home Office letter showing that her illegal immigrant Tongan maid had the right to work in Britain. The Maid got jailed and the deceitful AG was fined £5000 for failing to keep documents.

johncar54
11th June 2010, 15:56
Having been part of the system for 30 years (albeit it was then a police decision to prosecute or not) I am fairly confident that the right decision is usually made.

As for Baroness Scotland, she was prosecuted so no complaints there

Dedworth
11th June 2010, 16:05
As for Baroness Scotland, she was prosecuted so no complaints there

Well I've got a complaint - how can someone with a criminal conviction remain in her job as the Govts senior legal officer :angry: answers on a postcard please to The Right Dishonourable Gordon Brown

johncar54
11th June 2010, 16:11
Simple because there is no law or parliamentary rule which prevents it. Mind you if enough people had bothered to pick up the phone and have a chat with their MP she might have lost the position, but then most people like to complain but they don't choose to actually do anything. That's real life !

(As I live in Spain and don't have a vote in UK, although I have to pay tax on my government pension there, I don't care either)