PDA

View Full Version : I need a Bank in the Philippines

Luzifus
4th March 2005, 13:11
I would like to open a Bank account in the Philippines over the Internet because I知 in the UK-England and plane to move to the end of this year to the Philippines.
Can somebody send me information on a Pilipino Bank how is trust worthy.
My plans are to open a home based Cake Business or party service. I知 a Masterbaker and chef from Germany and totally fat up with Europe.
Any help would be excellent and I say thanks all ready

Martin

peterdavid
4th March 2005, 15:29
Originally posted by Luzifus@Mar 4 2005, 12:11 PM
I would like to open a Bank account in the Philippines over the Internet because I知 in the UK-England and plane to move to the end of this year to the Philippines.
Can somebody send me information on a Pilipino Bank how is trust worthy.
My plans are to open a home based Cake Business or party service. I知 a Masterbaker and chef from Germany and totally fat up with Europe.
Any help would be excellent and I say thanks all ready

Martin

Quoted post

I would wholly advise against using a philippine bank. Not only are they about 50 years away from providing internet banking, they are also prone to suddenly closing their doors and keeping your money.

If you want to set up a philippine based account, i would advise going to HSBC in your home country and discussing it with them. HSBC has a couple of major offices in Manila and Makati and would most likely be able to provide what you need - including internet banking.

But I would advise steering clear of philippine banks - not only is internet banking considerably beyond them, but they are expensive (rip off) and very customer unfriendly.

Admin
4th March 2005, 19:45
They have a nasty habt of taking your money and forgetting to give it back, and when they do they charge you!

Luzifus
8th March 2005, 12:59
Thank you for your advice. I will go to my local bank and go from there.
A little bit to my self. As I sad before I知 a master baker and trained chef and work in the foot industry for the last 18+ years. 7 years ago I came to the UK to learn English and now it痴 time for a change of wall paper. To work in Europe gifs you a sense of security but for that you have to sacrifice on the quality of living. Every thing is don in a hurray, and believed it or not, but in London on a shopping trip I ones sah a shoo shop how, ask for 50pence to measure your shoo size. Well I知 born in Germany near Stuttgart and now a 33 years old single, writing poems, playing pool and I知 looking for a simpler lifestyle after a bad experience as Head baker hear in London.
Well I have to go to work

Martin Trastl

CONNIE
18th April 2005, 08:09
Originally posted by Luzifus@Mar 8 2005, 11:59 AM
Thank you for your advice. I will go to my local bank and go from there.
A little bit to my self. As I sad before I’m a master baker and trained chef and work in the foot industry for the last 18+ years. 7 years ago I came to the UK to learn English and now it’s time for a change of wall paper. To work in Europe gifs you a sense of security but for that you have to sacrifice on the quality of living. Every thing is don in a hurray, and believed it or not, but in London on a shopping trip I ones sah a shoo shop how, ask for 50pence to measure your shoo size. Well I’m born in Germany near Stuttgart and now a 33 years old single, writing poems, playing pool and I’m looking for a simpler lifestyle after a bad experience as Head baker hear in London.
Well I have to go to work

Martin Trastl

Quoted post

18 April 2005

Dear Martin,

I am residing right now in the Philippines. Your idea of putting up a restaurant here in our country is very welcome. Filipinos love to eat !!! Philippines is a third world country but NOT when it comes to gourmet foods! 5 Star hotels and restaurants have chefs coming from Europe; Chinese restaurants have authentic chefs from HongKong;Thai restaurants chef are straight from Thailand; Swiss restaurants have Swiss chef and Filipinos who studied culinary in Switzerland; many Italian Restaurants and a few German restaurants and deli ! Your market will be the upper middle class an the affluent.

Taking life easy would mean perhaps putting a cozy gourmet restaurant and bakeshop in resort areas like Boracy (white sand beach), Panglao in Bohol ( it is just being developed) beaches in Cebu and Palawan. These are the popular resort places visited by foreign as well as Filipino tourists. Quite a number of foreigners fell in love with our grain salt sands that they have built vacation houses in these places.

Thank you for considering Philippines ! Your investment will mean additional jobs for Filipinos.