PDA

View Full Version : Schengen visa in ammended passport

stuartfarm
9th June 2010, 17:56
Hi Guys

Can anyone offer advice

My wife just recieved her Schengen visa for our holiday in Spain in July

Her passport ( filipino ) has been ammended by the phil embassy in London to show "This passport is herby ammened to read in the bearer's married name" it then shows her married name "married to" my name.

However the Spanish Consulate have issued her schengen visa as per the data page of her passport ie her maiden name

I called them this morning and they stated that they allways issue the visa as per the data page and not as per the ammendments page.

All our flights etc are booked in her married name.

Any body else been it this situation ?

I'm worried that the airline will not allow her to fly as her visa and flight is in different names

I've spent half the day trying to call the airline for an answer but no luck

Any advice please !!1!

gWaPito
9th June 2010, 17:59
Hi Guys

Can anyone offer advice

My wife just recieved her Schengen visa for our holiday in Spain in July

Her passport ( filipino ) has been ammended by the phil embassy in London to show "This passport is herby ammened to read in the bearer's married name" it then shows her married name "married to" my name.

However the Spanish Consulate have issued her schengen visa as per the data page of her passport ie her maiden name

I called them this morning and they stated that they allways issue the visa as per the data page and not as per the ammendments page.

All our flights etc are booked in her married name.

Any body else been it this situation ?

I'm worried that the airline will not allow her to fly as her visa and flight is in different names

I've spent half the day trying to call the airline for an answer but no luck

Any advice please !!1!

All I know is, is that the name in the passport must match the name on the ticket.
You have that name in the passport so, I wouldn't worry too much but, then it's not me spending all that money.
Just keep trying to get in touch with the airline concerned.

Good Luck Stuart

stuartfarm
9th June 2010, 18:03
her name in passport ( ammended) does match the name on the ticket , its her name on the schegen visa that doesnt match the ticket

gWaPito
9th June 2010, 18:14
her name in passport ( ammended) does match the name on the ticket , its her name on the schegen visa that doesnt match the ticket

There you go, you have answered your question:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The airline is only interested in data page of the passport.

If customs check in Spain, which is very unlikely, they will look for her schegen visa.

So, Stuart sleep well and worry no more!

darren-b
9th June 2010, 23:15
There you go, you have answered your question:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The airline is only interested in data page of the passport.
If customs check in Spain, which is very unlikely, they will look for her schegen visa.

That is not true, they are also interested to see if the person has a valid visa if required to enter the country they are transporting them to.

Arthur Little
9th June 2010, 23:35
That is not true, they are also interested to see if the person has a valid visa if required to enter the country they are transporting them to.

But she HAS the requisite visa ... albeit in her maiden name ... and unless the person(s) at the airline's Check-in desk, Customs - and any others likely to look at her passport - is/are needing to visit Specsavers ... he/she/they will SEE it's the same person. And if the worse comes to the worst [which I very much doubt!] the bods can always verify it with the Spanish Consulate. :doh

Arthur Little
9th June 2010, 23:51

:iagree: with Mark (gWaPito) Stuart. If the Spanish Consulate staff are satisfied ... then so be it! No harm, of course, in contacting the Airline - even just for the sake of setting your mind at rest. :NoNo:

BTW ... Stuart Farm? ... your name has a familiar "ring" to it. :rolleyes: Would YOU happen to be the bloke I spoke to at the Glasgow Barrio Fiesta in the Kelvin Hall last year?

darren-b
10th June 2010, 07:41
But she HAS the requisite visa ... albeit in her maiden name ... and unless the person(s) at the airline's Check-in desk, Customs - and any others likely to look at her passport - is/are needing to visit Specsavers ... he/she/they will SEE it's the same person. And if the worse comes to the worst [which I very much doubt!] the bods can always verify it with the Spanish Consulate. :doh

I was only disagreeing with gWaPito point that they wouldn't look at the visa, not whether it would cause issues or not.

Back to your point about photos though, I've seen some people who look totally difference now to when their passport photo was taken (hairstyle, glasses, weight...).

stuartfarm
10th June 2010, 08:43
Hi Arthur

Yes Im the guy you met last year

Are you going again this year - Aug 7th & 8th , not 100% sure of the venue though

gracia143
12th June 2010, 20:06
Leave things as it is. I too have amended my Philippine Passport. I have travelled many times since coming to England (3 schengen visas stamped on my passport) and a Turkish Visa. The Visas had my husband's family name on it but everytime I travel I ended up having my family name on the ticket. They always scrutinize the passport, read all the pages and make sure every visa stamped there is authentic, meaning they eventually figure out the names and amendments done on the passport. I'm sure it'll be fine. Enjoy the holidays!!!

johncar54
13th June 2010, 09:19
IBack to your point about photos though, I've seen some people who look totally difference now to when their passport photo was taken (hairstyle, glasses, weight...).

I have been a voluntary translator at a police station in Spain for several years. One time a woman handed me her passport to prove her ID and I said, 'Do you have your passport?" From the photo I thought she had given me her husband's passport, She said she had changed her hairstyle. Oops ! Fortunately she had not understood what I said.

simplyxiao
18th June 2010, 00:03
based on my experience, i was issued a schengen visa from France consulate last year on my family name(single) as its on the data page but have a plane ticket on my married name (as seen on amendment page) and had no problem. what i did was put a small note on the data page "see next page for amendment" they just look at it and ask their supervisor for verification and its ok. I just brought with me our marriage contract and ID incase they ask. had travelled to france and germany with no problem.

Arthur Little
18th June 2010, 15:24
Hi Arthur

Yes Im the guy you met last year

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... thought so! Good to've met you.

Are you going again this year - Aug 7th & 8th , not 100% sure of the venue though

:Erm: ... not sure either, yet. Think I heard [somewhere?] it's to held in Edinburgh ... though don't quote me on this. :NoNo:

based on my experience, i was issued a schengen visa from France consulate last year on my family name(single) as its on the data page but have a plane ticket on my married name (as seen on amendment page) and had no problem. what i did was put a small note on the data page "see next page for amendment" they just look at it and ask their supervisor for verification and its ok. I just brought with me our marriage contract and ID incase they ask. had travelled to france and germany with no problem.

There you go, Stuart ... happy holiday! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stuartfarm
18th June 2010, 20:23
Thanks all - mind at rest now :)

Barrio Fiesta san Glasgow will be held in Glasgow - Kelvin hall again I think.

Maybe Edinburgh are having one too